• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Tiger is in a predominantly white sport with nothing but Trump supporters. He's always been reticent to upset the applecart and use his platform to change that. There's plenty of reason to be upset at him about this and hate the fact he accepted the Medal of Freedom especially when Earl taught him better than that and was hopeful he could tear down the racism in golf but saying he's a Trumper or no different than Rush Limbaugh has no basis in fact.

Feel free to prevent the evidence if you have it though.
I mean I never said that, just that he's a trump supporter. Which he is. They hang out and play golf together all the time. thats his boy. Sucks but truth hurts, doesn't mean I want him to suffer because of it. He's not a vocal republican, but he is in those circles.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Hoping for the best for the sake of Charlie and Sam.

When I saw Tiger and Charlie playing golf together recently I thought he might be well into his redemption arc. Refraining from any judgement at this time but it doesn't look good...

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
They both accepted the exact same medal from the exact same man
HhUkDc8.jpg

This is his defining image that he will deservedly take to his grave, not him winning the PGA Championship

What? There's hundreds of photographs of him winning major championships and golf tournaments. A photo of him accepting a medal from trump is not a "defining image" of him.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Hoping for the best for the sake of Charlie and Sam.

When I saw Tiger and Charlie playing golf together recently I thought he might be well into his redemption arc. Refraining from any judgement at this time but it doesn't look good...
Sadly that arc keeps getting interrupted by injuries he sustained years ago when for whatever reason he trained like someone who was an elite military member.

Metal Gear?!

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Tiger is in a predominantly white sport with nothing but Trump supporters. He's always been reticent to upset the applecart and use his platform to change that. There's plenty of reason to be upset at him about this and hate the fact he accepted the Medal of Freedom especially when Earl taught him better than that and was hopeful he could tear down the barriers the sport presents to POC and the insidious racism in the sport but saying he's a Trumper or no different than Rush Limbaugh has no basis in fact.

Feel free to prevent the evidence if you have it though. And no, him playing golf with that white supremacist or saying nice things about him ain't it. That's Tiger, he's both sided this shit in order to stay in everybody's good graces in the golf world forever.
Are we going to sit here and pretend that Tiger Woods merely fell in with a bad crowd of trumper golfers and that's why he's such great pals with a terrorist like Trump and forget that they both enjoy cheating on their supermodel wives and that the text messages Woods sent to the women he cheated on his wife with did not reveal a deeply and profoundly misogynistic streak? Birds of a feather.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I never said that, just that he's a trump supporter. Which he is. They hang out and play golf together all the time. thats his boy. Sucks but truth hurts, doesn't mean I want him to suffer because of it. He's not a vocal republican, but he is in those circles.
Being friendly with him does not mean he supports him. He hides behind the "respecting the office of the President" argument to avoid taking a stand on his relationship with him. It's cowardly and pathetic but it is what it is with Tiger.

I've followed the guy his entire career, sadly I wasn't surprised he never denounced Trump and refused to speak out forcefully in support of the BLM protests this summer. It's just who he is and I mean he's in those circles because of the white country club sport he plays. Earl Woods taught him better and he could easily speak out on this shit but I don't expect that until after he's done playing.

Goldbob

Sep 21, 2020
He was already pretty messed up before this crash, hopefully he didn't get anymore serious injuries.

Oct 27, 2017
Are we going to sit here and pretend that Tiger Woods merely fell in with a bad crowd of trumper golfers and that's why he's such great pals with a terrorist like Trump and forget that they both enjoy cheating on their supermodel wives and that the text messages Woods sent to the women he cheated on his wife with did not reveal a deeply and profoundly misogynistic streak? Birds of a feather.
Nobody has ever argued that Tiger is perfect or there aren't problematic aspects to him. Trying to argue that him and Limbaugh have no degrees of separation between them is a shit take though, it's that simple. Sorry.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Well, this thread sure turned to shit quickly

Metal Gear?!

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
why is this stuff allowed on here? Y'all take this woke shit way too far
This has nothing to do with being "woke" to the legacy of white supremacy in America, something Tiger I'm sure no doubt is well aware of himself, but that doesn't stop him from hating women and befriending terrorists who murder Americans.

Being friendly with him does not mean he supports him. He hides behind the "respecting the office of the President" argument to avoid taking a stand on his relationship with him. It's cowardly and pathetic but it is what it is with Tiger.

