• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
It already sounds stupid and cringe-worthy when an unknown, most likely under 30, online user says this... From a grown-ass man though... It just hits peak levels.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Epic literally compared their "fight" to 1984. This isn't surprising.

Still embarrassing tho

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
One is putting your liberty at risk to stand up for basic human rights. The other is losing some of your bottom line.

Definitely the same.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One is putting your liberty at risk to stand up for basic human rights. The other is losing some of your bottom line.

Definitely the same.

In all honesty. Tim is a billionaire. I doubt he understands the difference between human rights and his "obligation" to become even richer.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Has any other executive in the video game industry made himself as easy to hate as Tim Epic?

I recall Bobby Kotick having an impressive string of bad takes many years ago, but I'm pretty sure he at least didn't try to couch his generic scummy businessman moves in the language of the civil rights movement or 1984.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Do we need to put out a PSA to keep that shit out of their mouths because I'm seeing a lot of stupid people having white hot takes like this. If your dignity, life and humanity is not at stake, keep that shit out of your fuckin' mouths, please.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
This was a stupid blunder on Tim's part for the reasons pointed out above. Should've compared it to the tea party if anything. Apple tax compared to King's Tax. Now that's a proper comparison.

I just found out Apple dropped their fee from 30% to 15% on small businesses (less than $1M in revenue) as a result of Sweeney's suit though.

I hope everybody can now see that Epic is actually the good guy in that lawsuit and made good things happen. Apple is the bad guy in this lawsuit. We shouldn't stan for them. And I say this as someone who owns a little bit of Apple stock.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out Apple dropped their fee from 30% to 15% on small businesses (less than $1M in revenue) as a result of Sweeney's suit though.

I hope everybody can now see that Epic is actually the good guy in that lawsuit and made good things happen. Apple is the bad guy in this lawsuit. We shouldn't stan for them. And I say this as someone who owns a little bit of Apple stock.

uh huh

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This was a stupid blunder on Tim's part for the reasons pointed out above. Should've compared it to the tea party if anything. Apple tax compared to King's Tax. Now that's a proper comparison.

That was never Tim's goal, he said that

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
0ebebd2b188dc667f73a0cf6152f51a6.gif

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
While I am with Epic on this fight, they realllllly need better pr in this fight. Sweeney is clearly not vary good at this and should just avoid tweeting about this. Hire some pr firm and have them review and edit anything Epic or Sweeney want to post.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sweeney is Kanye tier in that he is a grifter and lives off this shit once he realized what kind of attention such responses create. Just ignore him as best you can.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
The year is 2048. I'm walking through the park with my grandson:
"Come over here, grandson. See that statue? That's Tim Sweeney. He fought for people's rights to pay him directly instead of through middle men who enabled his company to succeed."

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Yeah, no. I have not bought a single thing from Epic or played any of their games since this idiot started opening his mouth and now I never will again. Fuck Epic. You can barf out all the "free" games you want, I'd rather die than download your shitty ass launcher and support this idiot.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

How can you read the Sweeney quotes and come to opposing conclusion of what Sweeney himself said? He is literally declining your own claims.

Also you should never stan for any company. I hope you know that.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah I feel so oppressed by Apple's app store man. Oh wait I don't own an Apple device and don't plan to buy one any time soon.

It would be nice if they allowed other stores on their devices but that's Apple's choice.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Has any other executive in the video game industry made himself as easy to hate as Tim Epic?

I recall Bobby Kotick having an impressive string of bad takes many years ago, but I'm pretty sure he at least didn't try to couch his generic scummy businessman moves in the language of the civil rights movement or 1984.

Randy Pitchford is very close... thankfully, we're exposed to a lot less of him

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
You know, on principle I am more on Epics side than Apple's in this specific issue. But man, Sweeney makes it *really* hard for me to stay that way.
Billionaire fighting against larger Billionaire so they can make more billions is really NOT even remotely related to Rosa Parks nor giving up her seat.

Jun 26, 2018

Cliff Blezinski has probably never stooped to the level Tim is going for here, but he's made attempts for sure.