• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Changing America's Story by saying "nothing will fundamentally change." No thanks!
Sigh. You know what you are doing so I'm not sure why I am bothering, but, telling rich assholes their lives won't change because they get taxed more is an excellent message, and honestly one even Bernie would make.

"I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who has made money," he said. "The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it's all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one's standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change."

Yes I know, some of y'all live in an alternate reality where the rich have all their assets seized and are given to the poorest in the country, but this is America like it or not, the will of the voters and all that. (I don't like it at all)

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
r

maxresdefault.jpg

Sans-titre.jpg
Nice.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Essential workers. You know. The people that are holding this country together right now. Biden and Harris haven't done shit yet.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes.

I thought it would be front line workers or fauci, because I thought that picking the president elect was too obvious. I've gotten so used to "the surprising choice" that the obvious choice seemed unlikely.

But recognize the moment you're in. Joe biden was elected president by more people than any other president in american history. Kamala Harris is the first woman VP in american history. And she's an african american woman of asian descent.

Person of the year is a silly magazine title. But these two retired Donald Trump. And that's important. Competency is worth celebrating.

Trump still dominates our narrative. He's still the focus. But there's a way out. We elected Joe Biden and Kamala Harris sweep Trump out. Let the new normal wash out the new abnormal.
I wanted it to be health care workers but this is a good post.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a tradition for Time to select the president-elect, but if there was ever a moment to pick someone else, it was this year and healthcare workers.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
For God's sake people they chose the president-elect like they always do and added the first woman and woman of color vice president as well as gave the guardian of the year award to Fauci and healthcare workers which will also get a spread in the same issue.

On top of that you know that this absolutely infuriates Trump which is always a win in my book.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
People saying essential workers were robbed, as if this was a real prize that means anything.

I don't understand how Biden is consequential other than him consolidating support and crushing the only supporter of Single-Payer healthcare in the middle of a pandemic and defeating Donald Trump after he completely shit the bed.
yes I too am confused at how defeating Donald Trump is consequential.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
For God's sake people they chose the president-elect like they always do and added the first woman and woman of color vice president as well as gave the guardian of the year award to Fauci and healthcare workers which will also get a spread in the same issue.

On top of that you know that this absolutely infuriates Trump which is always a win in my book.
Oh yes, this is what I was thinking of!

time.com

Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Frontline Health Workers Are TIME's 2020 Guardians of the Year

Dr. Fauci fought for science while frontline workers risked their own health to save others in a global pandemic

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
As a former Time Person of the Year, I can assure you, this isn't something worth arguing over.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Should've been the essential worker.

I mean if Time gave it to "you" as in YouTubers they can give it to essential workers.

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
Why give Biden (and Harris!) the Person of the Year at this stage? "Uniting a country"? This just diminishes the purpose of the "title" when nothing has happened yet, and they have done nothing to earn it. It feels like when Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009... when he had just been elected.

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
I tell you what I would do if I was biden hold a press conference and say I'm not accepting time person of the year instead it should be all the health care.workers that get it

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah, should have really been essential workers, i.e. truck drivers, grocers, delivery drivers, janitorial staff, and finally health care workers.

Oh well. At least trumpo's meltdown will be fun to watch.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I mean pissing off Trump is always good, but Biden and Harris haven't even done anything yet.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently if you get elected you just have a good chance of being person of the year since the 90s. (Reagan was POTY in 1980 and 1983, and HWBush once in 1990)

1992: Bill Clinton
1996: David Ho ( Ho, a scientist, pioneered much AIDS research. )
2000: George W. Bush
2004: George W. Bush
2008: Barack Obama
2012: Barack Obama
2016: Donald Trump
2020: Joe Biden & Kamala Harris

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
This is super dumb. He won an election not because of anything he did, but because people disliked the other guy so much. He barely even campaigned lol. Then on the other hand, we had essential workers dealing with a historical pandemic... Come on, man!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
To be honest, Joe Biden shouldn't have gotten it. People like me didn't vote for Joe because we like him. It's because we wanted to get rid of Trump.

The essential workers & healthcare workers during this pandemic are the real heroes who should've gotten the honor.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, should've been essential workers, but the meltdowns sure are hilarious! šŸ˜…

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
How about we handle the pandemic properly, pay essential workers more and worry about a bit less about having them win person of the year. In an election year it always go to the victor, and yeah if that's the tradition, then this year is as good as any.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Should definitely have been health care workers/essential workers or even just nurses. George Floyd/BLM activists would also have been a good pick any other year than this. This year will be remembered as the year of COVID-19 much more than the year of Biden/Harris or BLM.