• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So a movie guaranteed to be crap gets pushed back in favor of a movie guaranteed to be good

i see no issue

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
akira breathes a sigh of relief
gBHw64I.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm down. I was optimistic about his Akira project, but honestly they should make it a mini-series and not a film. It would be way better for it.

More of his Thor is always welcome though. Whether it's Asgardians of the Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok Electric Boogaloo.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A likely ill-advised live action anime film is being delayed in favor of another MCU classic by Taika?

tenor.gif

This is actually surprising to me.

I thought they'd just keep Thor with the Guardians from now on.

I imagine he'd be in Guardians 3 in some capacity, but he was never gonna just...stay with them. He headlines his own franchise, which just started to find its footing in its last installment, and this iteration of the Guardians team is said to be ending after their third movie anyways.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are Hemsworth and Scarjo the only avengers signed on for moves after Phase 3?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Excited but makes Thor in Guardians 3 kinda superfluous.

I kind of hope it's a passing of torch type movie. Have Beta Ray Bill take Stormbreaker and bring back Jane Foster and have her get Mjolnir somehow.

beta_ray_bill.jpg

main-qimg-534acfd6dbc65c39dc796447178db343

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So... what does this do to Thor and the Guardians? Gunn is still a long ways from starting Vol 3, and has a whole other movie in-between. Atleast at one point, that was to be the kick-off to Phase 4 (or whatever you call the next set of movies). I wonder if this throws the order out of whack a bit?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm not shocked and trying not to let myself be disappointed. I said I wouldn't let myself be hyped for Akira until I saw an actual trailer.

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't as hot on Thor 3 as others but think it's the best we've gotten from a solo Thor flick so hopefully second times a charm?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Starting with Ragnarok and then following it up in the preceding Avengers films, Thor has cemented himself as the fun one amongst the original Avengers.

tenor.gif

I can't get enough of Thor lol. Just put him in everything, I don't care.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad about Akira.

But I am definitely excited to see Waititi helming FThour.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the franchises in the MCU, if you told me Thor would be the one that got a fourth movie...

Stark-Bana-Laughing.gif

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
This is actually surprising to me.

I thought they'd just keep Thor with the Guardians from now on.
I'm not entirely sure if James Gunn will use Thor, I think it's up to him to decide. While Thor with Guardians was cool as hell, I want to see the story that Gunn wants to tell with these characters, lots of insane potential after the last two Avengers films.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
What about Guardians 3 and Thor? Is he just going to leave them in the first 5 minutes of the movie?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... what does this do to Thor and the Guardians? Gunn is still a long ways from starting Vol 3, and has a whole other movie in-between. Atleast at one point, that was to be the kick-off to Phase 4 (or whatever you call the next set of movies). I wonder if this throws the order out of whack a bit?
Thor 4 seems like it'll be a while off- Waititi hasn't even started on the script.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Akira had script problems, according to Hollywood Reporter. Waititi probably knew shit wasn't gonna work with that film.