• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Nothing against any of you personally. But collectively, damn, we're a bunch of negative-ass people. Does the gaming community every get tired of just constantly crapping on stuff? I'm not sure, but I know I sure do hate it. This forum just kept tearing down the May Xbox event, the Sony show, the EA show, the Ubi show, the Nintendo direct, the other Nintendo direct. Remember when gaming was fun? Damn. Ok. Sorry. Now please ignore all of that and banish from your memory that I've started the thread of positivity by ranting at all of you and cursing your entire (console) family for a generation (10th). Will this end up being a bad thread idea? Don't know. Just all the negativity on the internet has made finding safe refuge from the crap of the real world really really difficult.

The idea of this thread is to share your positive gaming opinions. Simple!

You don't have to lie (hopefully). Even in the midst of valid serious reservations or straight distaste, you can still find the positivity and share that with the rest of us. It can be as big as you want or as small. 10,000 ft view or super tiny detail. Controversial or super common. Just be positive! Also, this is very important: you may vehemently disagree with someone else in this thread. That's ok, none of us even have to agree in this thread. Ignore it and share something else. Do not respond to someone else to tell them how wrong they are. Don't do it. (Gray area for correcting factual errors.. but like.. still don't do it.)

So sure, you may think a Pokemon MOBA is a terrible idea and blah blah blah, but you know what? I think it's really awesome that Nintendo is supporting crossplay between Switch and mobile. I think Horizon: Forbidden West looks amazing. I can't wait to play Halo: Infinite and I like the art style. I think it's really cool that publishers are starting to explore different perspectives, including in Tell Me Why and TLOU2. I strongly believe that Sora's stuff-hanging-off-your-clothes aesthetic in Kingdom Hearts is very good and I wish I could pull off that look. Banko Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is my favorite Banjo game because I like the idea of finding creative ways to build solutions to weird problems.

Again, you don't have to agree with me :p. Hope this won't be too hard. I. Believe. In. Us.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Infinite's gameplay looks super fun, and I'm thrilled we're finally getting an open world Halo, or something close to it. And it's set on a Halo ring, no less!

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for the first time this year and loved it, hope the team get to complete the Jensen trilogy one day.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Adventure is one of the most joyous gaming experiences I've ever had, and no matter how much time passes, the Sega trademark green hills/blue sky palette, vibrant varied catchy music, and earnest scope and story of the game always puts a smile on my face. The game is a rough-around-the-edges masterpiece in my eyes, always will be.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU part 2 is amazing and no game has ever affected me in any way like it before and there likely won't be one that does for awhile. It's by far the best story ever for any aaa game.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
We're negative because we love it so much and want to see it improve. It comes from a good place, I'd say... mostly :-)

The fox in Ghost of Tsushima is a stroke of genius and makes me happy.
fox.jpg

I played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for the first time this year and loved it, hope the team get to complete the Jensen trilogy one day.

Hope so too... one day. If nothing else, maybe Cyberpunk 2077 leads to a resurgence (and SE to give Deus Ex another chance)?

Jan 2, 2018
I'm looking forward to Pokémon Unite.
Pokémon is the perfect IP for a MOBA and I trust the developers to create a good game, besed of their trackrecord. I'm also glad that I'll be able to play it on my Switch with traditional button imputs.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I think gaming community is always focused on negatives, yes, that's a fact. Has been for a while... So why today? Because of yesterday's event?

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I'm just really happy a sequel to Streets of Rage, one of my favourite video game series, was released this year. It was worth the wait!

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Civilization 5 is the greatest game of all time that requires one to summon evil incarnate to play

So it makes the game just better the devs had to suffer through that to create something so good

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Elite Dangerous in VR with a HOTAS setup is a religious experience.

Smoke a bowl beforehand and it becomes something utterly transcendent.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Paper Mario: The Origami King is Color Splash 2 and not worth your time!

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Trick is the perfect game. Literally everything about it is perfect; the story, the characters, the music, the length, the art style and animation. There are no negatives.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
Both the Xbox Series X and the PS5 look like incredible kits that will undoubtedly pack the same one-two punch as the XBox One X (for multiplats) and the PS4 Pro (for exclusives), even if it doesn't happen in the same year as the coronavirus. Today's presentation changes none of that. Day 1 for both.

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I dare, because I care.

Paper Mario: The Origami King is Color Splash 2 and not worth your time!
HOW DARE YOU

I think gaming community is always focused on negatives, yes, that's a fact. Has been for a while... So why today? Because of yesterday's event?
Cuz it's been a shit mental health day, and these responses are making me smile.

LewLew

Jul 21, 2020
It looks like infinite has managed to blend classic gameplay with modern changes in the best possible way and the artstyle is the most haloey thing since halo

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV is letting everyone play up to Heavensward for FREE.

Every FF and JRPG fan owns it to themselves to experience HW and FFXIV as a whole.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I dare, because I care.

Cuz it's been a shit mental health day, and these responses are making me smile.
Fair enough. I wish threads like this one happened more often, though, so when negativity appears, we can focus on positiveness. But i usually see a lot of threads complaining about whatever being the popular ones, we will never learn. Me included ofc

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I played Ys I and Ys II recently (the PSP remakes on PC), and I was taken aback by how wonderful these games are. Even though they are based on games released in 1987 and 1988, and this is pretty apparent in many aspects of game design, what I discovered is that these games were so far ahead of their time, and with the presentational improvements made in the remakes, the games really stand the test of time. I will go as far as saying they are the finest games originally made in the '80s that I have ever played, and I'm well aware of the strengths of the NES. Highly recommended if you have ever been interested in Ys.

