• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It doesn't, one dumb AMA stunt does not equal support for what other people posted on that site particularly when the CEO of the entire company in no uncertain terms apologized. Guilt by association is bad.

Everyone else is still there in pretty high-ranking positions. The business and product development director is still Reinhard Pollice, who was one of the AMA responders. If they want to spare the company its current reputation they should have gotten out when this was news. This isn't something you can just say "sorry" about and expect to move on from. There has been zero accountability, and the fact that the OP here is like "let's sweep this shit under the rug" is encouragement for it to never happen.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone else is still there in pretty high-ranking positions. The business and product development director is still Reinhard Pollice, who was one of the AMA responders. If they want to spare the company its current reputation they should have gotten out when this was news. This isn't something you can just say "sorry" about and expect to move on from. There has been zero accountability, and the fact that the OP here is like "let's sweep this shit under the rug" is encouragement for it to never happen.

this bothers me a lot. Not just here but in the media outlets as well. Sadly, I predicted this already though.

Alright, let me know when they do. Prove me wrong. let me know when nickoloden and viacom get grilled about this, let me know when the gaming press continue to pursue THQ about this. Thing is, i bet they already forgot.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, does it? It's a game made by less than 20 people, last time I checked, so I imagine this is as good as it gets. Where's the release date though? I've seen more than enough of the game.
I still think it looks rough. Still not release date afaik. You can preorder collector's editions now though so it must be soonish.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I would be really interedted in a Gothic 1/2 remaster. I tried getting into them but the controls were just too old school for me
The controls were too old school back when the game was released! Apparently they were like that because they were building it around the Playstation controller Dpad (the original pad, not the dual shock!), of course a Playstation version was never actually made but the game stayed that way through development. I still love it to death though.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't, one dumb AMA stunt does not equal support for what other people posted on that site particularly when the CEO of the entire company in no uncertain terms apologized. Guilt by association is bad.
This apology was a huge crock of shit and no repercussions. It was a boilerplate minimum effort that took days to come, with no repercussions.
That shit is so dishonest it's insulting :
Even if no one within the THQ Nordic Group would ever endorse such content, I realize simply appearing there gave an implicit impression that we did.
No one wanders into 8chan.

So yeah, THQN is still associated to a breeding ground for Nazi terrorists, because they chose to go there and tried to sweep it under the rug.

Respectfully disagree. This is something many people can and have moved on from, because they were satisfied with the outcome that has already happened.
Well yeah, like people are prone to forgive heated gaming moments.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People trying oh so hard to blur harassment with refusing to forget about going out of your way to support and signal boost the pedo shit pit of 8 chan by participating in their pedo banter. Among other horrible things.

This wont ever go away until there is a meaningful response with meaningful action and at no point does that demand become unacceptable, even if it gets in the way of people's video game hype threads. Thats on THQ, this is all on THQ.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would rather just ban THQ nordic from the forum altogether instead of opening up a topic about a game I'm intrested in only if only to find out the discussion is not about the game

Seriously at this point please do, just have a blanket "heres why we dont discuss thq nordic" thing at the top of the gaming forum and let people fight it out in that thread.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I hope that isn't the case. All the main games are single player action adventure games. While it makes sense for all 4 to team up in the final game, I wouldn't like the series to suddenly have a co-op focus when every and before it didn't.
Yeah, I dunno if they'll actually do co-op, but the 5th game will be the sequel to the 1st with all horsemen reunited, so it seems logical.

Ofc, if they do something like Legacy of Kain: Defiance and just give us alternating character's chapters for one big story, I won't mind, since I really don't care for multi-player games.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Where is the panel that discusses how being racist and making games is an ok business decision.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
People trying oh so hard to blur harassment with refusing to forget about going out of your way to support and signal boost the pedo shit pit of 8 chan by participating in their pedo banter. Among other horrible things.

This wont ever go away until there is a meaningful response with meaningful action and at no point does that demand become unacceptable, even if it gets in the way of people's video game hype threads. Thats on THQ, this is all on THQ.
Exactly. Shitty company doing shitty things. Not saying sorry or anything. Just hopeful it goes away.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I am saying is that just because those morons from THQN did AMA there does not mean they support or condone everything that other morons post there.

It would be like saying all holywood celebrities support racism because they did AMA on reddit when reddit had (probably still has) many heinous boards and people posting on them.

And we do not know what happened internally. Maybe they got some internal punishment and one last chance, who knows. But clearly it was felt to be severe fuck up enough that the CEO of the group apologized.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It would be like saying all holywood celebrities support racism because they did AMA on reddit when reddit had (probably still has) many heinous boards and people posting on them.

Sure. But reddit is also used by a way larger audience and, like, can be found on google. I don't love reddit but it's more along the lines of Twitter or Facebook for size and thus I can accept someone using the site to help promote their work.

