• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is that an oncoming lane he crossed or an exit?

Oncoming.

Hawthorne is a major, major thruway. Where he is driving is an exceptionally nice area with a lot of money in the infrastructure. You do regularly see people hit 50-60 around there, but even then, it's not particularly dangerous is you're attentive. AFAIK, it wasn't foggy today. Also, it's one of the few Trumper-heavy parts of the Los Angeles area. I worked the election in PV and got to experience it first-hand.

Anyway, it sounds like serious reckless driving if reports are to be believed.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly even if this ends his career, it's a miracle if he pulls through.

That path... wtf. Going to watch what I say as we don't have all the facts, but at the very least he had to be driving way too fast and that was just stupid. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, hope he recovers okay.

On another note is there a good Woods documentary. I heard Tiger is pretty good but focuses more on his infidelity than his accomplishments

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
looks like he was speeding, mounted that median, probably tried to overcompensate and flipped. jeez, hope he's all right. that shit looks gnarly.

Yeah, definitely. Going fast, I'm guessing the split just snuck up on him and he made the skier's mistake ("when you come up on a tree, go left, go right, or think about it and crash"). Hit that median at high speed and control is over

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He probably fell asleep being on drugs for his recent back surgery
This happened in 2017.
www.theguardian.com

Two of five drugs in Tiger Woods's system on his arrest banned by PGA Tour

Former world No1 golfer Tiger Woods had five different drugs in his system when he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in May
The toxicology report, issued from the Palm Beach County sheriff's office, said Woods had hydrocodone, the generic form of a painkiller branded as Vicodin; hydromorphone, a painkiller known as Dilaudid; alprazolam, a mood and sleep drug known as Xanax; zolpidem, a sleep drug known as Ambien; and delta-9 carboxy THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in his system.
You definitely cannot mix painkillers and drive.

Apr 21, 2018
Sounds like he'll recover, but with serious leg injuries, I doubt his golf game will ever be the same (but what I do know, I suck at mini-put)

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
My cousin got in a bad car accident. He had bad, numerous fractures in his legs and it completely destroyed his life. The guy is on heavy pain meds constantly and he can hardly work and the medication has taken a toll on him. He used to love snowboarding and other techniques and can never do so again. This stuff is no joke and I hope he fairs ok.

Dec 12, 2017
I'm too afraid to google, but what exactly is a compound fracture and how bad is it in the legs?
A complete break that often results in bone protruding the skin. It happens in basketball and players usually return within a year or two with little complication. So hopefully Tiger can mostly recover, but a car crash is a lot different than a basketball injury. Fingers crossed. It's also worth noting that he recently had back surgery so his body was likely susceptible to more injury.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm too afraid to google, but what exactly is a compound fracture and how bad is it in the legs?
That means his bones went through his skin and were sticking out of his leg. Brutal but you asked. It's not good for the legs at all. We're talking months to recover and even then he'll probably have a limp for the rest of his life.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC that part of Hawthorne Blvd. going east is a fairly steep downhill before it intersects Palos Verdes Dr. at the next stop light.
Yup. It's downhill and easy to hit top speeds thinking your in control. It's not like palos verdes rd. right befor trump national (heading east) where people drive a lot more carefully due to steep elevation changes and windy roads

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Frankly even if this ends his career, it's a miracle if he pulls through.

That path... wtf. Going to watch what I say as we don't have all the facts, but at the very least he had to be driving way too fast and that was just stupid. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone.

My thoughts exactly. Speeding is stupid specially because you put other people's life's in danger. Don't speed and don't text ffs. And don't drive under the influence of anything.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know he talked about the possibility of playing in The Masters during the weekend, given his most recent back surgery and all. That possibility sure as hell isn't happening now.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the same guy from the Kobe press conference? His face is familiar.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
live super close and ya going down that part on hawthorne is particularly terrifying at nighttime even brakin down

cant imagine speedin even w visibility

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Compound fractures are not good. Have to manage the chance of infection that much more, if I recall correctly. Also, bones in the legs are some of thy largest, and more traumatic.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
These are some crazy ass question. Damn. Reporters, show some restraint.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
live super close and ya going down that part on hawthorne is particularly terrifying at nighttime even brakin down

cant imagine speedin even w visibility
Ya it's no joke, steep and long for a while, it has a runaway truck ramp due to it.

It's really frustrating that people speed and drive recklessly, shit is too dangerous. There are also a lot of cyclists that go to the Palos Verdes area, so driving like that is especially dangerous.

I almost died on Hawthorne because some asshole was speeding and driving recklessly and ran right into the back of me while I was riding home from work. Different part of Hawthorne, but still.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Ya it's no joke, steep and long for a while, it has a runaway truck ramp due to it.

It's really frustrating that people speed and drive recklessly, shit is too dangerous. There are also a lot of cyclists that go to the Palos Verdes area, so driving like that is especially dangerous.

I almost died on Hawthorne because some asshole was speeding and driving recklessly and ran right into the back of me while I was riding home from work. Different part of Hawthorne, but still.
The deputy who works that stretch of road said he's seen people going 80 down that road, even though it's a 45 zone.

Yeesh.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, with those injuries, that could be the end of his career. I guess he could still play on the seniors tour or something.