• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Feigu keep doing this to us DC fans when the Flash announced the multiverse first. Also why is WB so incompetent by announcing their projects years in advance only for their concepts to get stolen.

259946417097801729.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Initial Reaction: :O

But after a few minutes... hm... don't wanna be a downer but I'm a little unsure about how I feel about this lol. Multiverse stuff seems cool, but I find it a bit strange after Into the Spiderverse that they'd retread this idea again, and it just kinda comes across as a bit fanservicy I guess? I'll trust them on it, and if it's good, then great. I'm watching it anyway regardless haha.

This premise/script might have been part of the conditions to reunite Spidey and Marvel Studios after the first breakup in 2019.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
From the people who managed to make the Vulture cool and faithfully translate Mysterio to the big screen.

Just that fact has me excited about a film that could easily be coming from the same place as the Aunt May prequel idea Sony had to squeeze everything out of a 'Spider-Man Cinematic Universe'.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I have no idea what the fuck this movie is going to be at this point
But if we get Andrew and Tobey to come back one last time, I'm all in.
Even if the result is absolute trash, I don't care.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How is this movie not a two-parter yet?they are cramming so much shit and tobey and garfield are inevitable at this point and i doubt they are glorified cameos

I won't be surprised if this is where some shenanigans, we see the villains fighting other spidermans (Tobey and Garfield) and then the villains get pulled into the MCU. Tobey and Garfield will be cameos.
The villains on the other hand, are what Holland Spiderman has to handle. So reversed Spiderverse basically.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

But after a few minutes... hm... don't wanna be a downer but I'm a little unsure about how I feel about this lol. Multiverse stuff seems cool, but I find it a bit strange after Into the Spiderverse that they'd retread this idea again, and it just kinda comes across as a bit fanservicy I guess? I'll trust them on it, and if it's good, then great. I'm watching it anyway regardless haha.

I'm sure the success of Spider-Verse directly led to this, and yeah, it's fan service and I feel like it's another notch against Tom Holland getting his own story outside of the shadow of Tony Stark, but fuck it, this is just too good.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I could see this multiverse Sinister Six happening and I would totally ship it:

Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker, Scorpion.

I need Dane DeHaan's Green Goblin in there though. And Emma Stone's Spider-Gwen and Andrew Garfield to combat them.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
so is the new Dr. Strange starting this multiverse storyline or what

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Seems a bit weird to bring in villains that this Peter has zero attachment to but I guess depends on how big a part they have to play and how much the other two Spideys are in it. Not too hyped for this after the last film but I get why people are.

My guess is this is a universe where Peter fought them before his meeting with Stark.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
This is a dream come true if it truly happens, as someone that doesn't dislike the new movies but doesn't love them either I've been wanting Live Action Spiderverse the most, the possibility of seeing the characters I grew up with makes me so happy I can't wait to see it eventually happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Is Raimi directing this one along with Dr. Strange 2?

What's next?

Both Venoms?
JK Simmons doing grey haired/bald JJJ?
Maybe Bruce Campbell Mysterio in all his glory?

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
All I want is to see Tobey's Spider-Man again. With Elfman's theme.

Also some closure to Garfield's.

Holland could be a Cameo for all I care...

Oct 26, 2017
People are nerdgasming over the inclusion, but I feel like this breaks his character arc in Spider-Man 2 (which was beautifully executed).

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how we supposedly like those movies and just do not at all care about how this Doc Ock being "Doc Ock" again completely spits in the face of that ending.
How about we wait for more information before claiming people aren't 'real' fans of SM2 because we're excited about this news? We don't even know if it's the exact same Doc Ock from SM2. Jaime Foxx accidentally spoiled that his Electro wouldn't be the same Electro from TASM by saying he's not going to be blue this time around so who knows what they're actually doing with this.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Please break the 3rd movie curse! I remember being hyped by Venom in SM3. History better not repeat itself!

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck. I never had goosebumps reading a thread title before.

What. The. Fuck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
People are nerdgasming over the inclusion, but I feel like this breaks his character arc in Spider-Man 2 (which was beautifully executed).

I assume it's going to be an alternate timeline not in direct continuity of Spider-Man 2. Like, "here's an alternate spider-man 2 where its characters cross into the MCU." It's not going to be a "canon" sequel to SM2.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about we wait for more information before claiming people aren't 'real' fans of SM2 because we're excited about this news? We don't even know if it's the exact same Doc Ock from SM2. Jaime Foxx accidentally spoiled that his Electro wouldn't be the same Electro from TASM by saying he's not going to be blue this time around so who knows what they're actually doing with this.
I mean I'm hoping it's a similar situation but everyone here is just tripping over themselves for the most shallow nostalgia tickling, it always irks me.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

My assumption is that this is like Captain America 3 which was also Avengers 2.5. This will be Spider-man 3 but also Spiderverse 1.5 and I assume will include Miles Morales.