• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest things about this historic victory, the racist scum has to be beside themselves.

My racist, right-wing brother texted me:

"Tiger Woods golfed with Trump weeks ago. now he wins the Masters. no coincidence."

"just like America as a whole Tiger never won under Obama. but hes back now and America is great again!"

So maybe not all of them are as besides themselves as you think? I don't know. As we see in this thread, people are willing to overlook certain things to fit whatever narrative they want.

This is the same brother that was laughing that a rapper with the name "Nipsey Hussle" was murdered a couple weeks ago.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Never thought I'd see him win again, his body was too beat up and the competition was too strong. Won' t be surprised if my dad starts getting back into golf again after this, lol

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"Tiger Woods golfed with Trump weeks ago. now he wins the Masters. no coincidence."

"just like America as a whole Tiger never won under Obama. but hes back now and America is great again!"

So maybe not all of them are as besides themselves as you think? I don't know. As we see in this thread, people are willing to overlook certain things to fit whatever narrative they want.

This is the same brother that was laughing that a rapper with the name "Nipsey Hussle" was murdered a couple weeks ago.
Who.Gives. A. Shit.

Your asshole brother has nothing to do with this.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Contragulations to Tiger for making an amazing comeback. He's the sole reason I gave any shits about Golf. Good to see him reach the peak again.

OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
Tiger supports Trump, so I'm sure most of them are willing to tolerate it.
Calling Tiger a "Trump supporter" is idiotic. I don't agree with his golfing outings w/ him and his "respect for the office" cliche but you people need to stop cluttering this thread up with your bullshit.

Nice anecdote. Your brother sounds stupid beyond belief.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
No sleep for the overwoke in this thread.
I just wish everyone could just respect that some people dislike the guy for good reason, and that when they are saying stuff about Tiger it isn't like they are attacking you personally, you know? It's a totally understandable opinion to dislike the guy. It doesn't have anything to do with being "overwoke" or "salty", it's like why does someone's opinion get to you that much to where you gotta try to downplay and dismiss it like that

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I don't think your brother and the people in this thread have much in common. Not sure the point you're trying to make there.

Good for Tiger. Hell of a story. I was one of the ones saying he'd probably never be on top again, and I'm happy to be wrong.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
This thread reminds me very much of the "Yeah okay, Christino Ronaldo admitted he raped a woman BUT did you see the amazing goal he scored yesterday" thread

Infidelity is rape now ? Man these bad takes are real bad. I do not care what he thinks of Trump. As a golfer he a legend and possibly the greatest golfer of all time. The only man to bring minorities into the sport through his inspiration and bringing younger people into the sport which was slowly fading

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd bet money that "text" never happened

Just another attention seeker trying to make this thread about themselves
Yeah I feel like most of the anecdotes that people say their "insert right wing family member" say/text/post on FB, are just made up. I have plenty of right wing family members and none of them have posted shit like that.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish everyone could just respect that some people dislike the guy for good reason, and that when they are saying stuff about Tiger it isn't like they are attacking you personally, you know? It's a totally understandable opinion to dislike the guy. It doesn't have anything to do with being "overwoke" or "salty", it's like why does someone's opinion get to you that much to where you gotta try to downplay and dismiss it like that
Tiger Woods cheating on his wife was a national tragedy we all had to endure.

It was a squabble we were all personally impacted by.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Calling Tiger a "Trump supporter" is idiotic. I don't agree with his golfing outings w/ him and his "respect for the office" cliche but you people need to stop cluttering this thread up with your bullshit.
That's not fair dude, nobody is stopping you from giving him props so why stop people who have something critical to say as long as they are being civil about it?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Did he also say "this is MAGA country!"?

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You're the one talking about racists being upset and all I'm saying is that him being seen as a Trump supporter is enough for them to tolerate it.

Turns out that racists are willing to let a black person get a win if they think they can use them as a prop.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Tiger Woods cheating on his wife was a national tragedy we all had to endure.

It was a squabble we were all personally inflicted with.
Wait, who said it was a national tragedy? Can you point to that, or are you building a strawman? Do things have to rise to that level for people to have an opinion on them?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, who said it was a national tragedy? Can you point to that, or are you building a strawman? Do things have to rise to that level for people to have an opinion on them?
People are talking about Tiger Woods as if he personally hurt them or broke a law.

He didn't even cheat at golf. He just slept with women who weren't his wife and was ruined by it.