• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they're not only taking the "it didn't please fans" angle, because that would be missing out the bigger picture of the design being fucking atrocious to look at for any human being with eyes and a remotely decent sense of taste, fan or not. I still can't wrap my head around how that design went through so many layers of approval and got greenlit at every step.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe , the film itself still looked wildly generic and uninteresting. Like ya'll decided to make an actioney alvian and the chipmunks flick, like years after that shit had gone out of style.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they're not only taking the "it didn't please fans" angle, because that would be missing out the bigger picture of the design being fucking atrocious to look at for any human being with eyes and a remotely decent sense of taste, fan or not. I still can't wrap my head around how that design went through so many layers of approval and got greenlit at every step.
Oh I'm convinced 100% that Tim Miller is pissed that his vision for Sonic was ruined by fan backlash. That was the Sonic he wrote off on and the one that he wanted to fit into the movie world he helped make. Now he's just "Alright. Fine. Just for you."

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That shit looks fake, both models look somewhat different from each other and the ears are colored differently.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this was fake after all? Or at least not the final design?
First image seems like it's this poster except unfinished?

EJKlA_RVAAEo91x.jpg