• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Small but important note:the original release for Spider-Man 3 was after Dr.Strange 2 but after covid the release is the other way around,so stuff regarding multiverse would be introduced to Spidey first.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I said this in the Marvel thread, but everyone should think of what Foxx said regarding his Electro, that he wouldn't be blue in this one. That means he's NOT playing the same Electro from the Garfield movies. Same could be said for Molina and the Toby films. They could just be these characters in the MCU timeline and there are no multiverse pulls. They could essentially be pulling a TV Flash multiverse rules. Where 90% of the characters are the same people across all multiverses, so in the main line MCU-verse, Electro, JJJ, and Doc Ock would look like their other versions.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of this multiverse stuff would've been so much better had they been able to keep a better lid on it. Especially because the movie probably still plays as if the audience doesn't know it's coming.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I loved Homecoming but was thoroughly bored by Far From Home and developments like this make it seem as though they are moving away from the Homecoming style solo adventure (albeit with an RDJ cameo) to a 'everything and the kitchen sink' style of filmmaking.

Three Spider-Men?!

I have no doubt some will be thrilled by this but I am not one of them.

Meh.

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting they are both sequel villains, maybe the universe hopping is based on how long they have been spiderman? Holland just had his sequel villain so its the same timeframe just different universe?

Also definitely need alt universe Bruce Campbell as Mysterio

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This premise/script might have been part of the conditions to reunite Spidey and Marvel Studios after the first breakup in 2019.

Yep this is kinda why I'm a bit 🤔 about this. Like maybe this is some Sony fuckery after the success of Into the Spiderverse and them wanting to use their pre-existing stories into whatever the new agreement was with Marvel? Obviously we won't know for sure, I'm just a bit hesitant to be like.... "This is AWESOME news" considering how sad I was after the Garfield movies lol.

I said this in the Marvel thread, but everyone should think of what Foxx said regarding his Electro, that he wouldn't be blue in this one. That means he's NOT playing the same Electro from the Garfield movies. Same could be said for Molina and the Toby films. They could just be these characters in the MCU timeline and there are no multiverse pulls. They could essentially be pulling a TV Flash multiverse rules. Where 90% of the characters are the same people across all multiverses, so in the main line MCU-verse, Electro, JJJ, and Doc Ock would look like their other versions.

Iiiiiiiiinteresting. Now this is unexpected haha.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how pissed people would be if he and Jamie Foxx are like JK Simmons not playing the same version of JJJ and not just reprising their roles from the other films.

BRB Tying to manifest it

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

I think they're going to be "alternate" versions of the characters in the Raimi/Webb universes. Close enough to how we remember them but not in continuity with them. Based on rumors that Maguire and Garfield are returning.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really not getting too cynical or too hype about the news without knowing more. I know that Sony's influence will likely be some shit and Marvel Studios has generally been good to great, including their work on the Spider-Man stuff, so I'll trust that the movie will be good. At the very least, Marvel has served as a good check to Sony's executive mandates getting too out of hand and effecting the end product. Criticize Marvel all you want for being too generic and bland, but they've been able to maintain a consistency for delivering solid projects that even their misses are still hits in the box office and have a quality level that makes them more watchable than many other Hollywood blockbuster franchises from big studios that might have big budgets and big IPs but still churn out a creative dud.

Also, want to take a wild guess on which side wanted Sinister Six and Spiderverse with ties to past Sony Spider-Man films in this way? It has Sony written all over it in thick sharpie. Not to say that Marvel didn't have any input and their own desires as part of this (they are going a Doctor Strange multiverse movie after all), but this is basically a Sony executive wet dream for the Spider-Man franchise.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Dylan Baker was great in Hunters, he could easily be back for a future return as Dr. Conners and finally, a proper Lizard.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
All of this multiverse stuff would've been so much better had they been able to keep a better lid on it. Especially because the movie probably still plays as if the audience doesn't know it's coming.
As i wrote the order of release would be Dr Strange 2=>Spidey 3 and people would be introduced to Multiverse properly,so who knows how it will happen

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think they're going to be "alternate" versions of the characters in the Raimi/Webb universes. Close enough to how we remember them but not in continuity with them. Based on rumors that Maguire and Garfield are returning.
I actually agree with you, thinking on it more. We probably will see a darker timeline from Maguire's Parker where he's lost everything, and Andrew Garfield is living it up with Spider-Gwen or some shi.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
kytLEwO0E-dIgUqKCKIyOm9j2KgySlSHxA_KH7aNho0aAFsiJZC2lZg3BzAQgmnBkPvexGy-SfTglLApUrY9YiCRiKFVawXgxQ

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that all of the original Sinister Six have appeared in the movies except for Kraven. If he's introduced then the spread of old movies and new would be pretty decent with Mysterio, Kraven, and Vulture from the current movies, Sandman and Doc Ock from the Toby movies, and Electro from the worst movies.

