• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Sigh. At his age and after what he has already come back from, I feel like that's going to be too much to return to golf from
Ya his pro career is over. Hopefully he can recover again to play, but he won't be competitive at his age and this level of injury. I will still consider him the GOAT of Golf because of his achievements and because he achieved his wins in a much more competitive and equitable era.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ya his pro career is over. Hopefully he can recover again to play, but he won't be competitive at his age and this level of injury. I will still consider him the GOAT of Golf because of his achievements and because he achieved his wins in a much more competitive and equitable era.
Same.

Oct 27, 2017
Compound fractures suck, but unless he suffered some nerve damage, he should be fine. It'll be a long recovery but he has access to the best doctors money can buy and rehab. Alex Smith nearly lost his leg and was still able to come back and play solid football.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While I'm glad that it looks like his life is not in imminent danger, I would expect Tiger to retire as a result of all this.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
He also did it in a very short amount of time.

Until he started to slow down he used to win at an absurd rate.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
True but he was always going to burn out once his dad died.

He was pushing too hard. On and off the course. That's not sustainable.
I hope the Golf community can recognize his greatness appropriately, he is literally at MJ and Babe Ruth levels of talent. There were a ton of life course factors that severely hindered his Pro career. All things considered he could have destroyed the records and got 20 or so Majors.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I hope the Golf community can recognize his greatness appropriately, he is literally at MJ and Babe Ruth levels of talent. There were a ton of life course factors that severely hindered his Pro career. All things considered he could have destroyed the records and got 20 or so Majors.
He reminds me of Ayrton Senna with his obsession at pushing to be the best ever, almost to a fault. Those training exercises probably derailed his career more so than even his infidelity.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't he also keep running training exercises with Special Forces that would fuck up his body?

Remember that part from the recent HBO documentary, shit was wild...
Yes, which also included crazy ass running.

Special Force training is beyond stupid. It's made more for building camaraderie and brainwashing than actual scientific backing.

If you want to see science based training--look at pro athletes. Rest, sleep, recovery are prioritized. None of this hell week nonsense.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The pros all recognize it. And most fans do too.

I have some seen some bitter people try to deny it but thats the minority.

Dec 29, 2017
Didn't he also keep running training exercises with Special Forces that would fuck up his body?

Remember that part from the recent HBO documentary, shit was wild...
Yes, which also included crazy ass running.

Special Force training is beyond stupid. It's made more for building camaraderie and brainwashing than actual scientific backing.

If you want to see science based training--look at pro athletes. Rest, sleep, recovery are prioritized. None of this hell week nonsense.

It was Navy SEALS. He has an obsession with them.

Kifimbo

Oct 28, 2017
I hope he can walk normally again, play with his kids, and teach his son to reach greatness.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Compound fractures? Like tib-fib? Because that's what the guy in my avatar suffered, and he's 7 feet tall and over 250 lbs. It was horrible, but made a full return back to basketball (and looked good, at least at the end of last season).

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
He reminds me of Ayrton Senna with his obsession at pushing to be the best ever, almost to a fault. Those training exercises probably derailed his career more so than even his infidelity.
Senna is a great comp. Man would run 15-20km a day in the offseason. Was always focused on the race.

Compound fractures? Like tib-fib? Because that's what the guy in my avatar suffered, and he's 7 feet tall and over 250 lbs. It was horrible, but made a full return back to basketball (and looked good, at least at the end of last season).

Yeah but Tiger is 45 and just coming off of his 5th back surgery.

Of course I hope he beats the odds, but the rehab is going to be grueling, especially if it's both legs.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
No fog. Conditions were good.

Speed, distracted driving sounds very likely here especially if reporting is accurate that he was rushing and late for the shoot he's filming.

More likely he was drugged out of his mind, if we're being honest. Claiming he was "running late" sounds like his publicist doing his thing to make the situation more understandable.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Conspiratorial Rhetoric
He crashed spectacularly on a road that is almost straight and he has a history of incidents involving drug abuse. Yes, I have been paying attention. This accident doesn't seems like a case of "just rushing to meet his obligations!" at all.

We both don't know what happened, but don't try to gaslight me into thinking drug abuse is completely unlikely to be the culprit in this case.

Oct 27, 2017
He crashed spectacularly on a road that is almost straight and he has a history of incidents involving drug abuse. Yes, I have been paying attention. This accident doesn't seems like a case of "rushing to meet his obligations!" at all.