They didn't pick 8chan because it was big, because it isn't. They picked 8chan because it was 8chan.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see anything here that's a must-play. there are so many games, I'll never have time to play them all, so I'm certainly not gonna make time for b games put out by this awful company. very easy choice to make for me. sucks for the devs stuck in a contract with them tho.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
All I am saying is that just because those morons from THQN did AMA there does not mean they support or condone everything that other morons post there.

And we do not know what happened internally. Maybe they got some internal punishment and one last chance, who knows. But clearly it was felt to be severe fuck up enough that the CEO of the group apologized.
That they still have their high-ranking positions shows some form of complicity with what they were promoting and supporting because their "apology" was just to shove the whole thing that many are still concerned about under the rug to get the fans that only care about the games to not have to worry about whatever problematic stuff was and may still be going on.

Your last sentence is the whole problem. They did not make a sufficient apology and statement on what they planned to do show some amount of remorse for what they had done. Whether that's firing the PR manager and board member that were directly involved among others, sincere statements from them with some concrete plan of action to show they've learned from their huge mistakes, or even donating to charities relating to child sex trafficking and other related causes. Instead of any of that, they did nothing and effectively gives those concerned no reason to trust that anything will change. Look at what 3D Realms said in response to what the Ion Fury devs did as something that gives fans and potential fans some confidence that things will change and that shit won't happen again.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really getting tiring seeing every THQ Nordic thread being reduced to talking about the AMA. I mean, you have a thread for that. What more is there to say about it? Don't like the company anymore? I honestly don't care.

What do we want: SUMMONER HD REMASTER

When do we want it: NOW

(this worked for Jane Foster Thor!)

And Summoner 2. Don't forget summoner 2! It'd love a budget "collection" release. Have so many fond memories of Summoner 2.

Last edited:

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

An apology without action are words without meaning.

As far as the public is aware, literally nothing was done about this.

People were pointing out directly to them what 8chan was when the AMA happened, and they did not care. There is enough credible evidence from when it happened that in fact they were exactly aware with what 8chan was ahead of time, and still pushed on.

Reddit wasn't created to be a shelter for pedophiles. 8chan was. That's the difference here. That was 8chan's primary purpose (along with being a refuge camp for 4channers that were banned when gamergate discussion was banned from 4chan). That you would associate with that, in any way, means you condone, or want to turn a blind eye, to what they are.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I would rather just ban THQ nordic from the forum altogether instead of opening up a topic about a game I'm intrested in only if only to find out the discussion is not about the game
Agreed. At this point there's little to any discussion to be had. I imagine CDPR/Cyberpunk and others will be the same thing to different levels as well.

So very tired of every THQN thread devolving into this kind of shitstorm. If you want to make some passing comment about the activities of the head honchos, sure, go for it, but at least try and fucking engage in the discussion at hand. You don't step into Activision threads and rattle on about how they're happy to fire people at the drop of a hat, or how they do all sorts of insane stuff with crunch, do you? Where does the line lie with evil? Whatever, back to the topic at hand.

That Darksiders game looks like a good direction to take the franchise, especially since they appear to be barely scraping by with the big projects they try with the IP as of now. Will be nice to see more of it.
Keep in mind this is the Battle Chasers team doing it and not Gunfire I believe. Or there's a collaboration of sorts. They're basicaly repurposing (from what I can tell) the engine for Battle Chasers for action combat.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Darksiders Genesis is being built in Unreal Engine 4, and Battle Chasers: Nightwar was built in Unity. So the engines are different, but I agree that the games have similar vibes. :)
My bad I was off base. It looked like the same exact camera and engine from first glance.

I imagine they took what they learned in Unity and applied it to Unreal due to all the problems they had with Unity originally, but maybe they'll go back to it for their next game who knows.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Any footage from Wreckfest on console?

The game releases on the 27th and there´s no marketing whatsoever. This after being delayed from November last year.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really getting tiring seeing every THQ Nordic thread being reduced to talking about the AMA. I mean, you have a thread for that. What more is there to say about it? Don't like the company anymore? I honestly don't care.

And Summoner 2. Don't forget summoner 2! It'd love a budget "collection" release. Have so many fond memories of Summoner 2.
Hey, you can easily help solve it by making them actually hold the responsible parties accountable. Otherwise, nobody cares about your little pity party.

Absurdeity

Jun 2, 2018
It's time for Gothic 1/2 remaster. Or a full blown Gothic IV. I will be repeating this message in every THQN thread.
1DXEhe2.png

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Did you read the OP?
Hah. Well, that comment was at the bottom of everything. Additionally, did you say this to everyone whi made these types of comments? Anyway, I still feel that his company should have their feet held to the fire for what they pulled. Game companies should not think that they get to being politically slanted one way or another and not get burned for it. Better for a company to be politically neutral. Give me a break they were in 4chan. Might as well have the next one on 8chan....

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is every damn THQ Nordic thread gonna be hijacked? Don't you guys already have a thread to complain in?

I'm super excited for Darksiders Genesis. I guess I just assumed you could play as all 4 horsemen, though. Only playing as War and Strife is kinda disappointing.