• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
It's been more than three months actually.

The current gen version of Observer System Redux still does not feature any ray tracing on Series X, a feature that was advertised before the launch of the game.

Yet, Bloober Team continue to sell the game advertising ray tracing as one of the features.

20210228_102038zkjqi.png

20210228_1018562mkg5.png

There hasn't been any info about a patch since December.

Now, people asking about the patch are being ignored on Twitter.

I preordered the game and I'm losing patience.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring; Trolling; Drive-By
It's "the most powerful console of all time". Power takes time.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Crazy! I was just thinking about downloading this on steam a hour ago to check out the new raytracing updated version.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Does the medium feature ray tracing on Xbox series? How is Ray tracing on ps5?

I know they're a smaller team and probably pretty busy with the medium as well but yeah this should be addressed at the very least especially if it is still advertised.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Game still looks and plays great if it's what you're looking for (excellent sound too). However, their silence on this issue is deafening and I hope something is done.

Cosmic

Jan 7, 2018
The game is actually quite disappointing on Series X. The frame rate is not even close to 60fps most of the time where it's pretty close to being locked on PS5. I have both versions and tested them side by side. The PS5 version also has ray tracing. If you play both versions it's actually quite shocking how badly the Series X version runs compared to PS5. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all and was hoping they would be improving it in the January patch that never came.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Like the original 80% upgrade discount that they snubbed PlayStation players with, you're unlikely to get what you want from this media account. Seems like a lot of stuff ignored or on the backburner.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Does the medium feature ray tracing on Xbox series? How is Ray tracing on ps5?

I know they're a smaller team and probably pretty busy with the medium as well but yeah this should be addressed at the very least especially if it is still advertised.

Yes, the Medium has Ray Tracing on Series X.

I don't doubt that they were all hands on deck for the Medium, and this probably got pushed aside. Hopefully the fix for this launches soon. They should have removed it as a listed feature on the Xbox Store, and just announced the launch of tye feature when it was ready.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I'd say they moved on from that game. It probably didn't do the numbers for continued support anyway.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, the Medium has RT on Xbox and PC. Didn't release on PS.

Yes, the Medium has Ray Tracing on Series X.

I don't doubt that they were all hands on deck for the Medium, and this probably got pushed aside. Hopefully the fix for this launches soon. They should have removed it as a listed feature on the Xbox Store, and just announced the launch of tye feature when it was ready.
Ah, then it will probably get cleared up as they clearly are capable with with hardware.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
tbh ray tracing on ps5 version didn't ever felt something worthwhile to sacrifice 60fps for, either.
it plays much better at 60.
their trigger implementation was rad though, it behaves like door handle lol

Oct 27, 2017
I called to ask about an exception for a refund, the agent tried to get help but couldn't and then started crying. I'm so confused right now.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
This game was running pretty bad on pro when i played it, i guess they never bothered to fix that version, why should i be bothered with the next gen versions then.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Bloober could stand to get some new faces added to the team to help with stuff like this, especially for their optimization in general. I get The Medium had to render two scenes at once but its performance is still baffling considering the relatively sparse, confined environments with not much going on in terms of physics, combat, etc.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Shit like this always sucks, i haven't reinstalled Warframe because they still havent done a series x patch when Ps5 has had it for awhile now.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know how to respond other than to just cry

I felt awful about it that day and now I'm just feeling it all over again

If you wanted to make me feel bad you succeeded

Thanks
So Sorry, I totally misunderstood : you said the support agent tried to help , then started crying .

(I was joking that half a story was told and you had shouted at them to make them cry)