We both don't know what happened, but don't try to gaslight me into thinking drug abuse is completely unlikely to be the culprit in this case.
Wtf

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not really worth engaging with, so many instances where the Type of post you're engaging with would get someone banned if they were talking about different public figures. You're either a saint or a devil in this place if you're famous, must comment on their behavior in absolutes

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He crashed spectacularly on a road that is almost straight and he has a history of incidents involving drug abuse. Yes, I have been paying attention. This accident doesn't seems like a case of "just rushing to meet his obligations!" at all.

The sheriff said that Tiger had no signs of impairment when authorities arrived, but Taffy Lewis is on the case and knows that it was because of drugs. "Drugged out of his mind" they say.

Some people always have to be pushing some kind of agenda.

Last edited:

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

Your speculation is making shit up. It may come out that drugs were a factor but at the moment it hasn't been mentioned.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Oct 27, 2017

The only one gaslighting here is you. Your wild speculation flies in the face of what the first responders have said.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Have you even been paying attention?

Combined with a stretch of road where being distracted is a recipe for disaster. Just a combination of factors that led to a predictable outcome. Thankfully Tiger didn't lose his life.
Uh I wouldn't call it predictable, the road is steep at parts yes but it's a big wide multilane road and one of the main ways to get in and out of the area, tons of people drive on it every day even while distracted and even while probably going too fast and they manage to get down the hill without putting themselves in the hospital and ending their careers. That doesn't mean he was under any kind of influence, but it does mean he wasn't driving anywhere close to safely.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh I wouldn't call it predictable, the road is steep at parts yes but it's a big wide multilane road and one of the main ways to get in and out of the area, tons of people drive on it every day even while distracted and even while probably going too fast and they manage to get down the hill without putting themselves in the hospital and ending their careers. That doesn't mean he was under any kind of influence, but it does mean he wasn't driving anywhere close to safely.
I meant the outcome was predictable. High rate of speed and distracted driving lead to accidents all the time. I don't think that anybody has put forth the notion that Tiger was driving responsibly.

Mar 10, 2018

Always one clown

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
This is his third vehicle incident, at least he hasn't hit anyone with his reckless driving.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I hope he can walk normally again, play with his kids, and teach his son to reach greatness.
I think that being great has come at immense personal price to Tiger Woods. The influence of Tiger's father helped him become the greatest golfer of all time but also left him with a personal void that he has attempted to fill with vices of varying harmfulness. I hope that Tiger woods recovers and can continue to be a father to his kids, and that he is able to use lessons from his own life to guide those kids in a way that helps them find a contentment that seems to elude Tiger himself.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
I think that being great has come at immense personal price to Tiger Woods. The influence of Tiger's father helped him become the greatest golfer of all time but also left him with a personal void that he has attempted to fill with vices of varying harmfulness. I hope that Tiger woods recovers and can continue to be a father to his kids, and that he is able to use lessons from his own life to guide those kids in a way that helps them find a contentment that seems to elude Tiger himself.

Agreed 100%. I think his whole backstory has some elements that are "problematic" at best. Reminds me of like Agassi in a different way, or hell even MJ himself.

Being pushed to achieve these things can be successful in that goal, but it seems like there's always some kind of tragic cost for that greatness.

Just sad. I hope he's okay and I really hope it wasn't drugs.

I do love Tiger the golfer and think he's the best to ever play the game.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
Such a sad situation and I hope the surgery goes well. One of the greatest athletes ever and would hate to see his career end this way too.

It doesn't matter right now how it happened.

I watch golf every weekend and I actually noticed he did not look himself Sunday which some people have pointed out already. But until we get the facts it is not fair to speculate.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the best for my favorite current athlete. Dude is a legend.

Dude, this is 2021 not the 1960's. There is no way of hiding the reporting of alcohol or drug use. That stuff would have been reported on immediately. Every press conference from the authorities has said there is no sign of either in play. Tiger's PR team has no control over what the LA Sheriff or any similar group can say.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Have you even been paying attention?

Combined with a stretch of road where being distracted is a recipe for disaster. Just a combination of factors that led to a predictable outcome. Thankfully Tiger didn't lose his life.

Golf being a big part of my life growing up, I'll say everyone I've spoken to today about this incident have all brought up that were hoping drugs were not involved. He has a known, at the very least, "flirtation" with prescription painkillers and I don't think its absurd people are bringing it up here w/ evidence provided

Hoping, with you as well, that this is not the case and that Tiger recovers quickly.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I had a similar injury in 2011 after a head on collision driving. Almost lost my leg. I got a rod put in, pins in my ankle, a muscle flap... where they cut part of my calf and folded it around to the front of my shin, then a skin graph.

Full recovery took about a year.

Sounds like he might of also injured his foot really bad.