• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darksiders 4 reveal tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 113 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 158 58.3%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
An actual Strife game would be cool but I have a suspicion that Genesis was that.

They need to get on with it already though. I admire the commitment to the process, and I actually liked how 3 played despite the obvious budget limits but it would be nice if they just finished the saga so we don't wind up with a Shenmue deal.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I wish, Darksiders 3 felt like a super cool game imo, and I'd love to see another one built with the same core.

Also, technically Darksiders Genesis is the Strife game, innit?
They've said that it isn't a Strife game. So Darksiders 4 would be the Strife game assuming they aren't ready for the 4-player co-op yet...assuming they stick with that.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Darksiders 4 would be cool, but I really want to see how the Switch port of 3 looks. It's due out in two weeks and we haven't seen a single second of footage or any screenshots.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
An actual Strife game would be cool but I have a suspicion that Genesis was that.

They need to get on with it already though. I admire the commitment to the process, and I actually liked how 3 played despite the obvious budget limits but it would be nice if they just finished the saga so we don't wind up with a Shenmue deal.
They said Genesis wasn't that but it takes time to make these games. They went from a collapsed studio to releasing Darksiders 3 less than 3 years ago and Genesis 1-2 years ago. They are working and their latest releases are still new.

Gunfire games (Darksiders 3) also did Remnant in 2019 and Airship Syndicate (Genesis) is finishing up that Ruined King LoL game too.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Trolling and Community Generalizations; History of Similar Behavior Including a Severe ban for Sinophobic Generalizations
Where's the showcase gonna be? Youtube? Twitch? A site for nazis and pedophiles?

Love how the "progressive" resetera has moved past that btw lol.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Maybe a CG trailer and a vague "2022" release timeframe. That is, just the confirmation the game exists and is being made.

Not in a hurry tbh, I know the pandemic certainly fucked up anything that may have been brewing over there.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a CG trailer and a vague "2022" release timeframe. That is, just the confirmation the game exists and is being made.

Not in a hurry tbh, I know the pandemic certainly fucked up anything that may have been brewing over there.

You can tell pandemic delays have conditioned people here because the poll is pretty low even though IMO there's like a 80-90% chance they'll announce Darksiders 4 even if it's just with a CG teaser.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
after all Darksiders games being very different and apart, i can't wait to see what kind of beast Darksiders 4 will be.

imo, 2 was the most cool and best game so i would want that vein.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yes, but it will be yet another side story set 3 minutes before the first game in a pocket hell dimension and you'll play as strife again.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Hopefully it actually continues the plot from the end of the first game instead of being yet another sidestory or something.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think the Strife game was genesis unless they are doing a solo Strife adventure. Would be real cool but I'd want a game with all 4 horsemen at this current point because I didn't like Genesis much as it was an unbelievable mess of glitches.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
It's about time they do something with the Timesplitters license they bought years ago.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I certainly hope so, but realistically I doubt it.
Wasn't it Gunfire Games that did the first few, then they pivoted to an isometric view (Darksiders Genesis) which was done by Airship Syndicate. That same team is now working on another project entirely.

So no idea where the Darksiders IP is at.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Hoping for the announcement of professional consequences for Philipp Brock and Reinhard Pollice, the THQ Nordic directors responsible for signal boosting 8chan, a hive of pedophiles, Nazis and terrorists.

they are still there running things? good lord...

Oh that I have no issue, I'm down for that~

that's why even with the looting it's my favorite game overall, the sheer atmosphere, mythos expansion and really cool worlds we got was incredible, also: Death rules so hard.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Titan Quest 2 is actually a thing or is this something people are hoping for?

I guess Volition showed everything they wanted to show off for the new Saints Row so I'm not expecting more info until much closer to release.

A Darksiders 4 that picks up immediately up at the end of one would be nice though.

They also acquired the Kingdoms of Amalur IP. Would be nice to revisit that universe again.

Did ELEX II get a proper announcement? More info on the Gothic remake would be interesting.

EDIT: I forgot Volition is Deep Silver so I guess disregard that. I am just remembering they used to be under the THQ branding.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I think they'll announce Darksiders 4, and then announce it's been delayed immediately after the show concludes.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
if so, i legitimately hope its the last entry in main series, and returns to War as the main protagonist, maybe with some unique contextual character switching or optional co-op included. im really interested in this franchise and story, but i want to see it wrapped up satisfactorily while the opportunity exists and before too much time has passed (that recent GoW:R interview with Barlog really vocalized a lot of my feelings re: development time and story telling).

also, i guess im not that invested in Strife (i still wish theyd found some conceit for Genesis to star angel and demon dual PCs instead of War and Strife, tbh) as i am in War or all of them as a unit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
a 4 player co-op Darksiders 4 with all the horsemen?

I don't think this is ever going to happen the way people would want it to, I'm afraid. Darksiders 3 was already terrible enough, I can't imagine how much of a mess a game trying to reasonably incorporate all four Horsemen would be outside of some stripped-down thing like Genesis.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Darksiders 3, but I just can't see Darksiders 4 there. Did Darksiders 3 do well? I thought I read in an interview at one point that more Darksiders would depend on how well #3 did?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
They stil lhave the announced DLC coming for Amalur Reckoning.

Yeah they said it was still coming this year but haven't yet announced a release date
www.eurogamer.net

Kingdoms of Amalur's new DLC Fatesworn still coming, developer says

Fatesworn, the new expansion for last year's Kingdoms of Amalur remaster, is still in production and almost done.That's…
There is a screenshot of the new town part of the update but still the small DLC doesn't necessarily mean they can't or won't have a sequel in the planning.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I'd like:

1. BattleChasers 2
2. Help beating the final boss in Darksiders Genesis
3. A reason to try Kingdom's of Amular again

those would be nice.
Mostly #2.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Genesis doesn't count, hoping for Gun-kata inspired, action adventure with Strife as the solo Protagonist. Also let's get back to the Zelda like of Darksiders 1 please!

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to 3 and Genesis recently, I'm ready for a new one. Hopefully one that's not all jank and broken but I guess that's the budget tier these games are in these days.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Finally got around to 3 and Genesis recently, I'm ready for a new one. Hopefully one that's not all jank and broken but I guess that's the budget tier these games are in these days.
I mean, the franchise now has 4 games and only 1 of them ever had a particularly large budget (which then killed the publisher). Not really a "these days".

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't care about continuing the cliffhanger from DS1 anymore. It's been 11 years and last time this was brought up people said they still want to make another game for Strife before continuing from that cliffhanger...