• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
before I listen to this can someone tell me if he liked the game or not I don't feel like listening to someone complain for 3 hours
I'm pretty sure he really likes the game but unless I read what he just said wrong about how he'll be doing reviews on the show, he suggested that the length of the video was an indication that he didn't "definitively" love it.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Haha, "hard skip" because he (possibly!) didn't complain about some textures.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
3 hours? Do they even understand the concept of "review"?

And

Yeah if he has 3 hours of stuff to say but misses the obvious in your face textures everyone is talking about for a reason and "didn't once cry out for a patch" then yeah. Hard skip.

Imagine skipping real, rigorous criticism because it doesn't touch on the gamer controversy of the week.

Anyway I may as well spoil it for you: he gives it an 7.34 out of 20 and says the graphics are, I quote, "like an Atari game" but if you do buy it to please use his referral link in the video description.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty great deep dive into ...Tim Rogersian coverage on FF VII, lol. It's late though, so I'll have to continue watching it tomorrow, especially when the video has fully buffered.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need to beat this fucking game first. Though spoilers about a remake about a game that came out 20 years ago feels like a Tim-ism in itself.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017

And

Yeah if he has 3 hours of stuff to say but misses the obvious in your face textures everyone is talking about for a reason and "didn't once cry out for a patch" then yeah. Hard skip.

lmao. We don't watch Tim Rogers videos for a "review" to "buy" a "game"

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmao. We don't watch Tim Rogers videos for a "review" to "buy" a "game"

Well to be fair he did sell me on DQ11... twice. And DQB2 on switch.

But other than that I really enjoy watching his work more than anything.

OT: Looks really good so far but it's almost 2am here so I'll watch it in full tomorrow while I work. He really went all out on this one

"The Final Fantasy VII Remake is more Final Fantasy VII than Final Fantasy VII"

lol

verycutedog

Jan 21, 2018

And

I don't blame you for not diving in due to the frankly ridiculous length but if the main reason is because he apparently doesn't mention the textures? That's literally the least interesting thing anyone can say about this game.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Yeah. No, thanks. I've watched the Death Stranding one and it was fun as a one time thing. Wouldn't watch another of his giant video reviews again.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once I buy and complete FFVIIR I will gladly watch a three hour video. I love long form reviews and analysis.

OP
OP
Midgarian

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Too tired now just as he started on the Vertical Slice. I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

his story about FFXII's launch is the funniest thing I've heard in months
I vividly remember reading that anecdote in his FFXII or FFXIII review 10 years ago. Reading that anecdote was probably the first time I encountered the concept of an FFVII Remake, around the time I was playing or finished my first playthrough of the original.

10 years on I'm hearing that anecdote again in his review of the FFVII Remake.

It's mind bogglingly beautiful for me to reflect on that.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't digging his gravel persona at first but it makes for great joke delivery. lol

He's pointing out some neat things I hadn't noticed

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Oh good, this will give me a good chunk more background noise to listen to at work this week. Glad I finally beat the game myself two days ago.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia

And

Heaven forbid someone doesn't immediately make the logical leap between seeing the occasional low res textures to thinking "this needs to be patched".

Oct 25, 2017

And

rather read three hours of tim rogers writing then 5 more minutes of texture res whining

Oct 25, 2017

And

I platinumed the game and didn't once think about a patch.

Sometimes people see the occasional low res textures and... move on.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling, antagonizing another user with condescending remarks; prior bans for trolling
I platinumed the game and didn't once think about a patch.

Sometimes people see the occasional low res textures and... move on.
You were so enamored by the game, possibly nostalgic to boot in these troubling times, you did not care about playing a beta. And thats fine.

Other people see the Early PS3 quality enviroments, and overly linear level design and overbloated story and think, damn, I hope the sequel upgrades the engine cause theres something truly special here.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Textures are a flat image usually, not triangles :)
tell that to these pointy ass bottles

unpRv8v.jpg

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Occasional" is willful ignorance.

Let's also just ignore the actual bugs and softlocks that exist, among other things that do need a patch.
But what if he never experienced those? I
Put 35 hours into the game and haven't had a single bug or soft lock, and if I'm reviewing the game, I'm doing it based on my experience with it, not some forum's experience with it.