• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
but his reply is nestled in the original tweet in the OP calling him out that specifically alerts him to the "misogyny, targeted harassment, and rampant entitlement" of the channel
Holy shit, you're right. Fuck my "I refuse to believe" shit, it's literally in the OP!

Why the hell is anyone trying to claim he didn't know?

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
but his reply is nestled in the original tweet in the OP calling him out that specifically alerts him to the "misogyny, targeted harassment, and rampant entitlement" of the channel
You have a point.

E5vAsm0.png

At the very least, he definitely should have realized what was up sooner than he did.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
You have a point.

E5vAsm0.png

At the very least, he definitely should have realized what was up sooner than he did.

"Oh I'm sorry, I thought we just talking about Regular Gamer misogyny, harassment, and entitlement, not something truly gross."

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

It is consistent with his reply explaining that he thought he was dealing with something similar to /r/fuckepic or /steam/fuckepic.

There are three bullet points:
  • misogyny,
  • targeted harassment,
  • rampant entitlement.
Misogyny and targeted harassment could refer to what happened to the devs of Ooblets.

Targeted harassment could be the right term for many devs who accepted Epic's exclusivity deal.

As for the "rampant entitlement", I must be missing the original point, because all I can think of is the Steam vs. EGS platform war, and the way gamers are depicted in the press.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about TheQuartering, and the name does not give much information.

Edit: Also, there is some overlap between communities. For instance, I remember this post on /steam/fuckepic from the last time I checked the group to answer to people coming as a brigade on a Steam hub:

And the linked tweet refers to a Youtube content creator who likes to post fake news to get a brigade against devs, for instance recently against indie dev of Faeria.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, you're right. Fuck my "I refuse to believe" shit, it's literally in the OP!

Why the hell is anyone trying to claim he didn't know?
b
Because you got to give your libertarian billionaire shitheels with a string of terrible takes more chances, duh.

Of course it's just totally fine to professionally associate with truly awful people as long as you pretend that "ah shucks friends I didn't know that they were that bad" after people call you out on it.

People like Sweeney and his ilk are operating in a society where the resources they possess ensure no actual consequences for practically anything that they do or say and they get an endless stream of mea culpas so really why would you not act like a f****** idiot.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You gotta so some screening or at least pay a couple of people to do it for you if you cant be bothered to do it yourself. Just talking with certain people and giving them another platform may as well be endorsement because the platform is all these shitheads are after anyway

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
b
Because you got to give your libertarian billionaire shitheels with a string of terrible takes more chances, duh.

Of course it's just totally fine to professionally associate with truly awful people as long as you pretend that "ah shucks friends I didn't know that they were that bad" after people call you out on it.

People like Sweeney and his ilk are operating in a society where the resources they possess ensure no actual consequences for practically anything that they do or say and they get an endless stream of mea culpas so really why would you not act like a f****** idiot.

If only there was a system in place that punishes famous people for not doing their research

Oct 8, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory Generalization
Sadly, Tim Sweeney, CEO or not, is a Software Engineer and Computer Programmer. He lacks basic social skills, such as empathy because of this.

Not to say he is not doing a tremendously good job leading his company into some serious financial success

This is one of those times where he is making a serious mistake if he gives this guy any attention or validity whatsoever

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, Tim Sweeney, CEO or not, is a Software Engineer and Computer Programmer. He lacks basic social skills, such as empathy because of this.

Not to say he is not doing a tremendously good job leading his company into some serious financial success

This is one of those times where he is making a serious mistake if he gives this guy any attention or validity whatsoever

wut?

Please tell me that you forgot the /s ...

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

As someone who was a programmer for over 10 years, I take great offense at this statement. wtf dude

Nov 2, 2017

Or you know, Tim Sweeney himself just kinda sucks as a person. You don't have to paint all programmers in the same light.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
"Should one avoid associating with an influencer because of disagreement with their views?"

Yes, because it lends them credibility and validation for their shitty viewpoint and harassment practices.

I have no time for this tech bro shit. I was cribbing free stuff from the Epic store but won't be any more and will look for a deactivate button.

The marketplace of ideas thing is broken, absolutely busted. Ever notice that it is mainly dominated by arseholes pushing, as best, ignorance and disinformation? Yeah. Fight for that right.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
This asshole just got dragged into my Youtube recommendations. I reported one video because he was just slagging off some female comedian and then, Google, arbiter of shit, decides to drop ANOTHER one of his nuggets of shit into my recommendations. I tried to be more direct telling them to fuck off with the whole channel but how does some guy that watches Breadtube and English panel/quiz shows get this asshole on his recs?

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I look forward to debating Tim on my one subscriber YouTube channel seeing as he's so pro free speech.

Oh wait, he won't? You mean he does pick and choose who he platforms, and does so not based on their views, but the number of subscribers they have?

I don't have a problem with people doing videos with the quartering, but you have to do so in a responsible way. That means actually being good at debating, and willing to call out their bullshit. Most aren't able to do those