• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
My first Android was a Note 4. I came from multiple iPhones to it.

It was amazing. I was playing SNES games on it and drawing/writing with my pen within the first few days. Take that OP :-P

I'd take my Pixel 3 over anything right now, really like it. Also, the built in call screening is the greatest.

My PS4 slim is pretty quiet, but the OG was bad...and the Pro is loud. My Xbox 1X can get loud during certain games, like Gears 4. (it's not as out in the open as it should probably be though).

The internet does have a shaky record.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
these are great lol
i think i've also fallen asleep every time i tried to watch bladerunner.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever people talk about how their PS4 Pro's are as loud as jet engines.

I mean, yeah, they make noise .. but my gaming laptop is much louder than the Pro. The hyperbole about PS4 Pro's noise problems is just on another level.
It absolutely can be very, very loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8

Those were defective units.

Also, I've personally heard a PS4 pro that was not one of those defective, and while it wasn't that loud it was uncomfortably loud.

The entire point of the hyperbolic language here is not a direct 1:1 comparison, but rather to highlight an unacceptable noise level.

Nov 1, 2017
When people go on about how Dark Souls is the best thing since sliced bread and needs to be put on a pedestal daily and worshipped.

That game was a clunky, boring & graphically unappealing mess. Maybe good if you have no life, no job and live in a basement where you can enjoy replaying the same bit over & over until you "get it just right" then mock others by saying "git gud" even though to "git gud" yourself, you spent many hours that you won't ever get back, all for forum brag rights.
Why are you so mad lol. Its crazy that people legit lose their minds over "git gud"

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I know this may sound edgy but a friend who super loved God Hand recommended it to me when it released and I remember it being very popular at The Other Place at the time and I bought it and.... I just don't understand? I cannot stand that game at all.

Sorry.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So I didn't have this problem, but I have the battery problem.

They've replaced the logic board twice and the battery 3 times. Dell hardware ain't great.

Still better than MacBook hardware.

If it's not a swollen, recalled battery (that you can't replace yourself, hell, they can't even replace it in-store) it's a keyboard that messes up.

And don't get me started on the absolutely craptacular touchpad that Apple uses on its laptops.

The Internet said:
Apple has the best touchpad on the market.

Biggest load of BS ever put to print right there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a Dell XPS 15 in 2016.

At the time, it was the best reviewed laptop on the market. Maybe ever. I did so much research. I read reviews on every tech site. I checked out user reviews. I read Amazon comments. I spent weeks researching this computer because it was supposed to be the "perfect laptop" - particularly in regards to its screen. One reviewer said the screen was so beautiful it would "make you cry." I was super excited to buy one because it looked great, I could afford it, and nobody seemed to have anything bad to say about it. Dell had done it and made the Macbook killer, etc. The best laptop with the best screen.

I got my Dell XPS 15 and the screen was god awful. The picture quality is great as long as nothing is moving. But the refresh rate is so low that nothing could move without ghosting. Even the mouse had trails behind it. Scrolling on a dark website was like watching the screen liquefy. I couldn't even watch videos on it because everything had ghosts. I was so upset. I'd never had that problem before with a laptop and couldn't believe that this never showed up in any of the dozens of reviews and testimonials I read.

But if you Google Dell XPS Ghosting, you find tons of references to consumers complaining about it and how it has never been fixed even in subsequent versions of the laptop. I can't believe a laptop with such a major issue continually gets superb reviews and recommendations. I was lied to!

My mom has one of these and it's god awful. Overheats and loses internet connection constantly. She literally only uses it for coupons and facebook and still it crashes.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
i saw for years that blade runner was one of the best sci-fi movies so i decided to buy the movie on blu-ray and didn't like it at all, the soundtrack is the only good thing about both movies and that's it honestly because they're both such a bore

So basically this thread is just people lying about stuff while acting like they were actually the ones lied to first.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Only if you can't sit still and appreciate slow burning films with less action.

Bad taste is a common factor here.

I think that if you're looking for great sci fi they're great. If you're looking to be entertained, there are big gulfs in which you will likely be bored.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
When people go on about how Dark Souls is the best thing since sliced bread and needs to be put on a pedestal daily and worshipped.

That game was a clunky, boring & graphically unappealing mess. Maybe good if you have no life, no job and live in a basement where you can enjoy replaying the same bit over & over until you "get it just right" then mock others by saying "git gud" even though to "git gud" yourself, you spent many hours that you won't ever get back, all for forum brag rights.

