• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ

Battle for Bikini Bottom HD is gonna get cancelled because of some 8chan fuckhead

And that's not remotely the worst part of this situation.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Seeing some screenshots of their replies on 8chan on Discord and this just doesn't seem right. It sounds really off.

But maybe I just want to believe that they got hacked or something.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

YIKES

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Surely they must have been hacked? Because Jesus fuckin Christ wtf. A 4chan would already be insane, but fucking 8chan, the gamergate headquarters with pedophile boards? WHAT THE FUCK

One of the first posts in that thread is an image of a 10 year old practically naked anime girl with greeting from the "Heil Hitler" brothers. What is wrong with those people. What is wrong with THQ Nordic.

Here's hoping their only answer will be: What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
This definitely blew up on Twitter so they'll get a lot of attention

but, uh

giphy.gif

THQ PR already won, I'm not even joking. It's an insane move, but somehow they won.

Also, I don't know, this news gave me a strange feeling: I'm feeling some kind of excitement like a 12 year old who's done something wrong and suddenly feels edgy...

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
They had to have been hacked, right? There's no way any PR person would allow this, is there? My mind can't comprehend the level of yikes required for this to be legitimate.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I only saw a screenshot, but the original thread is from yesterday, saying that the PR & Marketing Director and the Business & Product Development Director are the ones answering. Plus, the fact that they apparently gave a code as someone mentioned earlier makes it seem like it's not a hack.

YIKES.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Holy Fuck this is a bad outlook, nobody will let this die, and deservedly so. Public Apology and complete shutdown of the AMA right now or have fun with months of harassment and scandal headlines.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing some screenshots of their replies on 8chan on Discord and this just doesn't seem right. It sounds really off.

But maybe I just want to believe that they got hacked or something.
It's either an AMA authorized by THQ Nordic PR, or some dipshit that works there went rogue.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
giphy.gif

THQ PR already won, I'm not even joking. It's an insane move, but somehow they won.

Also, I don't know, this news gave me a strange feeling: I'm feeling some kind of excitement like a 12 year old who's done something wrong and suddenly feels edgy...

any smart consumer would report this shit to Viacom but no tell me more how do you win being associated with CP

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to go with "Someone @ THQ Nordic is holding an AMA on 8chan" rather than throw the whole company under the bus.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
This is definitely someone who got control of their Twitter account. Obviously any shmuck can set up the AMA on 8chan. There's nooooo way this is official PR, unless it's someone who's trying to quit as disruptively as possible.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
This is the biggest yikes ever. I'm truly hoping for a "we were hacked" situation, but reading about the codes giveaways... oof.

Edit: ah, yeah, good point about the codes.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely someone who got control of their Twitter account. Obviously any shmuck can set up the AMA on 8chan. There's nooooo way this is official PR, unless it's someone who's trying to quit as disruptively as possible.
They're handing out functional codes for free games.