• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ops friends finally found a way to get rid of him.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
That is such a weird complaint to have!

Also, can anyone help me with the below as I don't know any words that end in '3'?!

Apex don't think you're getting out of this post unscathed, there's a reason why Fortnite is more popular and it's a five letter word that starts and ends with 3.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Ops friends finally found a way to get rid of him.

Ha! I can just picture them like:

"Aw shit, sorry Surface. Me, Sunglasses Ron & Paddy the Greek have already partied up"

"But you're playing Gears 4?!"

".......................hello, hello? You're breaking up, can't hear you properly.....k, bye!"

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
My family is basically all I have for friends, my wife and daughter, and that's three, so three player co-op works just fine for me.
Same. I love that we are getting some (some!) games balanced around being three players and not four. Me, my SO and my brother play games together and we rarely play with anyone else.

Why is three a worse number than four? Let's have five and six and seven too! Games for different groups, yay!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good stealth brag thread.... /s

4 was always the coop number because of split screen. 3 always felt super weird. Also, many games had 4 classes, so it made sense to mix up squads/teams of 4.

I do kinda agree with OP, since I love coop games. More the merrier for me!

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yeah I kind of agree but me and my friends have to rotate people out to play on the team in a 6 person team game so I cant really say anything. I do feel bad for people with no one to play with though when we're struggling to find ways to get all of us together :/

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I know the entire thread is just a joke now, but honestly, i kinda get what op means, even if its not in the way they said it.

My gaming friend group has been 5 people for as long as i can remember.
That meant that for the vast majority of time, there was one person taking a break at all times.
But then i convinced the group to get switches, and its been such a great time playing MK and Smash all together.
Only thing that is missing now is 5 player New Super Mario, so all our regular games fit us all.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This doesn't make sense to me, co-op games have historically been 2 player just as often as 4.

3 is not a downgrade, it's just not the ideal amount for your specific personal friendship group, but is for other people.

It depends on the game how many players would be right surely? As well as technical limitations.

Plus winner stays on is still a thing. I've played 4 player Mario Kart with 12+ people and had a blast.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I wonder if Naughty Dog will increase the player count for factions in TLOU2. I have a full team for the first game but we have another friend who will be joining us for the sequel's MP. 5v5 doesn't sound too crazy.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I guess OP has exactly 3 friends since 4 player co-op has been a thing for a long time and no complaints about that.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I've pretty much designed my entire life around having 3 other people in my life to play co-op videogames with. 4 players seemed like the standard. So much wasted effort...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
You think you're entitled to more players? You know it's not as simple as plopping down more players? They would have to redesign the entire experience to account for an increase in players.

This is ridiculous.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
2 player coop is the ideal for me. It is hard enough to get one friend to play the same game I'm also playing.

Actually, I know very few people IRL that play games.

But independently of the number, the most important thing is adjusting the difficulty. I like when there are AI companions than can heal you and distract enemy AI. It helps a lot for solo players.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Where's the representation for people like me who have 50 friends, IRL?
cool-guy-X3Y0G0.jpg

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
  • No reaction threads – To prevent clutter we will lock all reaction threads during E3. A reaction thread is a topic about a hot take or some other personal reaction to anything that did or did not happen during E3. Examples include "Why wasn't the Switch 2 announced?", "Did Ubisoft just win E3?" and "I can't believe the leaks were real". These sort of topics can be discussed in news threads and conference threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.