• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was inevitable. You don't revive the box office like that and then promptly go away again.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Wingard bounced back after Death Note and Blair Witch having pretty rocky receptions.

GvK was pretty good for what it was, I hope he's not locked into Kaiju stuff for a considerable amount of time though. I want to see him do more stuff like The Guest or You're Next.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I am down for more after GvK.

Mecha King Ghidorah please. Time travelling androids. Alien invaders from the Planet X.

Fuck it, just remake Final Wars.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Just make a 90 minute Destroy All Monsters in Hollow Earth. Wingard did a good job with GvK, but fuck the writers of these movies.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MONSTERVERSE LIVES?

HEDORAH'S TIME TO SHINE
d6dcbbc25ba28e1672a6b454c6a51c35.jpg

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I don't see this happening without Kong. Godzilla is the cooler monster but this one was only the success it was because of Kong's inclusion as well.

I thought they had really good chemistry for lack of a better word. Kong put a smile on God's face. I kinda wanna see them just hang out drinking that red berry sleepy juice from the original kong vs god.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Monsterverse is continuing? Just bring back Rodan and Mothra, during the daytime, and give Mothra some scenes!

Also do something with Ghidorah's brain. I want a tease that that shit was confiscated from the Mechagodzilla wreckage and it's slowly regenerating.

Oh, Godzilla Junior would be fucking cool too, since Godzilla is invulnerable as shit to everything. A vulnerable baby Goji would raise the stakes a bit, and rake in that Baby Groot/Baby Yoda money! I'd love to see Godzilla killed off and have Kong become an adoptive father to a young Godzilla.

Oct 25, 2017
Wingard had respectable direction for this movie which is what saved it, the script still sucked. But that's not too shocking since Michael Dougherty was again heavily involved in the writing, returning after having written and directed KotM. Get him off the story but sure keep Wingard.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for more kaiju shenanigans after how much of a blast the last movie was.

It doesn't have to be next but I hope Space Godzilla gets a real intimidating, cosmic horror-esque introduction.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Monsterverse is continuing? Just bring back Rodan and Mothra, during the daytime, and give Mothra some scenes!

Also do something with Ghidorah's brain. I want a tease that that shit was confiscated from the Mechagodzilla wreckage and it's slowly regenerating.

Oh, Godzilla Junior would be fucking cool too, since Godzilla is invulnerable as shit to everything. A vulnerable baby Goji would raise the stakes a bit, and rake in that Baby Groot/Baby Yoda money! I'd love to see Godzilla killed off and have Kong become an adoptive father to a young Godzilla.
Rodan is dead

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
MONSTERVERSE LIVES?

HEDORAH'S TIME TO SHINE
d6dcbbc25ba28e1672a6b454c6a51c35.jpg
Honestly a Hedorah movie about climate change would work well. Especially since in KOTM they mentioned that the titans were meant to stop the humans from hurting the planet. Heck it can really work if they say that humans are now impacting the environment of the Hollow Earth.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, GvK was probably my least favorite Monsterverse movie. Probably more to do with the script than Wingard though. Really wish we could have got a proper Skull Island follow-up since that was my favorite of the bunch but GvK shut the door on that one pretty indelicately.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
They should go all in.

Kong: The Hollow Earth
and
Godzilla: Planet of Titans

And then a full blown team up of them + Mothra to fight Cthulhu. Just go all in. They can even go to space or something and fight aliens trying to bring forth Cthulhu.

No idea who should be in the Godzilla sequel, though.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Okay but like actually get rid of all the human shit this time.

I wanna see monsters wrecking shit and I wanna see Godzilla and/or Kong wrecking their shit.

Just fuckin' chill with the L O R E already.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay but like actually get rid of all the human shit this time.

I wanna see monsters wrecking shit and I wanna see Godzilla and/or Kong wrecking their shit.

Just fuckin' chill with the L O R E already.
That won't happen. As long as these are budgeted under $200m they need the human stuff to pad out the runtime because it's way cheaper than having the whole movie be CG monster fights.

GvK was $160m with the amount of CG monster fighting it had. Having that be the full 2 hours would cost exponentially more.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
That won't happen. As long as these are budgeted under $200m they need the human stuff to pad out the runtime because it's way cheaper than having the whole movie be CG monster fights.

GvK was $160m with the amount of CG monster fighting it had. Having that be the full 2 hours would cost exponentially more.

I get it but it's sooooooooooo bad. 😂

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every single Godzilla movie has had human elements. I don't understand why it bothers people so much.