• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how long before our system spins up on COVID? Once we hit half a million dead?

Scubdi

Jan 21, 2020
Funny how Tim said game companies should stay out of politics and then he says shit like this. You are the very public face of one of the biggest gaming companies you nitwit!

Ps. Politics need to be a part of games and gaming. If we do not have these discussions, our silence just leaves a void for dumb shit like this

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
He's literally a lead figure in the games industry
Tim Sweeney apparently went completely insane at one point. What the hell is wrong with him?

Uh.. game developer and CEO of game company Epic has nothing to do with video games?
What kind of gaming discussion is he bringing to the table with his words? Am I the only one who sees this? If Cory Barlog tweets he prefers The Beatles to the Rolling Stones, are we going to create a thread in this part of the forum to talk about it?

If you believe a thread violates the thread creation guidelines, then report it and if the mods/admins agree with you then they will take appropriate action.
It is what I am going to do.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Gaming Era?

I am sick and tired of reading threads that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming in this part of the forum. I know the guy, but he is not promoting any kind of discussion around videogames.

Stop this shit.

He is one of the most influential in gaming right now and if you don't want to read these threads, maybe just don't read them.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
When you are Grade A+ student in programming and an F- History and poli-social sciences.

God damn, Tim Sweny is really showing his ignorant ass out there. Feels like he is going to be Jaffe 2.0

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
He should go back to werk on his compudder or somethingsuch.

The issue is that people think "someone has to be exceptional so why shouldn't it be us?". The truth is no country is exceptional, most don't set out to be and the ones that do just fall short more prominently.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
unknown.png

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Gaming Era?

I am sick and tired of reading threads that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming in this part of the forum. I know the guy, but he is not promoting any kind of discussion around videogames.

Stop this shit.
"stop talking politics with muh vidyaaaa"

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
What kind of gaming discussion is he bringing to the table with his words? Am I the only one who sees this? If Cory Barlog tweets he prefers The Beatles to the Rolling Stones, are we going to create a thread in this part of the forum to talk about it?
So when the topic of sexual abuse within the gaming community comes up, you think that's off topic / not relevant as well?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the strongest freedoms. Other freedoms are only 70% but Tim has 88% freedoms.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Just scroll past ffs, nobody forced you to enter the thread

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Imagine UNIRONACALLY saying
A M E R I C A N
E X C E P T I O N A L I S M
In 2020
HOLY SHIT

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

He isn't talking about The Beatles vs. the Rolling Stones.

He is discussing the state of our country during an incredibly important period. It is absolutely worth shining a light on because of how ignorant his comments are.

Also, and I know this is crazy, but you're not forced to be in the thread.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've always respected Sweeney for his development chops and felt he's never got the props he deserves for engine programming compared to Carmack, but his personal views are basically Trump-lite. I guess given how popular Unreal Engine is he thinks he can spout off any kind of nonsense and Epic won't be harmed by it.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
If I can put obvious system wars bullshit threads on ignore it's also possible to ignore threads that accidentally expose what a shit heap the gaming industry is for people who don't want to be exposed to that truth.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
"stop talking politics with muh vidyaaaa"
He isn't talking about The Beatles vs. the Rolling Stones.

He is discussing the state of our country during an incredibly important period. It is absolutely worth shining a light on because of how ignorant his comments are.

Also, and I know this is crazy, but you're not forced to be in the thread.
I am not against people talking about politics at all. It is just that in my opinion this thread doesn´t belong in this subforum.

I entered thinking it would be something different, I wrote that post and folks jumped on me.

Bye, bye.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Apple never gives in to him and Epic's demand for an even bigger cut from them, He just sees the world through his eyes and doesn't care about anything else except himself, money, money, money.

He's awful, what a joke

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
#badbillionairetakes

Someone should make a collection of these. I bet Sweeney, Trump and Musk alone could fill 2 or 3 books with dumb shit.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
America, so exceptional, we let our citizens die because they can't afford their medical bills.

If you actually think this country is great in 2020, you're either rich or delusional.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Lol he can go fuck himself. True opinions of the privileged rich. Maybe if he stepped outside of his bubble and removed his head from his ass he would see what it's like for the poor and minorities. I'm so fucking tired of nationalism from the privileged.