• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Tik Tok is shady as shit. It you scrolled down the For You page, you would think 70% of the people under the age of 21 support Trump. The whole platform amplifies Trump, in fact.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Tik Tok is shady as shit. It you scrolled down the For You page, you would think 70% of the people under the age of 21 support Trump. The whole platform amplifies Trump, in fact.

It is dependent on how you have used the app. I have absolutely nothing about Trump whatsoever. Most of mine is photography tips.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Their explanation is not consistent with this though:
Q9LUQtf.jpg

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't use TikTok, what does "pre-upload" mean? Before you upload the video? I.E. while you're searching for hashes to attach to the video?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: doesn't instagram also allow for short form videos? So why has tiktok taken off so much? Always seemed kinda trashy. And what happened to vine?

I don't use any of the aforementioned so I'm out of the loop.

And yeah, if they're attempting to take down anything related to civil rights, civil disobedience, or justice, then fuck 'em. Stop using their platform.

TikTok has a pretty sophisticated creator tools, with an idea honed from Vine but with more money. Because the app took off in China with young people and were doing some really creative stuff with it, by the time it caught on in the US and Europe with young people, they had a lot of good inspiration for creative ideas already. By young I mean teenagers and early 20s.

Instagram has an older audience and the impression of the app from young people is closer to the impression of Facebook. Instagram skews a little older these days, and their creative tools skew that way.

Vine was killed, wasn't making money, cost too much, users declining.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
And this is why I never joined a CCP controlled platform. Everyone seriously needs to get off that shit now. I hope people do because this is just the start.