• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How often should I shower?

• Once or more a day every day - even weekends!

Votes: 1,439 80.9%
  • Every couple of days since I have an enchanting musk

Votes: 287 16.1%
  • Once a week, I enjoy smelling like a foot

Votes: 11 0.6%
  • I don't allow clean water to touch me since my natural oils and scent allow me to ward off predators

Votes: 41 2.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I shower every day with a pH balanced soap. I only lather up my groin, pits and ass.

I shampoo once a week and condition every day (also pH balanced).

No complaints from my germophobic and anal SO of almost 5 years.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
You can't shower away character flaws and past mistakes people.
But with this hot weather it's good to shower every day. Just don't use too much soap. Soap sucks.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most people shower everyday to not smell and this article doesnt really answer that question. Dont be a smash player.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Lol hygiene threads on here are always incredible. I gym or do some form of physics activity everyday ( ex/ yoga everyday ) so daily shower is a must

Mar 29, 2018
Shower until you're clean.

Repeat.

Why is that so hard?
Cool, so unless you're gymming or excruciating hard every day, that's a shower once every 2 or 3 days, yeah?

Gotcha

Don't use a magazine article to justify your bad hygiene. You need to shower every day.
This is literally several scientists and experts saying this

Why would you ignore it

Wtf

Do you ignore what they have to say when it comes to other shit, too? Like recovering from illnesses, controlling bad symptoms, taking medication, etc?

I understand and take no issue with the idea of not showing every single day.

But I don't remotely understand showering once a week. Even twice is pushing it. If I go two days without a shower, I feel dirty and gross.
Yeah, two days is my personal limit except the couple of times a year when I happen to not move much for several days

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Yeah I shower around three times a week. More depending on my activity and the heat. People have brainwashed themselves into thinking they need to shower everyday.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To get rid of smell is exactly why people shower. Plus it's a relaxing daily ritual and I personally get lots of good ideas when showering, especially if I had been stuck on a problem.

Also people are fully aware of the drying out of skin and that's why body oils and moisturisers are so popular.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I shower every other day, so 3 or 4 times a week. Could be more if I took a long walk the evening before. So yeah 'as needed' here as well.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I shower every day, it's my morning routine. If it's really hot I might take a cool shower before bed too.

Dec 4, 2017
I shower (incl. hairwash) every other day. On the off days I just do a quick scrub of my face, pits and junk. Not worried about ass funk since I wash instead of wiping.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
  • Your vote will be publicly visible.
giphy.gif

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Shower morning and night.
Brush teeth morning and nigh.
Workout mornings.
Sleep at least 7 hours every night.

These are your 4 basic commandments.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I shower on workout days or if I'm going somewhere nice with someone so roughly 4-5 times a week. Not a big deal if I miss a couple days as I use deodorant and don't smell like shit from poor diet and hygiene.

I have a cousin that would shower 4 times a day and he got a staph infection so...

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah I shower around three times a week. More depending on my activity and the heat. People have brainwashed themselves into thinking they need to shower everyday.

Some of the reactions in this thread are borderline hysterical.

I wash my armpits, groin, ass & feet every day. The rest though, I only do after a workout or when it's really hot. Wash my hair 2 times a week and trying to go for once a week because I noticed it getting less and less greasy when refraining from scrubbing it too often.

I don't shower when I don't move a lot.

I've never had anyone (family/friends/lovers/colleagues) tell me I stank.

AND I PEE IN THE SHOWER TOO.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I shower every other day during winter, but I do a groin, pit wipe every day at the sink. During summer times its daily

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shower morning and night.
Brush teeth morning and nigh.
Workout mornings.
Sleep at least 7 hours every night.

These are your 4 basic commandments.
What a fucking waste of precious water. If you absolutely need to shower every day, at least only do it once.

And going one day without a full-body shower won't kill you.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Before it was somethibg like every other day. After being stationed to SEA, i changed to every day.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Of course showering every few days isn't going to hurt you, but it's all about smell.
you can combat smell with a soapy washcloth at the sink. People def do a full body shower to damn often. what is funny to me is people showering twice a day but wear their stinky clothes multiple days.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I assume, by "showering" they are not just referring to the act of splashing yourself with water but also include using soaps etc?
Or is just showing with water and nothing else just as bad to your skin? which I almost cannot believe to be the case

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I live in the sweltering armpit of the U.S., so I shower daily at the bare minimum. In summer months it's not at all uncommon for me to do it twice.

Jan 10, 2018
Every other day. But it depends on what I do. If I'm excercising then ofc I'm going to shower afterwards. But if I'm only sitting on my ass all day I don't see the point in showering. It seems like a big waste of water first and foremost.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, when people here in Austin are like, "It's so humid" I realize they've never lived somewhere that's where an actual swamp is. I grew up in the middle of South Carolina, and also lived 6 years in central Illinois. Austin "humidity" has nothing on either of those.
I now live in SC too.

I was born and raised in Europe though and never understood what an anti perspirent was til I got to South Carolina. Whew.

Yeah, showers are needed daily for us.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume, by "showering" they are not just referring to the act of splashing yourself with water but also include using soaps etc?
Or is just showing with water and nothing else just as bad to your skin? which I almost cannot believe to be the case
I think they mean with soap, but depending on your water, I believe that can dry out your skin on its own to some degree.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
you can combat smell with a soapy washcloth at the sink. People def do a full body shower to damn often. what is funny to me is people showering twice a day but wear their stinky clothes multiple days.
True. You can wash up. But if you're like me, showering is easier. I'm in and out in five minutes.