• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Never got a PS4 Pro so I've been saving my replay of Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn for PS5 when I can play at PS4 Pro (or hopefully better) levels.
Also, I can't wait till November to play Last of Us 2, so I'll play that on my base PS4 in May, but I'll replay it with PS5. Maybe even the first game I put in.

how bout y'all?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God of War @ a locked 60fps (assuming it doesn't come to PC - if it does I'll play it there for KB/M support)
Bloodborne with actual solid performance

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
Bloodborne and Control. I was about to buy a PC only to play Control at 60fps, but with the specs announcements of the next generation, I hope I can play it there.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
God of War for sure since base PS4 is only 30, hopefully there's a PS5 patch with improved perfomance/resolution.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
...honestly Morrowind on the og Xbox. I watched videos of the fairly significant performance boost on the Xbox One X. And yeah, I could play it on PC, but I just think that's really fascinating.

That and Bloodborne.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably number 1, even if I'll probably sit on it for awhile, just due to how long it is. Though pretty much all the PS4 exclusives I liked. Xcom 2 and The Sims 4, as load times killed both for me.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Bloodborne and Control. I was about to buy a PC only to play Control at 60fps, but with the specs announcements of the next generation, I hope I can play it there.
Oh yea this too
Had got it for Black Friday but it ran like shit on base PS4, so I sold it.
i wouldn't doubt if they either: remaster it with DLC ingame of the year for PS5, or if it's just super enhanced BC for both next gen

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
RDR2 I suppose. I picked it up together with AC odyssey and RDR2 seemed so sluggish sad and blurry compared to AC:Odyssey's bright beautiful landscapes with buttery smooth gameplay.
But of course I know RDR2 is objectively a superior game, so next gen it is.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Final Fantasy XIV
Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6
The Witcher 3

these come first to mind. I though doubt the Yakuza developers will bother unlocking the framerate to 60 in their games if they aren't 60 already.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man!
Haven't played it yet, been sitting on the fence waiting for 60fps to happen.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
God of War, TLOU Part 2, Spider-Man, RDR2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On Xbox - Sekiro locked at 60fps, witcher at 60

would love to play a smooth bloodborne... but are we even sure ps4 games will be enhanced betond ps4 pro mode.. at ALL? Did not really sound good from cernys presentation...

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Mostly Jedi Fallen Order. Hopefully with a more stable performance. But also RDR2, Gears 5, and I'll probably save RE2 and 3 for Series X

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
On Xbox - Sekiro locked at 60fps, witcher at 60

would love to play a smooth bloodborne... but are we even sure ps4 games will be enhanced betond ps4 pro mode.. at ALL? Did not really sound good from cernys presentation...

It sounds like there is just more boost, so perf drops should be addressed further, especially in games on PS4 pro which are already maxed out

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Maybe Bloodborne but that's about it. I don't have the time to go back and play older games these days. I envy those that are worried about PS1/PS2/PS3/XB/360 being available on backwards compatibility and have to time to play everything again.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Replaying? My idea was to play the games I was not able to play during this gen, but looking at the info dropped by Sony it seems that might not happen so fuck that.

Oct 27, 2017
None. I'm not going to replay games because of upgrades.

I'll have played Ghosts and TLOU and Cyberpunk already. I won't be replaying them just to have them perform better. If I do replay/play them on PS5 it's because I either loved the game enough that I would have replayed on PS4 or because I never got around to it on PS4.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nothing really since ps4 games are still pretty good looking. i would prefer to see ps2/ps3 titles enhanced so i can finally play mgs4.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Spider-Man uses 4K checkerboarding. So not quite 4K but it look already extremely crisp and clean.
Bloodborne is infamously not Pro patched,
They haven't said that they are changing any code though have they? No enhancements beyond more grunt.
Those will need patches to increase resolution or whatnot

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't said that they are changing any code though have they? No enhancements beyond more grunt.
Those will need patches to increase resolution or whatnot

Yeah , they didn't mention any PS5 enhancement patches yet. So Spider-Man would likely still be 30fps and 4K checkerboarding on PS5 without a patch and Bloodborne still 1080p with badly framepaced 30fps.
Games like Kingdom Hearts 3 that had a variable framerate between 30fps and 60fps should easily reach 60fps on PS5 without a patch. Or Final Fantasy VII Remake that has a variable resolution between 1200p and 1640p on Pro should constantly reach 1640p on PS5 without a patch.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah , they didn't mention any PS5 enhancement patches yet. So Spider-Man would likely still be 30fps and 4K checkerboarding on PS5 without a patch and Bloodborne still 1080p with badly framepaced 30fps.
Games like Kingdom Hearts 3 that had a variable framerate between 30fps and 60fps should easily reach 60fps on PS5 without a patch. Or Final Fantasy VII Remake that has a variable resolution between 1200p and 1640p on Pro should constantly reach 1640p on PS5 without a patch.

Those should all be good if they can enable VRR for those too. On Xbox it is limited to games with Vsync coded as On or on BC titles where they have forced it on.
Games with toggle vysnc currently don't benefit.