• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Tim Allen appeared on 'The View' this week and discussed a topic that currently serves as a generational divide: PC culture. Many older comedians are disappointed that the comedy climate is changing, some jokes haven't aged with them they and have to adapt their jokes to the current climate.

You can't even go back and talk about the book [Pryor] wrote," Allen said to the ladies.

"And you know, what I got to do sometimes sometimes is explain - which I hate - in big arenas, that this is a thought police thing and I do not like it. But when I use these words, this is my intent behind those words. So as long as you know my intent... I still get people who say, 'Just don't say it.' And I said I'm not going to do that."
Joy Behar added, "If I ever brought that old act back, I'd be driven out of town."
"I'm surprised they haven't because I do use some provocative words, but I tell them, it's words I really got from my parents," Allen said referring to the jokes in his stand up sets and tweets. "They said this stuff. When we talked about it... We can't even say this stuff. Can't even point to it."

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Known racist surprised he can't be more racist.

C'mon Tim. Don't act like you never say it. We know you do. With the hard R and everything.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
If your act suffers because you can't use racial slurs you are a shitty comic.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
tenor.gif

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I mean, we've known he was a piece of shit for ages, right?

*thinks about that thread where people defended him and his show*

Oh, well, maybe this will change things.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's STILL complaining about this!? I did a double take at this topic because I feel like this has come up at least twice before over the last several years.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing I don't get about people like this...

What amazing levels of comedy does tim thinks he could ascend to with access to just one more word in the English language?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
He should star in Clint Eastwood's new film, The Mule

Because he was a drug mule and is a cokehead

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole raging about how PC things have become and how times are changing is the easiest target for a lot of comedians just looking to pander to the vast pit that is conservatives desire for recognition from anyone of note.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Also in 1997, Allen was in an auto accident in Studio City, California, and injured a 72-year-old retired librarian named Henry Armstrong. Armstrong told the National Enquirer that Allen "was bleary-eyed and unsteady on his feet, and he never uttered a word, never mind said sorry." Allen sued the old man for $12 million, complaining that Allen's "business as a well-known and well-respected actor, entertainer, author, commercial spokesperson and product endorser has been damaged." Allen dropped the lawsuit two years later, as a "humanitarian gesture" when he learned that Armstrong was suffering from brain cancer.

Kip Addotta, a friend and comic who mentored Allen through the early years of his career, says Allen "cut all ties with me" as soon as his TV show started.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey its that conservative actor that complains about democrats and safe spaces and offended people on his TV show as his "character", no surprise.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"If I have no intent, if I show no intent, if I clearly am not a racist, then how can 'n—' be bad coming out of my mouth?" Allen asked rhetorically to the outlet. "[The phrase] 'the n-word' is worse to me than n—."

People who use "intent" argument when it comes to racist shit, this what you sound like.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
It's like when people invoke Carlin saying he'd be against something when there are at least half a dozen pieces of media where he explicitly says he's for it.
You'd just think a professional comedian using the words of another professional comedian would care enough about the profession to at least be honest about what their peers actually said.

I hate how blatantly obvious Tim shows that he has no respect for Pryor by doing this shit while using him as a shield prop.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Why do so many white guys declare their ability to freely use the n-word as the hill they want to die on? I mean, in the end isn't it both easier and more moral to just not?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tim Allen is considered a comedian? I thought he was just a comedic actor. He has a standup act? Booking arenas?