• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
THQ tomorrow morning
giphy.gif

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
There has to be no recovery from this after tonight. This cannot end with them going "Whoops" and then acting like everyone will forget.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I
Ditto, i feel as if people are looking for ways to get offended. While that board is gross and NSFW, I cant see how this one AMA causes people to completely blacklist a company who've up until now have had a good reputation.
I mean, there is a reason to be offended.

Well I really wanted to buy Ori and Cuphead on Switch and was really onboard with THQ, but fuck all of that I guess.

ARE THEY HIGH?!
You could still buy it digital

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a firm believer that a company's culture starts from the top. If head honchos in PR and Marketig gave the okay to this then good lord, makes me question everything else about the company also.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I literally had no idea that such a site existed. I thought 4chan is the worst that non-Darknet internet has to offer. Holy fuck at 8chan, though...

The fuck were those THQ employees thinking?

Oct 25, 2017
I do. These are decisionmakers, and the face of the company. If they're spreading direct and indirect harm by co-promoting something like 8Chan, then it needs to be cut off from the industry like a mangled limb. The result is awful for those affected, but the people behind this are central to the company.

I mean, Coffe Stain was bought by them and following them on twitter and the likes, i'm sure they're 100% against this. But yeah, the people on PR that were responsible for this need to be immediately fired and they need to make a statement about this shit

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's not a hack.

This isn't to say that they won't claim it's a hack later, but it's not a hack.
Welp.

Is it just me who have always felt like THQ is that big publisher that you know is big but keeps low profile? This might be one of the most surprising events in a long time, and we've had some big negative surprises lasf few years.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Ditto, i feel as if people are looking for ways to get offended. While that board is gross and NSFW, I cant see how this one AMA causes people to completely blacklist a company who've up until now have had a good reputation.

1. The move was approved by the head of PR.

2. THE SITE IS BLACKLISTED BY GOOGLE AND MOST ISPs!

Oct 25, 2017
This situation keeps getting worse and weirder.
Only thing that'd make sense is if the PR director is an 8channer. And looking at some screencaps on twitter, he might just be.

Surely someone who frequents the place would know better than anybody how it could backfire? That's the part that impresses me, that they didn't consider that it wasn't worth the risk, not that they're ok with hosting an AMA there. They could still frequent the place and be ok with it, but think it's a better idea from a PR perspective to just have it on Reddit.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It's not that the site is gross and nsfw (although that's bad too of course), it's that it was the base HQ of Gamergate its harassment campaigns.

This is THQ Nordic very clearly showing colors.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking HELL dude. I was looking forward to playing Darksiders on Switch, but now I don't know if I can support this publisher.

They have 24 hours to convince me that this in no way represents the brand, and to fire the dumbasses responsible for this. If they don't, then I guess I just ignore THQN forever, as well as any North American subsidiary who assists them in promoting their games. This is really sad.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: inappropriate commentary
Wonder how many employees at THQ Nordic are huge fans of Anders Breivik.

Nazis never really went away in Scandinavia.

[mod edit: reverted post to pre-edit content]

Last edited by a moderator:

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
It's not that the site is gross and nsfw (although that's bad too of course), it's that it was the base HQ of Gamergate its harassment campaigns.

This is THQ Nordic very clearly showing colors.
I think showing colors is a stretch, this might just be bad PR after all. If not then you have a point.

imagine rationalizing the support of child predator safehavens

You would THINK that, it is a common mentality to have amongst people to not do that but Era once again surprises me
This is a leap in logic. I show no support, hell never even heard of the site up until now. This just might be a case of bad PR, most people here are reactionary and piggyback off other opinions. We can have civil discussions without being accused of supporting child predators, come on now.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

imagine rationalizing the support of child predator safehavens

You would THINK that, it is a common mentality to have amongst people to not do that but Era once again surprises me