• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This sucks :/ At least it was a friendly departure, hopefully they find someone good to replace her.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge has exited the straight-to-series adaptation of the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie 2005 New Regency film. Sources say that the Fleabag Emmy winner had a different creative vision for the series than Donald Glover, with whom she was poised to star alongside.

Sources say Waller-Bridge and Glover remain friends following what was described as an amicable split. Waller-Bridge's role will now be recast as the series remains on track for a 2022 debut. Writing on the series is currently under way, with production expected to also begin next year.

The news comes seven months after the teaming of the two Emmy winners for the update of the action-thriller created a frenzy on social media.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't seem like a series that I would have thought either of them would have been interested in, tbh

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She never seemed like a good fit imo but glad to see it was a amicable split from the show.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You certainly need a strong chemistry between the 2 leads. The previous movie at least achieved that for obvious reasons, but still ^^.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I'd rather see her do something other than a Mr and Mrs Smith show, so I'm ok with this

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Interesting. I would love to know how they deviated in vision...they both kind of made themselves in slightly surreal, micro critiques of their characters and human interaction. So you figure they would work well as opposed to like, Seth Rogan with either one of em, lol

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
That doesn't seem like a series that I would have thought either of them would have been interested in, tbh
Donald Glover came up with the idea for the series and is producing it so he must see something in there.

Must be hard when you have two very strong, incredibly successful creatives trying to make something they're both completely happy with. Hopefully it's as amicable as implied as the thought of them working together again was very exciting.

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
Those two are such a powerhouses when it comes to writing so i'm guessing they weren't so keen on compromising their ideas.

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the only one on the planet who is not a raving Waller-Bridge fan. Just find her grating, and I didn't really like Fleabag.
Heresy, I know.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm really curious what the differences could have been. I wonder if they will get another big name to star alongside Glover.

Either way with the return of Atlanta, 2022 is shaping up to be a big year for him.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Thank god. Fleabag was lame as hell and Glover's a way more talented creative.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Atlanta is phenomenal so maybe this will be good although this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
...meh

Wasn't particularly casting that I thought either Waller-Bridge or Glover was good for, off top.

And not in the but Royalan, isn't that the exact type of whimsical casting that might make it great? Chortle chortle.

No. To me it screamed "we don't know why the original was good."

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Shame but also not surprising. They both seem to have very big personalities and egos and that doesn't always lend well to the creative process.