• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Nice, maybe we can a sequel now. Outcast was way way ahead of its time in the open world genre, beating GTA, but it flew under the radar back then and I was only aware of it because of French gaming magazine, Joystick, raving about it.

doctorcdcs

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, this is outta left field for me

Yo THQ Nordic,

Buy advent rising and bring that back! I need to know what happens next!

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus dude either stacking up for next gen to be a big third party dev or they...you know what I don't even wanna think about nothing negative let's go with that

Yo....I know this is only THQ in name, but the guy who runs this company is one savvy dude. I really like this consistant and gradual growth from AA to AAA. On top of that, they're expanding their portfolio. I really want to see them soaring next gen. Show these bloated AAA publishers how its done!

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus dude either stacking up for next gen to be a big third party dev or they...you know what I don't even wanna think about nothing negative let's go with that

Yo....I know this is only THQ in name, but the guy who runs this company is one savvy dude. I really like this consistant and gradual growth from AA to AAA. On top of that, they're expanding their portfolio. I really want to see them soaring next gen. Show these bloated AAA publishers how its done!

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I think I've only played Darksiders 3 from the "new" THQ and that turned out to be pretty good. If we get more games of that quality, I am cool with them buying "Dead" ips. The outcas universe has some potential.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Now to just get them to purchase the Myth IP from take2...

I loved Outcast, hope whatever they do with it works out. I mean at this point I'll take just about any open world sci-fi rpg since we don't get many of them.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Nice, maybe we can a sequel now. Outcast was way way ahead of its time in the open world genre, beating GTA, but it flew under the radar back then and I was only aware of it because of French gaming magazine, Joystick, raving about it.

Shenmue was out the same year.

Also, they were both preceded by a game on the original PlayStation in 1998 called Mizzurna Falls

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Hope They do something with of. The first is one of my favorite games ever. Was looking forward to the sequel Untill it got cancelled.... Like 15 years ago

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
And the library of game THQ have keeps growing.

I wonder does anyone know where we could suggest some games for them to grab if they're still in the buying season?

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
the sequel everyone was asking after the first game and was always shot down?

and who is going to do that? A THQ Nordic Studio?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is good and all, but they should probably start being more concern about developing for the IPs they have rather than buying more of them.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I guess that Second Contact didn't do very well then. On one hand, maybe the IP has a future now, but then I'm not sure I want to see Outcast continue without what's left of Appeal.