• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Not trying to defend THQ here for this debacle, but I hope people don't boycott their games because of it. I guarantee that devs making Biomutant or any of their other IPs were not signing off on AMAs at 8-chan. People are free to boycott as they see fit, but to me, it just seems like misguided anger if you boycott someone's hard work over some exec's horrific blunder.
If people don't want to give their money to THQ Nordic for this, that doesn't seem like misguided anger to me. It seems like perfectly well-guided anger. I'm not sure what other course of action you're advocating, but doing something like writing a disappointed Tweet at THQ Nordic and then still buying their games achieves the sum total of nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing is like watching a nuclear bomb going off from upright close. I have the feeling this will change the future of the whole company and everyone attached to it if there are no appropriate measures taken by tomorrow.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
They won because the internet, including you, are making a big story out of it. It's fascinating how this works. It's really strange. They are getting the attention.

That may be similar to huge celebrities giving concerts in prisions. You know, prisions are full of all kinds of bad people, yet they do it and usually it ends up "being cool" for some reason. I suspect something similar could or already has happend in this particular scenario here.

1A, 3A, 4A.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So they definitely knew what they were doing, but didn't anticipate any backlash?

I can't. I can't even. I couldn't possibly. I cannot comprehend. System error!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

lol

"didn't know"

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When I heard THQ Nordic was expanding, I didn't realize that expansion included pedophiles.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of 8chan before but this was pretty funny, I can laugh at this mistake of theirs, sure very silly of them but seems like an honest mistake.
Nothing about this seems like an honest mistake. WTF are you smoking. They were warned before the AMA started. A simple google search tells you everything you need to know about the site. They saw the kind of language, sub boards, images and responses they were getting on the site. They continued to engage people despite it. They joined in with their own shitty takes.

This was deliberate.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Did you see Phillips replies in the AMA?

Only saw the apology and them not knowing what 8chan was, I can understand I didn't know either but the moment they went on there is when they should have left, or rather just gone thdre before doing the review and then backed out, at least that's what I would have done Don't know if those replies are legit or not as people here said you can use others names. So yes silly of them.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
do you think sony microsoft and nintendo might pull their games from the digital shops?
Lmao no don't be ridiculous. What's likely going to happen is this is someone or some people just get fired.

Never heard of 8chan before but this was pretty funny, I can laugh at this mistake of theirs, sure very silly of them but seems like an honest mistake.

When you work in PR you are expected to check and research the background of potential partners and clients extensively. It's sort of how you avoid things like this happening. Even if it is "just a mistake", it is a complete failure at public relations, a window into incompetency to the fullest extent imaginable.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Man, how the fuck do you recover from this.

I wonder if we will here something official from the higher ups.

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing is like watching a nuclear bomb going off from upright close. I have the feeling this will change the future of the whole company and everyone attached to it if there are no appropriate measures are taken by tomorrow.

Nothing short of mass firings at the management level of their PR department an apology and maybe helping organizations that fight child abuse can mend this

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Not trying to defend THQ here for this debacle, but I hope people don't boycott their games because of it. I guarantee that devs making Biomutant or any of their other IPs were not signing off on AMAs at 8-chan. People are free to boycott as they see fit, but to me, it just seems like misguided anger if you boycott someone's hard work over some exec's horrific blunder.
Putting your money where your values are is the only legit form of showing your values.
THQ Isn't getting my money again.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Or they admit it was a mistake and move on. JFC
A reminder that during the AMA

A. the guy literally responded to the question, "Where are the big tiddy underage girls at?" which included a pic btw,

with:
D0WZ8NnWkAEvbTW.png

They can't feign ignorance about the website.

B. One of the first replies to the tweet was a this:

C. The account literally liked this tweet during the whole debacle.
D0WqgFkXQAY_lkI.jpg

OP has done a good job staying updated with all this information. They can't feign ignorance or go "our bad we didn't know about the website."

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"We work it like an alien prostitute"
"you already got your big tiddie lolis I'd say"
"Yeah we'll try to keep away from SJWs"

"Guys uhm....I didn't know this site was toxic before agreeing to do an AMA on it, honest."

LMAO

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
This is truly absurd.

It's unfathomable that this would happen. His position as Marketing and PR Director is untenable and he has to be dismissed or resign after this? Surely?

It's completely unacceptable for any self-respecting company, let alone one the size of THQ Nordic and their future aspirations of growth.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely doesn't seem like a mistake. You don't end up on particular cesspools like 8chan by "mistake."

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whilst these posts are funny, this is seriously fucked up. Mindblowing to me that Marketing & PR "didn't" research this one and an entire department okayed it. Literally one of the absolute worst cesspools on the entire internet "yeah, okay, let's market our game with them!"
You just have to look at the answers they gave. The knew exactly what they were doing. Don't believe their bullshit excuses.