• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

I'm obviously super late to know this since I was watching the Gundam Hathaway movie on Netflix and had a bit of nostalgic kick to watch some old Gundam shows today. Wing episode 1 ending got me howling at Heero. I remembered SEED being quite the drama show and it sure is. I still love Destiny Gundam's design though.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow they are even in Japanese and not banned in my country, this is cool

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
is this how they get me to rewatch Wing

this might be how they get me to rewatch wing

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm as someone who haven't watched Gundam, which of these 2 should I start with?

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Hmm as someone who haven't watched Gundam, which of these 2 should I start with?
I'm right there with you. A few friends grew up with Wing, and we're all gonna do a watch party with that, then 00 after. Since both are like alternate universe from the mainline shows it's easy, and doing Wing first since it's older and 00 will spoil us with more modern animation

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I went to GundamInfo yesterday hoping that Zeta would be on there but was disappointed to see that the selection was Wing, Seed, and 00. That's a good selection but it's not like those aren't also available on something like Hulu or wherever else. I wish that it was easier to watch old UC stuff. I've been a Gundam fan for decades and only just watched the OG movie trilogy and CCA for the first time over the last few days. I've actually seen most of Zeta since I own the first four DVDs but the fifth and final DVD was impossible to find when I was buying stuff a number of years ago and went for ludicrous prices.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm right there with you. A few friends grew up with Wing, and we're all gonna do a watch party with that, then 00 after. Since both are like alternate universe from the mainline shows it's easy, and doing Wing first since it's older and 00 will spoil us with more modern animation
00 is the more solid of the two story wise from what I'm told. Didn't mind Wing but I did watch the dub

G Gundam is the best alt universe tho

also donkey

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Yup! It's how I watched Zeta (the GOAT). They put out an announcement video recently and it looks like they'll be releasing a lot more series in the near future.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
G Gundam is the best alt universe tho

also donkey
Happy 4th of July

cameron-nissen-maxteralt.jpg

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the three have their merits. Most people don't really hate SEED, but rather SEED Destiny (it's direct sequel).

00 is the newest so if you watch mecha anime for the cool mech fights, it holds up the best visually. SEED is kind of a Frankenstein's monster... It's kind of early digital hand drawn, but it also got an HD "remaster" where they used a really bad smudgy filter coupled with some new redrawn scenes... So visually it's a bit of a mess

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
The only Gundam I know about is Turn A Gundam, and that's because I read part of it as a Manga and I love the orchestral version of "Moon", a song from that anime. Thinking about watching that, as it is available as a sub too but not from this channel and in SD.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Order of release: Wing > Seed > 00.

Each series was (and still is) popular in Japan when they released. In the US, Wing is the most iconic since it is the 1st Gundam series to release outside Japan. Seed is popular, too. (Seed Destiny is the issue worldwide). Not sure about 00's fanbase outside Japan.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, 00 is back in rotation? I've been wanting to rewatch that.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I watched all of Seed/Seed Destiny growing up but for some reason it's the only Gundam series that I have never re-watched since its debut. Maybe it was Seed Destiny that caused something for me but to this day I can't bring myself to re-watch this series. And I don't really understand why or remember why the series put me off re-watching. Can someone convince me to watch Seed again?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I'll thank this thread to get me to rewatch gundam seed. It's just the right amount of trashy schlock I need in my life at the moment. Debating to just continue with destiny for shits and giggles