I've followed the guy his entire career, sadly I wasn't surprised he never denounced Trump and refused to speak out forcefully in support of the BLM protests this summer. It's just who he is and I mean he's in those circles because of the white country club sport he plays. Earl Woods taught him better and he could easily speak out on this shit but I don't expect that until after he's done playing.
Well he's done playing now. He still won't speak out.

Nobody has ever argued that Tiger is perfect or there aren't problematic aspects to him. Trying to argue that him and Limbaugh have no degrees of separation between them is a shit take though, it's that simple. Sorry.
He's the same as Rush Limbaugh when it comes to Trump. It may be painful but it's true.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
This has nothing to do with being "woke" to the legacy of white supremacy in America, something Tiger I'm sure no doubt is well aware of himself, but that doesn't stop him from hating women and befriending terrorists who murder Americans.

Tiger hates women? What are the receipts for that claim?

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Can we stick to the accident and take the 'I find Tiger Woods problematic because..." stuff to another thread? I don't see how his 'relationship' with Trump, as tenuous as it is - or speculation related to any of his past substance abuse stuff, for that matter - is relevant to his injuries right now.

Hopefully he gets better soon. Jaws of Life on your car doesn't necessarily say much other than the car door couldn't be opened, and it looks like the airbags may have done a lot to cushion the blow, at least.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he's alive. Losing Kobe last year and Tiger this year would be too much.

His playing days are pretty much over now though. With his age and injury like this, he's never coming back.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
My god. The guy is in medium to critical condition and currently in surgery for multiple issues. Can we chill with Trump talk for 5 seconds in off-topic?

Oct 27, 2017

Metal Gear?!

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Tiger hates women? What are the receipts for that claim?
He's great pals with Trump, they both enjoy cheating on their supermodel wives, and that the text messages Woods sent to the women he cheated on his wife revealed a deeply and profoundly misogynistic streak.

Can we stick to the accident and take the 'I find Tiger Woods problematic because..." stuff to another thread? I don't see how his 'relationship' with Trump, as tenuous as it is - or any of his past substance abuse stuff, for that matter - is relevant to his injuries right now.
His substance abuse is his own problem. His support of a murderous terrorist America's problem.

Nov 9, 2017

He's the same as Rush Limbaugh when it comes to Trump. It may be painful but it's true.

You may need to take a break from the internet.

Hope Tiger makes a full recovery. Just been a few days since Nantz was hounding him whether or not he will play in the Masters.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Hopefully nothing that involves amputation, the man has overcome a lot of self inflicted demons in his career, would be great to see him overcome yet another mountain.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Man gets into a horrible car accident sustaining critical injuries, and people have to flood in here like "well did you know he's a Trumper?! He's basically black Rush Limbaugh!" It honestly must be exhausting and emotionally draining living some of y'all's lives.

I hope he's able to pull through and make a full recovery.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Tiger's political views are sus as fuck but what the actual shit does that have to do with this topic at all?

Some of you need to step away from your computer and learn how to compartamentalize shit a little.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
The vehicle came crazy close to being wrapped around that big white tree. Seen a rollover of a vehicle doing about 80 km/h which covered about the same amount of clear ground. Doesn't take excessive. Investigation will say.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
dude is banned quit bringing him back up or that's all the topic will be about.

If anyone below me mentions Metal Gear's comments I'm going to grimace in your direction.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man I'm really pulling for him after I heard he had that back surgery as he has been plagued with many issues over his career. The guy has children and seems to be a great father so even to witness a great comeback story.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the apparent high rate of speed and the distance the vehicle travelled, I'm glad that Tiger avoided trees or other obstructions. Would've made an already horrific crash even worse.

Oct 27, 2017
Golf commentators were already juxtaposing Ben Hogan returning from the Greyhound bus crash and Tiger returning from all his back surgeries to win the Masters in 2019... can't really escape the irony of that one if Tiger, God willing, recovers from his injuries and is able to attempt yet another comeback.

At this point I just hope the guy can live a healthy normal life. Fate feels like it's being tempted.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017

According to a Lt. Michael White from L.A. County Sheriff's Office, Tiger Woods' injuries are non-life-threatening

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely not his best drive.

I'm sorry, I had to say something to lighten the mood. Hoping he's pulls through. Mans body has been through the wringer the last 5 years.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If it's true that the car careened off the road without braking (no skid marks), how did his neck and back not get fucked up?