• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
EDIT: While this may change the topic for the thread a bit the ramp in this area is the famous "Animal Chin" ramp which to me is also very cool

***ORIGINAL THREAD****

Sooooo do not read forward if you do not want to be spoiled on one of the final reveals of THPS 1+2.

In the final secret level of THPS 1+2 (skate heaven) you can enter a secret area following the video below.

Seems pretty inconsequential at first glance. Some evergreen trees and other woody art assets. So what?

Well those assets aren't anywhere else in the game because this type of environment wasn't in THPS 1 or 2 but it was in THPS 3

THPS3 levels incoming?

Last edited:

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
THPS 3+4 is a given considering how well this will sell, but still nice to have a "preview"

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's anything, other than setdressing for a section that was empty in the original game:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a huge reach.

However, I think it's coming anyway.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
That's it?

I was hoping for a statement about the two timelines finally unified.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't think a couple of trees point to anything but I think 3 and 4s levels would fit right in.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
THPS 3 DLC would make a lot of sense for this game, as it already has the basic game mechanics in place for it.

I think THPS 4 would need to be it's own game, because of the big changes / open world mission structure, making it harder to incorporate into this one. Unless they just took the levels and just made their own challenges in the same style as 1 - 3 but it wouldn't really be THPS 4 then.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
THPS 3 DLC would make a lot of sense for this game, as it already has the basic game mechanics in place for it.

I think THPS 4 would need to be it's own game, because of the big changes / open world mission structure, making it harder to incorporate into this one. Unless they just took the levels and just made their own challenges in the same style as 1 - 3 but it wouldn't really be THPS 4 then.
THPS 4 would work way better with THUG 1 in a collection, given how their structure and tone are more or less the same, even more than THUG 1 and THUG 2.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
thug 1+2 is gonna be lit as fuk
original

People aren't ready for 4k Eric Sparrow

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
It's just some trees. Yes, they're unique assets but I don't think this points to THPS3 at all. Would obviously still love 3+4, or even THUG1+2.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they will put DLC in for other THPS games. They'll most likely do a THPS3+4 version next year. In order to make it truly authentic they need more music licensing and such.

OP
OP
sn00zer

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
While this may change the topic for the thread a bit the ramp in this area is the famous "Animal Chin" ramp which to me is also very cool

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
A whole games content as DLC would be weird. I think a second 3+4 Product is more likely. The only DLC I can see for this game is cosmetic or time saver currency. This would be in line with Crash Team Racing.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That's when the series lost me.

I love the THPS1, 2, 3 formula.

Making it open world took away what I liked about the game.
THUG 1 and 2 are not open world though, they're level based and not that big. Only not time run based, but objective based instead.

THUG 1 in particular might have the best levels in the whole series IMO

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I'd buy a THPS3+4, and I'd also buy a THUG1+2.

After that though, I think I'd stop, I didn't like THAW or anything that followed.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They should just slowly turn the game into the Tony Hawk Collection like Master Chief Collection.

Let me play THPS1/2/3/4THUG1/2 within the same collection.

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
THPS3 DLC makes a lot of sense, consider the levels were made in 2min timer in mind. Especially when compared to THPS4's more open level design. THPS4's levels will probably feel the best with the current control set up of 1+2; spine transfers etc.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me DLC for everything up to THUG2 and I assure you I will give you my money, Activision.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It won't be DLC. Activision knows they can make more money if they sell 3+4 as a stand-alone product.