• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So in 2011, we were introduced to another incarnation of the Looney Tunes

MV5BMjIwY2FlMGItNWUwOS00NTc0LWE2NGQtZGVmYzRlMzRkZWM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MDM4Mzc@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

This was more of a sitcom style approach to the Looney Tunes and with all the Lola Bunny discourse, people say they liked her depiction on this show and in general, so overall, what do you think of this show? I didn't mind the show but I felt Daffy was too stupid at times

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I loved it and wished it went longer. I thought it was a really great iteration in the series. The Merry Melodies were hit or miss.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Daffy was absolutely insufferable IMO but I liked everything else about that show.
I might've liked it even better if he wasn't so obnoxious.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It was great, favorite CN show of the entire decade. Honestly was just hitting its stride when it was canceled. Lola stole the show, but all the characters were good. It's definitely the best iteration of Porky too.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Daffy was absolutely insufferable IMO but I liked everything else about that show.
I might've liked it even better if he wasn't so obnoxious.
I feel like they were definitely writing him to be very Costanza. I honestly liked how over the top annoying they made him for the most part. It was just an exaggeration of his classic character.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I dont know, sometimes the humor felt odd to me, like I dont really felt confortable watching the Looney Tunes in Seinfield/Friends

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
First. They fixed Lola by actually giving her a character.

Also obligatory:

Second. The sitcom format really worked.

Third. Added Daffy was so annoying but in a good way.

Fourth. The CGI Roadrunner cartoons were really uninspired.

Fifth. Tina Russo deserves more love.

latest

Sixth. Granny as a WW2 spy is the best episode.

Lastly. It was gone way too soon and deserved 3 more seasons.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You know what sucks? Petunia was added right at the end of season 2 and was going be in way more of season 3 with Porky.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The best Looney Tunes show. It was great and such a shame it only ended after 2 seasons.

Sitcom Looney Tunes is the best form of Looney Tunes it turns out.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
It had its moments. The softer low key jokes were usually very sharp while the longer, more established, timing based jokes usually fell flat due to somewhat poor voice acting and direction.

But yeah, good show. Probably would have been better with a smaller crew.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
fucking hilarious and the perfect way to bring an animated institution into the current century. really good characterization

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I thought it was great but wasn't surprised when it went away after a few seasons. It had a slow pace for a cartoon show and took a while to find its footing.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
It was great except for the music videos they decided to shoehorn in during every episode.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
When it was brand new, I was pretty frustrated and confused about the decision to make Looney Tunes into a sitcom about modern domestic life. I was excited for a new LT revival, and LTS was the complete antithesis of that.

I eventually grew to enjoy it quite a bit—after it was cancelled, when it started airing after Toonami every week, removed from all my expectations and desires. There's some really good stuff in there, and I think it would be received more warmly if it was made today.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
An underrated classic just like Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Both didn't live as long as they should've.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
First. They fixed Lola by actually giving her a character.

Also obligatory:

Second. The sitcom format really worked.

Third. Added Daffy was so annoying but in a good way.

Fourth. The CGI Roadrunner cartoons were really uninspired.

Fifth. Tina Russo deserves more love.

latest

Sixth. Granny as a WW2 spy is the best episode.

Lastly. It was gone way too soon and deserved 3 more seasons.

I agree with everything you said but especially the last part.
Great show, gone way too soon. Format really worked and I was pretty dissapointed with the follow up "Wabbit" because of how much I loved this show.

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely loved it. Favorite was Daffy becoming an ass-kicking marine who saved Bugs who was stuck in a Bolivian prison.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
When it was brand new, I was pretty frustrated and confused about the decision to make Looney Tunes into a sitcom about modern domestic life. I was excited for a new LT revival, and LTS was the complete antithesis of that.

I eventually grew to enjoy it quite a bit—after it was cancelled, when it started airing after Toonami every week, removed from all my expectations and desires. There's some really good stuff in there, and I think it would be received more warmly if it was made today.
This was me, except I finished watching it on HBO Max recently and outside Daffy being a little too mean at times, I loved it.

I still say Duck Dodgers is still the best modern reinterpretation of Looney Tunes characters. Part of it was I really liked the late Joe Alaskey's Daffy and Marvin and I got used to it, but Jeff Bergman's Daffy kinda soured me at first.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So at least something good came out of the Lola twitter raging. Would be great if it could be revived.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
They need to revive this.

In my opinion, it's the only way these characters can exist and matter in conventional pop culture (like they should, as they're legendary). This was a great new way to experience the Looney Tunes, and it was cut down too early by Cartoon Network's trash scheduling and awkward push into live-action programming at the time.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I'd love a revival on HBO Max. It really deserved to go on for a few more seasons. I thought it was a great way to modernize these characters. The world needs more Daffy Duck, licensed cosmetologist.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
  • My second favorite of all Looney Tunes Spinoffs
  • Split a single character who didn't know what they wanted to be into two great characters
  • Handed Cecil Turtle his first and only loss against Bugs.
It's good stuff.

Mugenhunt

Oct 17, 2019
The episode with the origin of the pizza place they hang out in is perhaps my favorite Looney Tunes bit ever. It also had the Wizard Daffy music video in the middle, so yeah.

Season 1, Episode 17: Sunday Night Slice.

AKA, the episode with a cannibalism joke that got to air on Cartoon Network.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I know, late bump but I just started watching this on HBO Max and holy shit this is a lot funnier than I expected

Rocwell

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
Guess I'm one of the few people that hated the sitcom format. Between the Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad etc the animated sitcom has been done to death imo. The animation is really bland too since most of the jokes are based on dialog. Seeing Porky and Daffy talk about car insurance and their cell phones made me wish someone would drop a piano on me. Classic Looney Toons are miles ahead of this in terms of humor and visual appeal.