• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
annotation2019-12-010qwjri.jpg

Competition lead to the release of a game thats been in development for 4 years and Client features that have been released and teased before.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fucking lol... Leave to Tim to take credit for a new Half-Life

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Now if only instead of buying already made games, Epic decided to develop their own. Now that would be healthy competition.

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
I'm not sure Alyx was made directly because of him and the EGS paying for exclusivity, if that's what he's implying.

But competition is good, regardless of the pitchfork keyboard warriors saying otherwise.

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tim sweeney is a dumbass and a liar, and he keeps showing it every time he opens his piehole on twitter.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
We forgive you, (Epic) King.

Seriously, this toad is just lapping up credit left and right for stuff EGS hardly is involved with initially.

Yet folks say we shouldn't compare him to another egomaniac who is a leader and likes to take credit for stuff they never done.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He's not saying anything wrong there, nor he is implying anything... but hating the EGS is cool now so no one cares.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Seriously? TIM. This game literally had a interview come out the same day as the release stating that they've been working on this for a long long time.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
He's not implying that at all.

What else does it mean when he is talking about multistore function and competition and then saying "NOW Valve has HL:A and new features"?

It's quite a reach OP to say sweeny implies that.

Maybe read the whole Twitter thread then?
He is talking about the multistore future, he is talking how MS has gamepass now, Epic has their store and "NOW Steam has new features". How else would you read that?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
How is he implying that? Is he also implying that Microsoft invented GamePass due to the Epic Game Store? Because he lists that as part of the same tweet chain.

Y'all are trying really hard.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not reading that from his post necessarily, but I've seen similar enough sentiments around here about the Steam UI refresh that I wouldn't be surprised if this is at least partially true in his mind.

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
EGS can't even program a shopping cart for their store client, and I'm supposed to believe they inspired valve to make improvements. Alright.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
What else does it mean when he is talking about multistore function and competition and then saying "NOW Valve has HL:A and new features"?

"Now Valve has Half Life: Alyx and a lots of new Steam features. In my view, this is the best time ever for PC game stores."

"Now [...] is the best time ever for PC game stores."

There's nothing in his tweet that implies HL:A is a reaction to Epic. Seriously, you're reaching for the most negative interpretation possible to stoke the flames.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This is literally not what he is implying and anyone who agrees with the title premise was looking for blood from the start

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
He's seen how brutally his company can crunch its own workforce, so maybe he assumed Valve did the same to rush HL:A.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
He's absolutely not saying that, you just want him to say that so you can reinforce your hate for EGS.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see Tim Sweeney, who's been making games for almost 30 years, implying that Valve developed a game just to stick it to the EGS.

I mean, he's made some pretty crappy comments in the past, but in that case it's quite a reach.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
He's not saying anything wrong there, nor he is implying anything... but hating the EGS is cool now so no one cares.
He constantly does this thing where he acts like EGS has brought a whole new world of competition to PC gaming, so he gets to take credit even when his competitors do something, because they're only doing it because he shook up the market. Like thanks to EGS there is finally something happening in PC gaming, as if EGS was the second digital distribution storefront ever.

Yep. If someone else had said this exact quote, no one would bat an eye.
Yeah it's real shocking that people consider someone's previous statements as context for their current ones. Truly, a revolution has occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.