• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
EcG1jS3WoAEteAg.png

After https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...-game-companies-out-of-politics/#20a60e052de7

thanks to my lovely husbando lashman

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What a dork... good lord unironic usage of American Exceptionalism in 2020.... especially in 2020

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What a time to pull out the phrase "American exceptionalism" in a positive context.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes it is the press that sows the division. No one ever wants to indict the American public.

Scubdi

Jan 21, 2020
Strongest checks and balances? Under ol' twitler it has become obvious that there arent any checks and balances. Has this dude been under a rock since 2016?

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh sush america sucks.Also how can you say 'strongest checks and balances' with a straight face?

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
The British use a common law system, not a civil law system based on Rome. Everything else is also bullshit

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming from the guy who lives by himself and bought a gigantic mansion to store his rock collection this isn't surprising.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
User banned (3 days): Thread whining, hostility, derailing over a series of posts
Gaming Era?

I am sick and tired of reading threads that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming in this part of the forum. I know the guy, but he is not promoting any kind of discussion around videogames.

Stop this shit.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays it's more like 60% exceptionalism, 40% Tencent.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This might be the whitest post on Twitter I've ever seen.

In a time where the President ran and got elected on a platform of hatred and prejudices like a cartoon character and has been doing everything in his power to erode checks and balances to protect himself against the crimes he's commited, aided by the people that elected him, I've never been prouder to be an american.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Our system of checks and balances has completely failed over the last 3 years, wtf is he talking about?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
"Checks and balances"? Your country's president and his party constantly tout their disregard for rules and regulations and nothing is done against them. What the actual fuck is he going on about?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Gaming Era?

I am sick and tired of reading threads that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming in this part of the forum. I know the guy, but he is not promoting any kind of discussion around videogames.

Stop this shit.

If you believe a thread violates the thread creation guidelines, then report it and if the mods/admins agree with you then they will take appropriate action.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Tim Sweeney apparently went completely insane at one point. What the hell is wrong with him?

Gaming Era?

Stop this shit.
Uh.. game developer and CEO of game company Epic has nothing to do with video games?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

When 3,000 Americans were killed at Pearl Harbor, US had thousands of people sign up to fight the next day. People went to work at factors to build for the war effort. Within months, the US was already fighting back in the Pacific and deploying in the European front. Over 130,000 people have died from Covid in the span of 4 months and our current government can't even bother to tell people to where masks and close down amusement parks.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
After the shit show that was Trump impeachment I wouldn't brag about America's check and balances.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The British use a common law system, not a civil law system based on Rome. Everything else is also bullshit
Common law is also trash! Napoleonic style law systems are better!

When 3,000 Americans were killed at Pearl Harbor, US had thousands of people sign up to fight the next day. People went to work at factors to build for the war effort. Within months, the US was already fighting back in the Pacific and deploying in the European front. Over 130,000 people have died from Covid in the span of 4 months and our current government can't even bother to tell people to where masks and close down amusement parks.
America was already pretty much involved in the war at that point, with factories having started up waaay before Pearl Harbor as they were pretty big exporters of war material, which was later on made so that it was not exported to countries the president didnt want to (which basically meant an embargo of war material to the Axis countries).