• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
And just before we hit send on the newsletter, we saw a flurry of sites writing about a now deleted tweet revealing the May debut of the hotly-anticipated Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ series. Our own sourcing corroborates the rumor, but it's not official until it's official.

Last edited by a moderator:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hello-there-kenobi.gif

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine the excitement from everyone at Day 1 of Star Wars Celebration if the premiere (or the finale if it's 4 episodes) aired the day before it started.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Based on Boba Fett this might turn into the Anakin Skywalker show about half way through.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This will be the first D+ Star Wars thing I watch so hopefully it delivers.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Casual Spider-Man spoiler in the linked tweet. :( theatres have been closed for COVID in my country so…

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
who's ready for some more tatooine

/s

i like sand

lol I remember people were upset with the rumors that much of the show doesn't take place on tatooine and it doesn't fit the "consistency of the character" at this period of time.

Now people are cheering if most of it is off tatooine :P

[edit: hm just read the post above. I stand corrected. People will complain about Star Wars no matter what confirmed!]

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
May 4th is an obvious choice, but the 25th also happens to be the exact day and date 45th anniversary of the original film...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Over/under ol Ben Kenobi rescued Grogu from the temple and we get a Grogu cameo at some point since he knows him?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Why would they pick a day that's not May The Fourth if that date is an option

(Assuming the show is ready by then)

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fair. But dammit, he played a part in keeping Grogu safe, just watch.

I don't think so honestly, someone would have had to have been in the temple and saved him that night. There were a few Jedi that escaped the temple but they were hunted and killed or forced to turn to the darkside and become Inquisitors. So I'm assuming one of those were the ones that helped Grogu escape.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't think so honestly, someone would have had to have been in the temple and saved him that night. There were a few Jedi that escaped the temple but they were hunted and killed or forced to turn to the darkside and become Inquisitors. So I'm assuming one of those were the ones that helped Grogu escape.
Hmm, well Kenobi was doing his rounds of keeping babies safe, like what he did with Luke and Leia, so it is entirely possible that in the end, he was involved in whatever happened to Grogu as a surviving youngling, even if he wasn't directly involved that night.

I just kind of feel a Grogu appearance is inevitable, especially since we got the flashback without much context.

Not even sure if I want it or not, but, I think it will happen.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, well Kenobi was doing his rounds of keeping babies safe, like what he did with Luke and Leia, so it is entirely possible that in the end, he was involved in whatever happened to Grogu as a surviving youngling, even if he wasn't directly involved that night.

I just kind of feel a Grogu appearance is inevitable, especially since we got the flashback without much context.

Not even sure if I want it or not, but, I think it will happen.

Although I don't think Obi-Wan will have anything to do with Grogu's escape it is entirely possible for Grogu to make a brief appearance. Imagine one of the main Inquisitors is about to be killed by Obi-wan towards the end of the series. And as they're dying they share that they were once a Jedi and in the temple the night Order 66 happens and that they gave up themselves up in order to keep a child safe. Then it flashes to them grabbing Grogu and fighting their way to safety.

The Inquisitors are confirmed for the series already, and they're fallen Jedi that escaped the temple so it makes too much sense to me idk lol.

Inquisitor-in-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Show.jpg

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Although I don't think Obi-Wan will have anything to do with Grogu's escape it is entirely possible for Grogu to make a brief appearance. Imagine one of the main Inquisitors is about to be killed by Obi-wan towards the end of the series. And as they're dying they share that they were once a Jedi and in the temple the night Order 66 happens and that they gave up themselves up in order to keep a child safe. Then it flashes to them grabbing Grogu and fighting their way to safety.

The Inquisitors are confirmed for the series already, and they're fallen Jedi that escaped the temple so it makes too much sense to me idk lol.

Inquisitor-in-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Show.jpg
Well if it does happen, the angry "fan service" posts will be fun to read, at any rate

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
May 4th has been the rumour for weeks. Very excited, but wondering where Ahsoka and Andor will come.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
With The Book of Boba Feet ending its season, i hope we get a teaser soon after.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait, This is probably my most hyped project since Disney acquired Star Wars, other than the force awakens of course

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Facts, no matter what happens no one will win lol.
I've been watching various reaction videos on youtube about both Mando and Boba and the reactions are mostly so positive and happy especially about the cameos. Sometimes it's a trip to step on era and see many angry voices. Not that they don't have their right to feel how they feel, but they just seem so out of step from much of the positive feedback I hear elsewhere. I guess it's like you say, no matter what direction they go, it is impossible to please everybody.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
May 4th has been the rumour for weeks. Very excited, but wondering where Ahsoka and Andor will come.

I think Andor got confirmed for later this year? I'm not sure if Ashoka has started filming yet, so I'd assume it's Boba > Obi > Andor > Mando S3 > Ashoka.

And hopefully Bad Batch in there somewhere too.