• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif
This gif is making me laugh so hard.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Tim has been the third Robin, but not the last. But he's never evolved passed that name, unlike Dick, Jason, or Stephanie. Even after Damian came into play, Tim had to start going by Red Robin which... that's not much of an evolution. Sure he got a different costume here and there, but he's still saddled with being another Robin, despite no longer being that direct sidekick.

First, he was a Robin... finally with pants!
91fU132FJOL.jpg

Then he's a Robin... minus the green!
55f1dab1590920073f9c999745be8bbf.jpg

Now he's Red Robin, which is like a red Batman! (insert joke about Daredevil here)
1395992-timdrake4.jpg

Now he's a bird guy from the late 90's.
latest

"Eh, just slap another R on him. It's fine."
latest

Finally in Young Justice #8, when facing off against his Earth 3 counterpart, the most obvious solution:
MTU2ODIxMzM3Mg==

New costume going forward too
dc-robin-tim-drake-new-costume-1183477.jpg

So there ya go. Tim finally has an identity of his own... which he had to steal from his evil self from another dimension.

So... superhero comics? He's doing better than what they've done with Dick 'Ric' Grayson lately none of the recent changes work for me at all.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
He should take the duck theme to its logical conclusion and stop wearing pants (just like Donald)

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man DC keeps screwing Tim up, my favorite of the robins and the one who really earned the right to be Bruce's true successor.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I don't like the brown on the new costume. I liked the red and black of his second Robin uniform.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
New costume going forward too
dc-robin-tim-drake-new-costume-1183477.jpg

So there ya go. Tim finally has an identity of his own... which he had to steal from his evil self from another dimension.
He's going to embrace a name based on the duck but not have any green on his head? That's some bullshit.

Edit: Wait, I guess that's just mallards. I'll allow it.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I decided that Robin didn't sound cool enough so I decided to name myself after the most dangerous avion creature - the fucking Duck. That's right bitches. Quack quack.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I'm just struggling to understand why your code name would literally be your last name. Doesn't seem very reasonable for a hero in the Batverse.

Oh, Bendis wrote this. After what he's done to Jon Kent, yeah this makes perfect sense.

Think DC would be much better off if they dropped the guy. Marvel, stay away too. Let him stick to the realm of independent comics which is what he does best.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just struggling to understand why your code name would literally be your last name. Doesn't seem very reasonable for a hero in the Batverse.

Oh, Bendis wrote this. After what he's done to Jon Kent, yeah this makes perfect sense.

Think DC would be much better off if they dropped the guy. Marvel, stay away too. Let him stick to the realm of independent comics which is what he does best.

He's writing like a third of the DC line. He's not going anywhere.