• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rap's best era was the 90s right? Like I am not sure if that is a controversial take or not but to me it seems pretty cut and dry. I don't hate all modern rap by any means, I love Kendrick, Drake, Gibbs, etc. But if you're asking me Lil Baby vs Nas? Come on.

Another old man take: I don't like asking Alexa questions. Whenever I ask Alexa what the weather is I feel like a snooty upper class snob sitting back in his armchair as his minions do his bidding and file his fingernails and tell him that life is all about him. I'll just check the weather the old fashioned way by checking my iPhone 12.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand Snapchat and don't want to. I'm cool with all the other modern social media and streaming and even Vtubers, just not Snapchat.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Cartoons from the 90's are so much better than the ones out now.

Prime Simpson's (1st ten seasons)
Batman The Animated Series
Rugrats
Hey Arnold
X-Men
Rocko's Modern Life
Dragonball Z

Hell cartoon networks turn of the millennium output is infinitely better than most of the modern stuff.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
My old man take: Watching people play video games is weird. Ill just play them myself.

Yep. Also gas fireplaces and grills are insulting. Burn some wood, you fuck.

Re: the Alexa thing...I'll never have anything like that in my house. It's the epitome of lazy and if I can't check the weather or turn my own lights on someone needs to shoot me.

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you clapping at the end of movies? Who are you clapping for? The people involved aren't there so please stop. Also cheering during movies must come to an end as well. These are fictional characters doing fictional events that have no bearing on your life. Yes I know I'm no fun allowed.png

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Steely Dan is better than David Bowie
What! Not even close.
My old man take: Watching people play video games is weird. Ill just play them myself.
Agreed. I just don't get it. It's like listening to someone else watching a film through a closed door.
Peter Gabriel is better than Phil Collins.

There I said it.
Absolutely correct! What wouldn't you say it. I still like Phil's best stuff too though.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Sneakers shouldn't cost hundreds of dollars. I don't care if they're Jordan Prime x Graham's Number Limited Edition 4 or whatever. The sneaker market sucks.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I rather watch lifetime movies rather than big blockbuster movies. It's not a knock against big budget movies, but i love the realness, the cheap acting. I dunno there's something about it that i dig, especially the 90s lifetime movies.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
Stranger things should have either only have been one season or a different story for each subsequent one

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina

I like watching people play video games to give me an idea of if I'd like to play that game. I use it more than reviews to judge if it's something I'd like. I also like watching people stream MTG, especially large tournaments.

Hot dogs are delicious when cooked right, especially Chicago style.

Absolutely agree. A good all beef dog is hard to beat.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I like watching people play video games to give me an idea of if I'd like to play that game. I use it more than reviews to judge if it's something I'd like. I also like watching people stream MTG, especially large tournaments.

Absolutely agree. A good all beef dog is hard to beat.
I think its less about the preparation and more about the quality of the sausage and accoutrements.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Rap's best era was the 90s right? Like I am not sure if that is a controversial take or not but to me it seems pretty cut and dry. I don't hate all modern rap by any means, I love Kendrick, Drake, Gibbs, etc. But if you're asking me Lil Baby vs Nas? Come on.

Another old man take: I don't like asking Alexa questions. Whenever I ask Alexa what the weather is I feel like a snooty upper class snob sitting back in his armchair as his minions do his bidding and file his fingernails and tell him that life is all about him. I'll just check the weather the old fashioned way by checking my iPhone 12.

100% fucking agreed on both of these lol.

Also I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of social media, and selfies and all the crap that goes with it. All I have is an old ass Facebook that I never use and am considering canceling and then I'll literally be nowhere online and I love that idea.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. I hoped the PS5 HD camera would give me better tracking for VR games, but it's just for making videos of you playing games? Those Create and Share buttons on controllers are a waste.

Raw tomatoes are disgusting. They taste like shit and smell even worse.

Crazy how I love salsa and bruschetta, but a raw slice of tomato is nasty to me.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
like watching people play video games to give me an idea of if I'd like to play that game. I use it more than reviews to judge if it's something I'd like. I also like watching people stream MTG, especially large tournaments.
Those I can understand a bit. Likes you're getting an impression so you can play it yourself. And the tournament thing is akin to watching a sport.

But just watching someone play a game from beginning to end? Nah, son

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand social media and outside of this forum I don't participate in it at all outside of lurking some fun subreddits. How do you maintain a Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter account? What is the drive/motivation behind it and where do you find the time?

From what I understand people use those platforms to talk to people in their inner circle. Why don't you just call them or send them a text message?

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like due to the music industry not being as profitable let's say , the companies aren't willing to take risks.

The independent scene has never been better

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As a southern man i like holding the door open for folks that follow me inside. Man, woman, or child.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get Twitch at all.

I actually prefer the summarized videos people like Maximilian Dood etc upload to Youtube after they have streamed. And even those are often not great if there is no structure to it. I'm not watching someone live for hours in the hope of witnessing something sort of interesting.

Back when I was at school or uni I sometimes sat in front of a desktop PC all day, playing games, browsing, listening to music. Maybe that's the target audience? I certainly don't sit at my desk all day anymore.

I basically only use Twitch for specific events like gaming E3 shows, fighting game tournaments etc. Even then I prefer Youtube over it if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.