• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about these characters but I'm so game for movies based on weirder less known comics.

Seems like great casting, just hope it's good!

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the rest of the JSA lineup for this btw
Aldis Hodges as team leader Hawkman(which is a nice twist actually
Aldis-Hodge-hackman-split-Publicity-H-2020-1601058537-928x523.jpg

Noah Centino as Atom Smasher
noah_centineo__-_dc_character_atom_smasher-_getty_-_publicity_-_split_-_h_2020_-928x523.jpg

And Cyclone who didn't have an actress pic like the others https://heroichollywood.com/black-adam-casts-quintessa-swindell-cyclone-dwayne-johnson/#:~:text=Quintessa Swindell has been cast,Society of American hero, Cyclone.
Between this and Hourman movie seeing movement we're going to see a JSA movie before we see another Justice League movie.

Nov 27, 2020
Random thought...a well cast JSA in the Black Adam movie, which we know will tie in with Shazam could be the shot in the arm that the DCEU needs. Like so much of a shot in the arm that they don't even need to include much, if not all of the existing DCEU. Just let this become the "Golden Age-verse" that is bright, colorful and fun. If and when it gets around to including the big three, it could be totally different versions of those characters. I know what the plan was, but plans change.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yoooooooooooo
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No lie, he was one of my top picks to play Doctor Strange back in 2014, 2015 or whatever. So this is a good lateral compromise.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I know nothing about these characters but I'm so game for movies based on weirder less known comics.

Seems like great casting, just hope it's good!
Hawkman, and Dr Fate are from 1940 and have been kicking around forever. Atom Smasher is more recent being from the 90's under that name but is the grandson of the original wrestler Atom who's another 40's hero. Some fun legacies
Random thought...a well cast JSA in the Black Adam movie, which we know will tie in with Shazam could be the shot in the arm that the DCEU needs. Like so much of a shot in the arm that they don't even need to include much, if not all of the existing DCEU. Just let this become the "Golden Age-verse" that is bright, colorful and fun. If and when it gets around to including the big three, it could be totally different versions of those characters. I know what the plan was, but plans change.
They've got Aldis Hodges playing Hawkman as team leader, that's a great pick and an excellent new twist for the character who's a great foil choice to Black Adam in the first place as a fellow immortal

Nov 27, 2020
Hawkman, and Dr Fate are from 1940 and have been kicking around forever. Atom Smasher is more recent being from the 90's under that name but is the grandson of the original wrestler Atom who's another 40's hero. Some fun legacies

They've got Aldis Hodges playing Hawkman as team leader, that's a great pick and an excellent new twist for the character who's a great foil choice to Black Adam in the first place as a fellow immortal

Oh yeah, this could be really great!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Dr. Fate is one of my favorite superhero, and with this news I go to sleep much happier!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
1. I hope he gets to wear the mask for most of the film.
2. I feel like this movie has been in development for twenty years and I'm shocked every time I see it move forward. And yet each bit of news makes it seem even better.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Aldis Hodges as team leader Hawkman(which is a nice twist actually

Man, I really hope this Hawkman (and Hawkgirl) would get their own origin movie. With Gentleman Ghost as the main villain. We need a Egyptian mythology themed super hero movie. Tired of Norse and Greek shit (am Greek).

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty great, hopefully we don't have a Judge Dredd Stallone version where the helmet is barely ever on.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
The casting in all the DC movies has been the best part, consistently

Even when the other parts of the movies tend to fail

dseed

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing against Brosnan but I was hoping this movie would move away from the comics and cast someone middle eastern. Like how I wished for them to cast someone Asian for iron fist but 🤷. Still excited for the project in general and it's putting together a great cast.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Compelling casting but god damn, my dude is almost 70 years old now.
I mean, should be a fun balance, you've got the pissed off immortal bouncing off the gruff reincarnated warrior leader, the experienced and sage sorcerer leading a pair of rookies. You've got actors who can pull it off and the fact that those three characters know of and even have history together means with the right script and direction these actors can go ham

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I mean, should be a fun balance, you've got the pissed off immortal bouncing off the gruff reincarnated warrior leader, the experienced and sage sorcerer leading a pair of rookies. You've got actors who can pull it off and the fact that those three characters know of and even have history together means with the right script and direction these actors can go ham

Oh yeah, absolutely, it's going to work, I was just shocked to realize the man's age. I remember seeing GoldenEye in theatres when I was 11 or 12, feels like yesterday but it means I'm ancient as shit too, lol.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good choice I think. I wouldn't have minded them getting Oded Fehr for the character either. He did voice him in the JL cartoon before and I thought did a good job with him.

TheJoebro64

Sep 6, 2020
Awesome casting. I'm really hyped for Black Adam.

Only one nitpick though: where is Wesley Dodds, the greatest JLA member

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I love the JSA, and Brosnan seems like a GREAT fit for Kent Nelson.

JSA in general is a much more...interesting team for DC movies to explore instead of JL. They are more unique and have more varied, lesser known characters which are ripe for expansion into live action.

I'm all for this stuff

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Dude finds a magic helmet, becomes an agent of the forces of order to combat the forces of chaos to balance the cosmic scales

don't forget that the helmet is sentient, with the soul of Nabur, and take control of the body as he puts the helmet on. Basically a slave for Order Lords.

there were different versions of him through his comic story, including an amalgam version of a teenage couple.