• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
Rise of the Tomb Raider has a "Nope" achievement where you have to escape the forest on day 1 without picking up any artefacts

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
In nier automata, there is a scene where pascal asks you to either kill him or wipe his memory.

You can walk outside the door and his final words to you are: "A2, how could you?"

Oct 25, 2017
There's a moment in FFXII:
Ba'Gamman's Wiki entry said:
Ba'Gamnan had chanced a sight of Penelo having a few words with Balthier. Thinking she knows him, Ba'Gamnan kidnaps her to use her as bait. The plan is to lure Balthier to the Lhusu Mines and attack him there. The plan initially works, and Ba'Gamnan corners Balthier in the mines, but loses him once more. The party can either defeat Ba'Gamnan, or they can run away.
His gang one shots you, or at least they did to my entire party. I think whoever I was controlling had like 50hp when I cleared the zone.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Blood Omen on PS1. Kain has the choice to sacrifice himself and save the land, or condem the land and rule it.

Guess what he chose?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I figured this thread was for moments like in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance where towards the endgame you can finally go one on one with the Black Knight...
Or just walk out the door like "nah I'm good" and the castle just falls on top of him.

The right answer to take for pretty much any first playthrough as a win pretty much relies and having the Aether skill and Mist on hand for healing

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

100% this for me. It was the one part that scared the shit out of me when I first played. Even though I knew it was about to go down it always got me. There were two smiliar spots for me in Part 2 as well where I pretty much booked it during my first playthrough. Great stuff though!
Just played through this for the first time recently. Died here once, then threw a bunch of mines in that hallways upstairs before starting the generator the second time and sprinted to the damn door. That part of the game was my turning point to "maybe I don't need to kill everything"

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
In nier automata, there is a scene where pascal asks you to either kill him or wipe his memory.

You can walk outside the door and his final words to you are: "A2, how could you?"

Tons of scenes like that for all the endings in Automata. Always funny when it's some serious scene and you just walk the other way and the game is "Okay fine, be that way here's what happens"

Also I agree with the poster above me, It was the only correct choice in the Pascal situation. You wanted to be like humans bud, here's what it's like.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
In Wario Land 2 you can simply stay sleeping at the beginning of the game and that unlocks a secret story path. I discovered it simply by forgetting my Gameboy turned on in another room.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every Monster Hunter game has that one moment early on where the game's mascot makes a surprise appearance on an unrelated quest. It's early enough that you are absolutely not ready to fight them, and sometimes they're even buffed beyond the normal level you fight them at later.

They're all optional, so the game fully expects you to nope out of the fight unless you're feeling especially masochistic.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
In Wario Land 2 you can simply stay sleeping at the beginning of the game and that unlocks a secret story path. I discovered it simply by forgetting my Gameboy turned on in another room.
Lol yeah, personally I discovered it as a kid too, but the reason is even dumber... I was laughing my ass off just letting Wario asleep, saying to myself "ahah this is so funny to imagine, the alarm clock isn't waking him up !!" until the secret event happens and I was like "what the fuck ?!"

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
Oh, and Super Paper Mario has another great one:

I tried this for a laugh on one of my replays and learned the hard way that this comes before you have any chance to save, meaning if you get the game over, you have to restart the entire game including all the cutscenes. I greatly regretted it.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
Exanima
28B00E9F6949EF7336819DB46678733905D9E828

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
In pretty much every Dark Souls game you can sprint past all the enemies if you want. It's only the bosses you have to fight.

Oct 28, 2017
The Town with No Name begins with your train stopping in the wrong town and gives you the option to immediately get back on the train and keep going. Then this happens:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
iirc you can just lie to moira about everything she asks for wasteland survival guide in fallout 3 and finish the quest like that. its a shitty way to do it with no rewards but hey, the option is there

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
iirc you can just lie to moira about everything she asks for wasteland survival guide in fallout 3 and finish the quest like that. its a shitty way to do it with no rewards but hey, the option is there

You can also persuade her to not write the guide at all. It gives you a "Dream Crusher" perk which reduces enemy chances to critically hit you and evil karma, as well as makes Moira depressed for rest of the game.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
S;G 8 bit mini VN has the option at the very beginning of Okabe nope'ing out because it's too troublesome, he even includes his this is also a choice of the SG trademark too.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Some of Harvest Moon games.

- Do you want to take care of this farm?
- "Nope"
- Okay then.

-END-

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Deus Ex 1:

You can run away and not kill/harm Gunther in the France mission when he approaches you. I like to imagine he just stands there confused and thinking about orange soda once you leave.

LaoJim

Mar 29, 2020
Apologies if anyone has posted this as a video already (can't see them at the moment).

Arkham City Catwomen DLC...
where, having successfully carried out the heist you came for, you get a distress call from Batman trapped under some rubble. You can either go back to Arkham to save him, or walk out the other door with the loot - credits role with news reports of the city going to hell without Bruce.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Deus Ex 1:

You can run away and not kill/harm Gunther in the France mission when he approaches you. I like to imagine he just stands there confused and thinking about orange soda once you leave.

Yeah, was about to say that Deus Ex 1 has loads of moments like these! Love when running away is a valid option in video games

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, was about to say that Deus Ex 1 has loads of moments like these! Love when running away is a valid option in video games

Yuuup. Another great one is

Avoiding conflict with Walton Simons and he ends up chasing you all the way to Area 51. The dialogue is amazing

Walton : "You take another step forward and here I am again, like your own reflection repeated in a hall of mirrors"
JC : "That makes me one ugly son of a bitch."

The first time I saw this I was laughing to tears.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
The Last of Us 1 and 2 are full of these moments where "noping the heck out" are really valuable tactics.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Has someone tslked sbout Golden Sun just after thr first dungeon were they tell you to save the world.
After choosing the no option a ton of times...
Game over.

The only bad thing is that you would start from an older save in a dungeon lol

The first djinn in your journey also ask to join and you can say no. After a fuckton of nopes he gets angry and says fuck you im joining you like it or not.