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I bought it and it's sitting installed on my drive, but I haven't launched it yet. Sounds like I should finally give it a try!

Sonic Adventure is one of the most joyous gaming experiences I've ever had, and no matter how much time passes, the Sega trademark green hills/blue sky palette, vibrant varied catchy music, and earnest scope and story of the game always puts a smile on my face. The game is a rough-around-the-edges masterpiece in my eyes, always will be.
I legit thought about praising Sonic in the OP. But this post is much better haha. Games that bring us joy :D

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I cannot wait for Beyond Light and the new subclasses have me Beyond Hyped. Cannot wait for November and the annual ritual of fully and completely immersing myself in D2 with the community.

Also, there's a certain group of Destiny players known locally as the Potato Patch and they're a pretty damn awesome group of people. Same for the Destiny Era community at large, genuinely great people.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario The Origami King is an awesome, charming and well-written journey that I recommend to everyone one of you

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Sega (and especially Sega Europe) have done a great job with bringing Japanese titles to PC (Yakuza, Shenmue, Catherine, Bayonetta, Vanquish). Good to see Sega-owned Atlus followng suit with P4G.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Video games are so good right now. You so often hear that things are going downhill or they ain't what they used to be, but I think video games are just getting better and better. I'm 30 years old now and I'm regularly playing games that just floor me; some of my favourite games ever have come within the last couple of years and I'm super hyped for multiple games in the future.

I played TLOU2 last month and I honestly think it's the best game I've ever played. I haven't stopped thinking about it for even a day since.

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I almost gave up on Wandersong after about an hour. I was crying by the end a few hours later. It and Outer Wilds, made by tiny indie teams, are two of the most impactful games I've played this whole gen. Also, Game Pass is GOAT for making it available to me to play them. Almost 0 chance I'd have played them otherwise.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Paper Mario 64 always makes me extremely happy and is one of the few games I can just sit down and replay pretty much whenever.

Right now I'm playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga for the first time and it's giving me a lot of the same impressions and feelings toward it as the first two Paper Mario games.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I think "checklist" open-world games are very fun and comforting if you need something to keep yourself entertained for a bunch of hours. Doing stuff without having to think too much about it can be quite relaxing, even if it's an action-packed game.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
ok, im going to say it.....hold on to your hats ERA, because here it comes............

Both the PS5 and Series X look like incredible consoles and i can't wait to get both. I'll have my Series X for binge gaming that Gamepass goodness while my Ps5 will be for Exclusives and Multiplayer games with my Sony only friends.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nuts and Bolts is legit amazing and easily one of Rare's best. Trying to get the T.T trophies led to some of the funnest moments I've ever had in a video game.

Oct 25, 2017
Where some people are using next-gen to express negative sentiments, I'm seeing so many positives.

Lots of colorful 3D platformers, from Sackboy and Astro Bot to Psychonauts 2 and Balan Wonderworld.

A new life for Demon's Souls, a classic that will reach millions of new players.

The survival horror renaissance continues with games like Resident Evil VIIIage and The Medium.

Lots of new IP is coming, ranging from titels as diverse as Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo,The Medium, Balan Wonderworld and Returnal.

Modern technologie allows small independent developers to make stunning looking games like Stray and Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Bright Memory Infinite was mostly developed by one guy!

Oh, and The Last of Us: Part II is a phenomenal videogame.

Gaming is in great shape, people. Enjoy it and bitch less!

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
The Last of Us Part II is the best game of all time and it hurts me that some people were spoiled by the leaks and weren't able to fully enjoy the impact of this stunning game.
The game is so good it changed me and made me grow. The people that worked on TLOU2 are so incredibly talented that my jaw dropped more than once, tears rolled down my face, incredible joy and pain filled me on a scale I didn't thought possible for a videogame.
Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker are giving the performance of a lifetime and it takes you in.

I would like to thank and praise every single person that worked on this game. To me personally TLOU Part II is the best we have ever seen in basically all regards. The people that worked tirelessly to bring this game to us are on another level.
After 20 years a game managed to take my #1 spot which was previously taken by Final Fantasy and Ocarina of Time.

TLOU part 2 is amazing and no game has ever affected me in any way like it before and there likely won't be one that does for awhile. It's by far the best story ever for any aaa game.

I love you.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I love just driving around aimlessly in Forza Horizon 4. It's so much fun. Love the weather and the seasons. During the stricter part of lockdown when we couldn't visit the coast (normally ten minutes drive from my village) I would just drive to the sea in Horizon 4 and listen to the waves.

Oct 25, 2017
ok, im going to say it.....hold on to your hats ERA, because here it comes............

Both the PS5 and Series X look like incredible consoles and i can't wait to get both. I'll have my Series X for binge gaming that Gamepass goodness while my Ps5 will be for Exclusives and Multiplayer games with my Sony only friends.
^

Ape escape one of the most charming games I've ever played I wish Sony bring it back

suikoden 3 and skies of arcadia are still my favorite jrpgs of all time, everyone should play them.
I'm excited for Marvel Avenger's, sue me.
^

Aug 31, 2019
I just like playing video games very much. It's my favorite pastime since when I was a kid. I can finally afford and have acess to so many good games. The only place where I associate gaming with negativity is in the internet forums and social media. When it's about gaming per se, its all good. And when it's not, I just play something else or do something not related to games.