• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me!? Jesus, if I get a new Gothic game or even a remake, my god. I'm a bit worried about them nailing the combat because they've been so hit or miss with that. Gothic 1 and 2 had fairly simple yet very intuitive and effective combat systems. Risen 1 had the best combat system but their other games have very sloppy combat.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Q: Ok, got it. But if we want the full game, how long do we have to wait?

A: Quite some time. We will only start full production if the community demands a Gothic Remake. In order to do so, we will need to grow the development team and rebuild Gothic from scratch

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, did not expect that. Is it going to feature the same kind of jank? I hope this lives up to Gothic 2.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
i did recently play arcania and really liked the Game....

if they Make Gothic 1,2&3 remaster or remake then i'll be for Sure day 0

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hope enough people voice their support for a full Remake. Would love that, also hope they can get In Extremo back for another ingame concert.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually bite. This is the series people always bring up when i talk about how much I loved Morrownd. Definitely interested.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for that jank. Wonder if it does well enough we will get 2 as well.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So this project is in development at a brand new internal studio:

THQ Nordic Barcelona based in Barcelona, Spain was started in 2018 to work on a medieval RPG which was turned into a Gothic project. The team is currently in inception phase and is looking to become a complete team in 2020.

ELr2INLX0AELgh1.png

As for Piranha Bytes:

Q: Is Piranha Bytes involved in the project?

A: No! Piranha Bytes is working hard on a different project, which will be announced in 2020.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. :O

Gothic 1 was rough but it was still super ambitious in terms of player choice. If they can keep all of that intact but make it much more playable, that would be cool.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

The old footage is more evocative and the remade graphics show no attempt to recreate the Gothic atmosphere. Check 1:10 how the walls are used to channel the eyeline towards the tower looming in the background, whereas in the new video they just guide the players down a narrow corridor towards something of no greater visual importance than anything else passing by and left behind.

I hope that's not actually a comparison of the same location in the game. It's still amazing how much thought and craft was put into this old rough-edged gem of a game.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The teaser is out on Steam now. It'll be in your library if you own any PB game.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
There's a german gameplay video by Gronkh and there's a demo available on Steam as well.

But god damn, this looks so bad, it's almost hilarious.
The developers apparently don't know what made Gothic great in the first place. It sure weren't constant cutscenes, hud and tutorial pop-ups, life bars, loot and quest trackers... my god. They couldn't be further from Gothic if they tried.

Last edited:

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Omfg where did this suddenly come from?! Hype!

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Downloading now! It's very important they get the fundamentals of this game right, I hope they do.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Gothic rules so I'll give this demo a try. I'm a little wary but I'll go into it openminded and hope for the best.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Gothic 1 and 2 are both some of my favourite games of all time. Gothic 2 IS my favourite game of all time depending on when you ask me. My first thought is that this is amazing, my second thought is that I don't trust THQ to get this right. Those games are already damn near perfect in my eyes and I don't think they can pull this off and do it justice.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
That looks fucking horrendous. Some of the mods people are working on are looking way better.

Oct 28, 2017
wtf omg. Fans have demanded a remake for ages. I thought this would never happen.

Gothic was my first RPG. G2 is a masterpiece. Don't know if this will be better than the existing HD mods... but it's a reminder that I should go back and replay G2 ;)