• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Cops’ Canceled at Paramount Network

Paramount Network has pulled the plug on 'Cops' for good.

Paramount Network has pulled the plug on Cops for good.
The ViacomCBS-owned cabler had removed the long-running show from its schedule in the wake of nationwide protests following the police-involved death of George Floyd on May 25. Now, the network says it's dropping the show altogether.
"Cops is not on the Paramount Network and we don't have any current or future plans for it to return," a network spokesperson said.
Paramount Network's forerunner, Spike TV, picked up Cops in 2013 after it ended a 25-season run on Fox. The series continued following the 2018 rebranding of the channel as Paramount Network; it also had syndication rights to many past seasons.
The show's 33rd season had been schedule to premiere on Monday, but no episode has aired on Paramount Network since at least June 1 as protests against police brutality and in support of the Black Lives Matter movement continued across the country. A&E also pulled last week's episodes of Live PD — which also follows officers on patrol, albeit in real time — but as of publication time new episodes of the show, A&E's most popular series, were still slated to air on Friday and Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Good decision but the Paramount network is cursed. They might as well put Bar Rescue on endless loop and call it a career

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
EaZKsOv.gif

Live PD next please.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right wing trolls are going to be like "there you go, we abolished Cops, thus we gave into your demands so you have to go home now."

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Deadline's report mentions Live PD:

A&E pulled last weekend's episodes of its hit docuseries Live PD amid continued nationwide protests over Floyd's death. The network is still evaluating the right time to bring it back though a return this weekend appears unlikely at the moment.

deadline.com

‘Cops’ Canceled By Paramount Network; ‘Live PD’ Return Evaluated By A&E

Cops‘ six-year run on Paramount Network and its predecessor has come to an end. Pulled last week in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death, the series will not be coming back. “Cops is not on the Paramount Network and we don’t have any current or future plans for it to return,” a Paramount...

Reminder of ResetERA thread on but one reason why:

www.resetera.com

Austin area police chase ends in death as ‘Live PD’ cameras roll

Another black man saying "I can't breathe." while being murdered by police. The death in custody was a rumor here in Round Rock. No one knew for sure it had even occurred. Chodys obsession with Live PD is well known, however. For reference, Williamson county is a suburb of Austin TX. A lot...

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is there a good breakdown of Live PD and why it is allowed? It seems like it can't be legal, yet it persists.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
If cops got canned then Live PD is beyond cancelled. They were there when another black guy was murdered IIRC.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is there a good breakdown of Live PD and why it is allowed? It seems like it can't be legal, yet it persists.
Listen to the podcast 'Running from COPS', which covers both shows. Goes into some detail on the legal loopholes the show has abused to stay on the air, and the victims left in its wake.

Tl;Dr - they claim in court to be a news/documentary program, despite being as staged & manufacturered as all other reality TV.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember back when it was called TNN and i watched Voyager after school.

I also thought cops was cancelled years ago.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Do we think it's an actual honest decision that comes from a good place or just an excuse to cancel a fledgling show and get some positive coverage?

Either way it's a good decision to cancel it.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Listen to the podcast 'Running from COPS', which covers both shows. Goes into some detail on the legal loopholes the show has abused to stay on the air, and the victims left in its wake.

Tl;Dr - they claim in court to be a news/documentary program, despite being as staged & manufacturered as all other reality TV.
interesting. I would have assumed lawsuits would have taken it down by now. I know the loopholes like how they film from outside homes so it is considered public view, and they always answer suspects as "they're just documenting us" when asked about the cameras.

but so many people who aren't criminals or convicted still get shown being accused or depicted poorly and it seems like it is such a mess for reputation damage.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Deadline's report mentions Live PD:

deadline.com

‘Cops’ Canceled By Paramount Network; ‘Live PD’ Return Evaluated By A&E

Cops‘ six-year run on Paramount Network and its predecessor has come to an end. Pulled last week in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death, the series will not be coming back. “Cops is not on the Paramount Network and we don’t have any current or future plans for it to return,” a Paramount...

Reminder of ResetERA thread on but one reason why:

www.resetera.com

Austin area police chase ends in death as ‘Live PD’ cameras roll

Another black man saying "I can't breathe." while being murdered by police. The death in custody was a rumor here in Round Rock. No one knew for sure it had even occurred. Chodys obsession with Live PD is well known, however. For reference, Williamson county is a suburb of Austin TX. A lot...
They haven't pulled shit.

AaOQaMk.png

b2biQVo.png

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Live PD PLEASE. Who do we have to petition. It's rotting my dad's brain.