• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting to hear more about that Ex Machina movie (I heard they were retitling it The Great Machine and Oscar Isaac was supposed to play Hundred). Is that still happening?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Make Hack/Slash and bring in whoever you need to. The horrorverse
That and Nailbiter, and they can do the crossover one shot.

Nailbiter_Image_Comics_issue_1.png

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
In terms of anime/manga, at least, they had the perfect IP for a movie franchise with Alita, and they managed to poop all over it. If they manage to fuck up that, most other things don't stand a chance of getting the proper treatment.

Anyway, you need a popular IP, or a successful movie/series, or both, to get a franchise going. Making half-baked movies off of smaller IP isn't gonna get these studios to where they wanna be.

I liked Alita. Would like a sequel.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
god i can't believe they managed to bring Valiant back from the dead only to find an even bigger way to kill it right at it's peak

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
It's never going to happen, but in my dreams I want HBO to produce a high-budget TV series adapting Worm.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First GPUs, now they're going after comics?

Is there no end to their evil?!

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Manga adaptations for the west is probably more forward thinking. Ultimately much harder to pull of though

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know any of Kay's history prior to the book, so that didn't bother me. Plus, the series has several great female characters like Magic, Jessie, and Agent Festival.

The fact that she had so little history is precisely the problem. Kay gets very quickly introduced, she's a gender-bent version of the OG Geomancer upgraded to being the goddamn Avatar, and the second story to actually do anything with her is that mini pre-Lemire's run where she dies. And she's somehow Bloodshot's Lost Lenore despite being with him for literally less than 5 pages between first meeting him and her dying.

So yeah, not great. Don't recall the other two but Magic was decent enough at least.

C-Drive

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Warners, stop trying to make the DC Cinematic Universe a thing and maybe give Milestone a try.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody wants to be Marvel but don't want to put in the work. They want that Avengers money NOW NOW NOW.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I'm not saying Kill 6 Billion Demons would work as a HBO show or something like that, I'm saying I want it to work.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Man, how many episodes would that even be?
And then there'd be the sequel, Ward, too.

First season would be everything up to Leviathan. That's eight arcs. With 44-minute episodes, that should fit pretty neatly into the standard season length of 10-12 episodes.

The season divisions get messier after that, but at glance it feels like everything should fit into 4-5 seasons total (highly dependant on how they deal with the time skip. I can imagine large chunks of the back half of the story being cut entirely by aggressive editors trying to streamline the plot).

Overall it's totally doable. The main concern is budget. Worm never ever slows down, so every single episode would need a giant budget with action scenes aplenty. That might be a hard sell.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Actually let's not do live action versions of animated shows, in general.

I disagree. There's this show called Batman: The Animated series that I think would make a great live action movie.

There's a bunch of spinoffs too, they could make a whole shared universe out of it.

Seriously though, why does WB refuse to use the shows as influence in the DCEU. The comics have been mining them for decades.

Hey Warners, stop trying to make the DC Cinematic Universe a thing and maybe give Milestone a try.

Wasn't there some weird legal thing with Milestone until recently? I swear they fixed it a year or so ago and announced a bunch of Static stuff but I don't remember seeing any of it come out.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Berserk seems like it should be a perfect candidate for a series. Post GoT, it could be an awesome dark counter to Amazon's LoTR show. Maybe have Daniel Dae Kim play Guts

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Top Cow pls 🥺🥺🥺
iu

Or more Witchblade anime, also a The Darkness, and Magdalena anime

Edit: Or a Netflix series similar to:
iu

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I've only read like one volume of it, but I'm amazed nobody is trying to adapt Saga.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sony had the rights to the Valiant Universe, but gave up and let the run time expire on the deal, besides the Bloodshot movie. Then I think some Chinese firm bought Valiant and this is their big new deal.

I think Valiant is prime for something. Maybe not movies lol, but a good streaming services cinematic universe. Especially characters like Ninjak, Rai, and Quantum and Woody. But these big name Hollywood studios dont want to do the work to build up a character people dont know about. They want characters already established as their leads.

Other indie publishers and creators are creating their own shared universes now too to hop on that bandwagon lol. Lemire did it with Black Hammer, Snyder talked about wanting to do it after DC, Spawn is trying it lol, and there was talk of Image Comics creating one of their own somehow. Then theres this new Resistance comic by JMS thats supposed to be in some sort of semi shared universe or something. But I dont know anyone thats tried any of them yet.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone trying to copy that shine.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's more pathetic Axel Alonzo is one of them, even aping some talent. At least TKO and Image is like "we're just making stories"

It doesn't help streaming services are likely the reason this shit is gonna get out of control but then again, it goes back to the Walking Dead.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Valiant's Ninjak would make for a badass movie or streaming show.
Ninja-K-5-banner-e1514034565617.jpg

6149555-ninja-k%201%20by%20gage%20and%20giorello.jpg

He is one of their coolest characters. Basically Mi6's James Bond, who also happens to be a ninja assassin lol. You get your James Bond, Bruce Wayne/Batman, and well Gambit all thrown into one, with a badass sword.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Valiant's Ninjak would make for a badass movie or streaming show.
Ninja-K-5-banner-e1514034565617.jpg

6149555-ninja-k%201%20by%20gage%20and%20giorello.jpg

He is one of their coolest characters. Basically Mi6's James Bond, who also happens to be a ninja assassin lol. You get your James Bond, Bruce Wayne/Batman, and well Gambit all thrown into one, with a badass sword.
How do you kick somebody in the throat so hard they bleed?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I disagree. There's this show called Batman: The Animated series that I think would make a great live action movie.

There's a bunch of spinoffs too, they could make a whole shared universe out of it.

Seriously though, why does WB refuse to use the shows as influence in the DCEU. The comics have been mining them for decades.

I've been wondering the same thing for a long time; lack of familiarity (or interest) with the source materials, inflated egos that want to tell their own story, cluelessness about what actually makes them good stories, or just plain old executive incompetence. At some point you stop caring and realize they would fuck up whatever story they adapted to live action anyway, so they're probably just as well left alone.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
First season would be everything up to Leviathan. That's eight arcs. With 44-minute episodes, that should fit pretty neatly into the standard season length of 10-12 episodes.

The season divisions get messier after that, but at glance it feels like everything should fit into 4-5 seasons total (highly dependant on how they deal with the time skip. I can imagine large chunks of the back half of the story being cut entirely by aggressive editors trying to streamline the plot).

Overall it's totally doable. The main concern is budget. Worm never ever slows down, so every single episode would need a giant budget with action scenes aplenty. That might be a hard sell.

I think this is why you have to do it animated. Most of the Undersiders don't have super visually impressive powers, but with a tight CG budget, I'm afraid you'd end up with every big fight cloaked in Grue's darkness, Leviathan only seen in glimpses, and Rachel's dogs going the way of Ghost in Game of Thrones.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody should try to license Léo's works. Especially Aldébaran and Kenya should be suited for something.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
This is fair but MHA is a good place to start. I mean much better than OP and that's already happening. MHA is way more popular here and way more adaptable, plus superheroes. I'm just saying, people are sitting on a gold mine.

I have been hearing this from this community since Dragon Ball Evolution.