• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Donald Glover is on the move.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the Atlanta multihyphenate has exited his pact with Disney-owned FX for a multiple-year, eight-figure overall deal with Amazon. The pact is believed to include a content channel of sorts that will spotlight Glover's work and other curated content on Amazon's Prime Video hub. Additionally, Stephen Glover — who wrote and produced on Atlanta alongside his brother — has also signed an overall deal with Amazon.
The Amazon deal, which has been in the works for weeks, will also see Glover exec produce other projects for the retail giant and streamer. Sources note one such project is already beginning to come together: a potential series called Hive, which is rumored to revolve around a Beyonce-like figure and stem from writer Janine Nabers (Watchmen, Away). The project has already begun staffing a writers room, with sources noting Malia Obama is among those recruited to work on the series. (Additional details were not readily available; Amazon declined comment on Hive, too.)
Glover's move to Amazon will not impact FX's critical darling Atlanta. The award-winning comedy has already been renewed for seasons three and four and, per sources, will begin production in March.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad article confirmed Atlanta will finish. Excited to see what Glover does with this new deal.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon making moves, now they should build a interface that doesn't look like it came on a Earthlink CD

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
Happy for him but I would like a new season of Atlanta in my life. How long has it been since season 2?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Be glad we got this much, but yeah everyone blew up and it is getting impossible to synch schedules
I sometimes forget that they had stuff they were already doing before and now they have all become more popular. I didn't even consider the schedule sync issue. 4 seasons is pretty decent at least.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic news, only concern was what it might mean for Atlanta, but then the article confirmed it's unaffected, so brilliant all around.

I wonder if he is going to executive produce the community movie now lol. With him being one of the biggest stars on the planet, the Russo's being maybe the most successful directors in the planet, and Dan Harmon hitting it big with Rick and Morty, I could actually see it happening.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Damn. He has come a long way from pooping his pants and liking to skateboard. Good for him!

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon making moves, now they should build a interface that doesn't look like it came on a Earthlink CD
Lol!

They should also automatically skip credits and intros like they do on Netflix. Why do I have to manually skip credits, then intro and sometimes a recap inbetween every single time? It's madness.

I'll forever give them props on the xray feature though.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
RIP Atlanta, but excited to see what else he and his brother do with Amazon. Still sad we were robbed of their Deadpool.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So he's currently starring in Atlanta, Mr & Mrs Smith and probably Lando while producing Hive and other untitled shows? Plus I'm sure the door is always open for that Community movie.

Get that money my dude

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
An inspired and surreal show like Atlanta can only last a few seasons before it outstays its welcome of fresh ideas and becomes rote. Glad to hear him doing so well!

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
He is extremely talented.

I don't know how he has time to sleep with all the projects he has going on though.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So he's currently starring in Atlanta, Mr & Mrs Smith and probably Lando while producing Hive and other untitled shows? Plus I'm sure the door is always open for that Community movie.

Get that money my dude

They need to get confirmation on Lando and Community sooner rather than later, his schedule is just going to keep getting busier and busier.

Though I guess Community could be a much smaller part. Can't really do that with Lando.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait for real? Guava Island must've done well or something. Thought it was hot ass but everything else DG does is great so get that money king

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
So true. The content on their platform is decent and getting better by the minute with deals like this, but my god how horrible the UI.

At least they fixed that abomination of a split that separated HD vs UHD content for the same show/film into different content pages.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, now fix your fucking interface, Amazon.

Just fucking copy Netflix's like Disney did but make it actually good and not gimped like Disney's.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Glover's move to Amazon will not impact FX's critical darling Atlanta. The award-winning comedy has already been renewed for seasons three and four and, per sources, will begin production in March.

All I care about.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They need to get confirmation on Lando and Community sooner rather than later, his schedule is just going to keep getting busier and busier.

Though I guess Community could be a much smaller part. Can't really do that with Lando.
Community feels like one of those when the stars align things, quite literally, big cast of in demand people that are all friends - give or take Chevy - but with very busy schedules. Like you need to find a 3 month window where they're all relatively free.

Oct 28, 2017
Burying the lede because Malia Obama might work on his new show. Wow.

Atlanta is probably the best show on TV right now so I'm excited to see it finish.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Just off topic because I don't read THR, but I really hate that they have their own lingo too. "multihyphenate" lol
At least they didn't say he has a skein in development at Amazon. :p

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Is there really something from Community in the works?