• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Is everyone at THQ Nordic sleeping? They need to do something goddammit.

It's almost 8 p.m. in Sweden, so response could be slow, especially if they had no idea this was happening. If the people in charge of their social accounts are incompetent, it's possible they're still trying to wrest control of the profile again, especially if passwords were changed.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hey. I'm never buying anything they publish ever again! I had an interest in BioMutant and just cancelled my preorder. Fuck off, THQ. Hopefully your pedophile nazi fanbase will support you.
aww fuck i was looking forward to BioMutant too didnt know it was them, well shit shame they had to be stupid like this.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Just looking at the kinda of posts being made on 8Chan you can conclude this is not them ..

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't working hours be over for the company? Assuming everyone they employ works where the company is housed..

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
How in the fuck did anyone even think of this as an idea, let alone a good one?

Did nobody involved with approving this actually do any research?

It's actually somehow worse than that, because 8chan doesn't have nearly the same mindshare that 4chan does. The most likely way THQ Nordic even knew 8chan was a thing was if someone actually knew what 8chan was beforehand. Which means that person had to already know why 8chan is a thing at all.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are not on commercial hours over there, it's possible that people at the company didn't even see this yet
I wonder - if it is a hack - if they locked them out of the Twitter account, abut even then you'd think they'd just use their Facebook to send a message.

Surely other employees must be following the official account, and surely those other employees' social media accounts haven't been compromised.

Not that it's the duty of every THQ employee to comment on these matters, but it seems bizarre to me that there's been essentially nothing from anyone.

I would be shocked if no other THQ employee was aware of the situation right now.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
This went from "YIKES! gross" to "I have to seriously reconsider buying stuff published by THQ".

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Why would THQ Nordic do an AMA on 8chan"

I think the 9 pages of responses to this is your answer.

What do you think they're doing, selling stock or something? How does a major company turn this into a profit?

This sort of logic might hold up if they were like, promoting some game they're releasing today, but somehow I doubt this was all for pimping the Switch version of Rad Rodgers.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
giphy.webp

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
"Why would THQ Nordic do an AMA on 8chan"

I think the 9 pages of responses to this is your answer.
Why would THQ kidnapp a bunch of people?
Did you not see the coverage by CNN?

If you think being associated with 8chan is not going to have negative consequences that outweigh the benefits you need to do more research.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. Just a few seconds ago you defended their actions, because they are getting attention right now.

Their motivations were pretty obvious in the first reply telling others not to talk about the topic. It becomes a whole other level of transparent (and predictable) when they "somehow" direct all their responses to defend what's happening.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Surely someone would have noticed that shit is going down at 6:30PM on a Tuesday. It's not like it's 2AM on Austria, come on.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's been over an hour. This wasn't a hack, and there's no way THQN's management didn't know about this before hand. Might as well accept that now.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can we just ban the fucking "Well you guys are talking about it aren't you!?" hot takes at this point because Jesus Christ.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
OH MY GOD THIS IS LEGIT?!!

holy fuck

okay i think we already have our winner for screw up of the year.