• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds to be a code in the box on Switch...

Outer-Worlds-Switch_01-30-20-280x452.jpg

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
So, how many different companies are there now doing the limited physical releases thing? I'm losing track, for real. I know we've got:

- Limited Run Games
- Strictly Limited Games
- Super Rare Games
- iam8bit
- Signature Edition

And I saw there's a new one on the horizon called Physicality Games. Who else am I missing?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
So, how many different companies are there now doing the limited physical releases thing? I'm losing track, for real. I know we've got:

- Limited Run Games
- Strictly Limited Games
- Super Rare Games
- iam8bit
- Signature Edition

There's a few in France like Red Art and Warned collectors. 1st press games in Germany. VGNY outta NYC. B-side games in Japan.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017

- Limited Run Games
- Strictly Limited Games
- Super Rare Games
- iam8bit
- Signature Edition

And I saw there's a new one on the horizon called Physicality Games. Who else am I missing?
There's also EastAsiaSoft, 1Print Games, and Hard Copy Games off the top of my head.

Edit: VGNY's games appear to be exclusive cover variants for PixelHeart.

Last edited:

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Unless the game captivates me I find I'm passing on about 97% of them these days. Having a physical version doesn't make up for a lame game.

The FOMO is real with so many people though...

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Unless the game captivates me I find I'm passing on about 97% of them these days. Having a physical version doesn't make up for a lame game.

The FOMO is real with so many people though...
Eh, I just resell if I don't like the game. Because they're limited they retain their value well enough. If I buy digitally then that's not an option. Granted I only buy what I'm interested in in the first place.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I just resell if I don't like the game. Because they're limited they retain their value well enough. If I buy digitally then that's not an option. Granted I only buy what I'm interested in in the first place.

Well for what shipping costs from the majority of these companies to Canada, it's likely I may cut even if selling for a "profit", but it's just not worth it. I was actually doing that for a while, but stopped last year because it was just not worth the hassel for me anyways.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
SLG confirmed to me that their version of Sisters Royale will be fully-patched and all DLC on cart/disc (both standard and collector edition) yes I'm still wary of these things since the Game Paradise fiasco.

twitter.com

StrictlyLimitedGames on Twitter

“⭐ THIS WEEKEND ⭐ We're pleased to give the cute but deadly #SistersRoyale a warm welcome! It's an absolute honor to immortalize this modern AlfaSystem classic in a lim.print physical format! 💛 #NintendoSwitch #PS4 🔹 https://t.co/4mXlWLnQAb 🔹”

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
finally got my PS4 copy of Ultracore today and it's a pretty good game but the free bonus thing they added because of the long delay is pretty laughable, i was expecting some sort of A4 sized art card thing but the thing i got looks pretty much like a cup coaster

it's also annoying that they haven't figured out how to do trays in the boxes yet so while the game was in a foam holder the 2 CD soundtracks were rattling around in the box

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this:

shop.retromaniawrestling.com

Pre-Order RetroMania Wrestling - Nintendo Switch Digital Download - PLUS

Pre-Order RetroMania Wrestling on the Nintendo Switch. This is a digital download code only (NO physical media) but also includes a Nintendo Switch collectors box, RetroMania Wrestling Instruction Manual, and several RetroMania Wrestling inspired stickers. It will be delivered via mail when the...

Retromania Wrestling is getting a Switch boxed edition, but it's going only to have a code in a box amiss extras.

What the fuck? The indies are doing this shit, too?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
twitter.com

Marvelous Games on Twitter

“🧟‍♀️🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️ The undead approaches our office as we have just received samples of DEAD OR SCHOOL for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Available 13th March 2020! https://t.co/J2a4hjGiP8”

Seen in the comments:

DEAD OR SCHOOL will be a digital only release in North America (and will not be available to pre-order on the eShop or PS Store). Content is the same between the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions & it is also the same content as the previous Japanese release.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Just saw this:

shop.retromaniawrestling.com

Pre-Order RetroMania Wrestling - Nintendo Switch Digital Download - PLUS

Pre-Order RetroMania Wrestling on the Nintendo Switch. This is a digital download code only (NO physical media) but also includes a Nintendo Switch collectors box, RetroMania Wrestling Instruction Manual, and several RetroMania Wrestling inspired stickers. It will be delivered via mail when the...

Retromania Wrestling is getting a Switch boxed edition, but it's going only to have a code in a box amiss extras.

What the fuck? The indies are doing this shit, too?
So it's basically a merch pack. Dumb.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, pained by the results in the latest Super Rare Games poll gauging interest in in their upcoming releases:
VN0XXuD.png

www.strawpoll.me

What game are you most excited for?

Vote Now! [Darkwood] [Assault Android Cactus +] [Mechstermination Force] [Freedom Finger] [Sexy Brutale] [SteamWorld Heist] [Dandara]
The absolutely amazing and completely slept on FREEDOM FINGER bringing up the rear. Boo.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, pained by the results in the latest Super Rare Games poll gauging interest in in their upcoming releases:
VN0XXuD.png

www.strawpoll.me

What game are you most excited for?

Vote Now! [Darkwood] [Assault Android Cactus +] [Mechstermination Force] [Freedom Finger] [Sexy Brutale] [SteamWorld Heist] [Dandara]
The absolutely amazing and completely slept on FREEDOM FINGER bringing up the rear. Boo.
i was gonna say what's the point in giving it another physical but the collection only released on PS4 and wiiu and it was Dig 2 that got a switch phsical

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
So with Best Buy carrying iam8bit games now does that mean they'll have Kentucky Route Zero?