• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

It has been a long time since I made a thread, but I thought this news was threadworthy. It's a very short article written by Elton John.

time.com

The Weeknd: The 100 Most Influential People of 2020

Find out why The Weeknd is on this year’s list

And in other news, Blinding Lights has become the longest running top 5 U.S hit of all time. Of ALL TIME. Here is a clip of him performing the song for Time. If a proper full version is released then I'll post that too.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard the song.

It's incredible how easy it is to be completely out of the pop culture loop these days.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His latest album is the best pop album this year, that's for damn sure

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
After Hours is good but nothing will ever top his debut
His latest album is the best pop album this year, that's for damn sure
Charli_XCX_-_How_I%27m_Feeling_Now.png

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The album is solid - even if I think the retro synth pop revival aesthetic is SUPER played out at this point. We've basically spent a longer period of time in the "nostalgic synth" era than we did the actual 1980's.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
This generations Chris Brown, pop, art, rap rock etc. it's all there my favorite weekend song is blinding lights

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
for some reason i thought that song was older but thats bc 2020 has lasted 6 years.
not to downgrade the record, but I assume there are significantly less new songs this year than an average year?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He has my complete interest with every new release and that's one of the best compliments I can give any artist.
Also, there were a lot of different, great variations of "pop" music this year, hard to say that 'x' is best.
Fiona, Moses Sumney, Perfume Genius, Rina... etc.. Apples/oranges

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
At this point, if you try to downplay anything about The Weeknd it actually says more about you than him. Dude is on another level.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Some of you guys are hilarious. How can you not have heard blinding lights? It's everywhere. I can turn on the radio and this is playing on some station 100%. I'm more into metal so I don't even listen to the radio but there are always occasions where it's playing :D

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Blinding Lights really reminds me of something off of the Broken Bell's album After the Disco, I swear it has the same synth riff almost actually. Still love the song though.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much of that success can be attributed to the group dance that was a huge viral hit on TikTok I wonder.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Some of you guys are hilarious. How can you not have heard blinding lights? It's everywhere. I can turn on the radio and this is playing on some station 100%. I'm more into metal so I don't even listen to the radio but there are always occasions where it's playing :D
Who listens to the radio?

Any way Abel is a god. Fan since House of Balloons. He's great live too.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Who listens to the radio?

Any way Abel is a god. Fan since House of Balloons. He's great live too.
Haha me neither, hate radio stations but for example at work, party, shopping, advertising, etc. Some of these activities are non existent because of Corona but it's kinda crazy that some folks never heard of it before.