Of course Sandman sucked as a character in the Macguire movies and he ended on a note of going straight, so Green Goblin would be the better pick.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This would be interesting. Like how Spider-Verse opened with scenes from the Raimi trilogy but as a "I remember that" thing not a continuity thing

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm hoping it's a similar situation but everyone here is just tripping over themselves for the most shallow nostalgia tickling, it always irks me.
That's completely fair! For what it's worth, I do agree with your original point but I feel like they would be respectful to the old movies people love. I think the casting alone is to drum up hype even if it's not the same version of the character.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I'm really not getting too cynical or too hype about the news without knowing more. I know that Sony's influence will likely be some shit and Marvel Studios has generally been good to great, including their work on the Spider-Man stuff, so I'll trust that the movie will be good. At the very least, Marvel has served as a good check to Sony's executive mandates getting too out of hand and effecting the end product. Criticize Marvel all you want for being too generic and bland, but they've been able to maintain a consistency for delivering solid projects that even their misses are still hits in the box office and have a quality level that makes them more watchable than many other Hollywood blockbuster franchises from big studios that might have big budgets and big IPs but still churn out a creative dud.

Also, want to take a wild guess on which side wanted Sinister Six and Spiderverse with ties to past Sony Spider-Man films in this way? It has Sony written all over it in thick sharpie.
Sony has had some bad decisions in the past, but considering they've made the 3 best Spider-Man movies imo(1,2 and Spiderverse) I'll give them a chance especially if Raimi lends a hand with his characters.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
The second one setup a really great story for Spidey and it seems like that's gonna be pushed aside for Multiverse stuff. Movie will probably still be good but I really just wanted them to continue from where they left off.
I agree. Unfortunately it seems like this is the struggle with Sony pulling more and more control with each movie of the MCU trilogy. I imagine for future movies to work, they need to explain Tom Holland existing in both the MCU and the Sony shit universe, so for now, we've got to deal with that compromise.

I felt that Civil War managed to balance being a follow up to the Winter Soldier storyline while also being an Avengers movie, so hopefully Spider-Man 3 can be a good MCU Spidey movie while also satisfying Sony's weird shit

Oct 27, 2017
So if we're looking at all the Spiderman films, which villains are likely to be coming back? So far we have Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx.

Green Goblin
New Goblin
Sandman
Venom
Lizard
Terrible Green Goblin
Terrible Rhino
Vulture
Scorpion
Mysterio

I think that's all the other villains from the films, not including the two confirmed so far. Dafoe would be awesome but honestly I'd be pretty happy with any of these actors getting another shot, with the exception of Topher Grace who I really didn't like, nor did I think he suited the role.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine how pissed people would be if he and Jamie Foxx are like JK Simmons not playing the same version of JJJ and not just reprising their roles from the other films.

BRB Tying to manifest it
I imagine that will be basically how they play it, as in these versions will have nods to the originals, but will be mostly brand new so they don't have to be overly concerned about maintaining continuity.

Besides, I can't imagine them taking Electro exactly as how he appeared in ASM2 without some tweaks to the design and character.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. Unfortunately it seems like this is the struggle with Sony pulling more and more control with each movie of the MCU trilogy. I imagine for future movies to work, they need to explain Tom Holland existing in both the MCU and the Sony shit universe, so for now, we've got to deal with that compromise.

I felt that Civil War managed to balance being a follow up to the Winter Soldier storyline while also being an Avengers movie, so hopefully Spider-Man 3 can be a good MCU Spidey movie while also satisfying Sony's weird shit

Sony just picks the date and puts up most of the budget. These Spidey movies are completely MCU/Feige controlled.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is definitely one way to get me to care about MCU Spidey after Far From Home. They better not fuck up though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com

Cindy Moon

Wait, what's happening?""Peter's not going to Washington.""No, no, no, no, no.Cindy Moon and Sally Avril Cindy Moon is an alumnus at the Midtown School of Science and Technology, and a former member of the school's decathlon team. At Midtown School of Science and Technology, Cindy Moon attended...

We already got a Silk. đź‘€