Git gud.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
On GAF when I was upset that you couldn't go offroad in FFXV with vehicles & got shot down and told I was wrong by several people. This feature eventually came but it didn't exist at the time.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I mean, yeah, they make noise .. but my gaming laptop is much louder than the Pro. The hyperbole about PS4 Pro's noise problems is just on another level.

I literally cannot hear my TV when I play certain games. It's not hyperbole and there are lot of videos for that on Youtube which you can listen to. It's louder than my vacuum.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the hype surrounding breath of the wild when it launched

never seen a game over hyped/praised to such a degree. felt like a crazy person reading all the insane praise and just... not really experiencing any of the magic from my playthrough.

and this is coming from someone whose favorite video game franchise is zelda and my top 2 games of all time are zeldas.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
A lot of folk lose their shit over FPS.
I've never noticed FPS differences unless its lag or something.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I grew up on Android after my iPod was stolen. So many people who use Android talk about iOS like it is some dumb little kid shit that is garbage and it is really bad.
Should have been a Mac user in the DOS/Windows 3.1 days. It was the exact same rhetoric. Then Windows 95 happened, and it was the Linux nerds copping that attitude towards both.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
When everyone was raving about 8bitdo's SFC and SNES controllers. They have absolutely rubbish d-pads. They've only recently made a great controller in the M30.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Okay it's not just me. I got a Galaxy S9 and I will not be buying another one. It runs Spotify so unreliably, and that's the majority of what I play with on my phone. Yesterday I was stuck in traffic, opened Spotify and clicked an album. It took several minutes for it to get past buffering, and when it displayed the album, it displayed no songs. I rode in silence. I'm not blaming android, as my friends Pixel has never run Spotify like that. But I'm blaming this shit ass phone.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"No way Trump is winning" was the one.

I don't even live in an English-speaking country and came across news / memes about Trump every day around the elections for the US.
Why people were so certain he wasn't going to win? Even in real life, I found people dismissing any chance...

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I mostly trust my own judgement.
People are extremely comfortable with lying.
I seriously doubt the integrity of most people online. Sorry.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
"No way Trump is winning" was the one.

I don't even live in an English-speaking country and came across news / memes about Trump every day around the elections for the US.
Why people were so certain he wasn't going to win? Even in real life, I found people dismissing any chance...
Really just because it sounded so bizarre on paper. He was a reality tv show host. Then when he won the GOP primary, it turned into "there's still absolutely no way we would elect someone so openly racist and misogynistic"

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
That Android is faulty and iOS is almost perfect. The truth is, both are solid OSs.

That TLoU is a masterpiece, while a good game, it's far from that.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017

Do you have the launch CUH-7000 model or the newer CUH-7200 series? There have been reporting the latter is much more likely to be quieter.
I feel like this is ignored too often when discussing PS4 Pro noise levels.
https://kotaku.com/new-ps4-pro-models-seem-much-quieter-1830314108

I have the launch 7000 series, and I can tell you that when I am playing certain games (particularly Sony's first party output) it definitely sounds like a hairdryer

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have the launch CUH-7000 model or the newer CUH-7200 series? There have been reporting the latter two are much more likely to be quieter.
I feel like this is ignored too often when discussing PS4 Pro noise levels.

I have the launch 7000 series, and when I am playing certain games (particularly Sony's first party output) it definitely sounds like a hairdryer
I also have a launch model.

The only time I've noticed it get really loud is when certain games unlock FPS in the menus (like Horizon ZD), otherwise it's totally well within acceptable parameters as far as I'm concerned.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i saw for years that blade runner was one of the best sci-fi movies so i decided to buy the movie on blu-ray and didn't like it at all, the soundtrack is the only good thing about both movies and that's it honestly because they're both such a bore
Yup. I watched it last year for the first time because I wanted to watch 2049 but for me it was such a letdown that I didn't even bother with 2049, especially knowing how long it is. To be fair though, seeing it more than 30 years after its original release is probably not the best for judging a movie.

OP
OP
MotiD

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
That Android is faulty and iOS is almost perfect. The truth is, both are solid OSs.

That TLoU is a masterpiece, while a good game, it's far from that.
Most of the complaints in my post are about the Galaxy S and not Android, and carriers bloating your Android with garbage is a fact (maybe not for everyone, it was for me) as well the uncertainty of when or if your phone is going to get the next update.

TLoU is a masterpiece and you are wrong