• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
They are suppose to be these intimidating and menacing Terminator-like cold murderers yet they fucking suck. They only managed to kill mostly innocent people and when they finally locate an unarmed and distressed Hank, they both got killed like little bitches by him.

The weakest part of BB by far. They have to be the most poorly written villains I can remember.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show is a Western in a heightened reality, it blows my mind that people constantly get tripped up by this.

Also, the fact that they keep killing innocent people is...kind of scary?

Oct 25, 2017
México
They are suppose to be these intimidating and menacing Terminator-like cold murderers yet they fucking suck. They only managed to kill mostly innocent people and when they finally locate an unarmed and distressed Hank, they both got killed like little bitches by him.

The weakest part of BB by far. They have to be the most poorly written villains I can remember.
You need to watch them in Better Call Saul then...

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The show is a Western in a heightened reality, it blows my mind that people constantly get tripped up by this.

What's the point of them killing innocent people when in the end they couldn't kill an unarmed officer in a 2-1 situation?

I'm still on season 3 so don't put spoilers past that, please

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They got outsmarted too with the phone call to Hank. I thought their deaths were really well done.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
What's the point of them killing innocent people when in the end they couldn't kill an unarmed officer in a 2-1 situation?

I'm still on season 3 so don't put spoilers past that, please
I don't really get the point. What does them killing some people have to do with them not being able to kill Hank?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The twins aren't villains. They are unwitting sacrifices in Gus Fring's long game to consolidate power.

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't really get the point. What does them killing some people have to do with them not being able to kill Hank?
The point is that they failed miserably the first challenge they encountered in the show.

I feel like the writers wanted to give this Terminator type and failed hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
That's because Breaking Bad is fucking racist and views Mexicans as robot monsters and women as sexual manipulators while white men are justified in becoming abusive murders because "we live in a society"

That show fucking sucks.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That's because Breaking Bad is fucking racist and views Mexicans as robot monsters and women as sexual manipulators while white men are justified in becoming abusive murders because "we live in a society"

That show fucking sucks.
Definitely not the impression I got, Walter White was the clear villain that caused every conflict in the show and even when he died the song that plays pretty much says the lyrics "I got what I deserved "

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not the impression I got, Walter White was the clear villain that caused every conflict in the show and even when he died the song that plays pretty much says the lyrics "I got what I deserved "

And in the last episode he admits he did everything out of selfishness.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
The twins are definitely the biggest victims of the show's "writing by the seat of your pants" writing, but the scene where Hank fights them off and the way it also develops Gus' character are both so good that it works.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Derailment Over Multiple Posts; Prior Related Infractions
Damn, that's sure a braindead take.

Naw, it's just a racist show. I'm sorry. The poor teacher with a mean immigrant boss gets cancer. Is able to plow over the entire Mexican drug cartel because he's just such a special little boy that the rest of the world was wrong to ignore.

Oh and the best bit, after all the Mexicans are defeated he faces the ultimate final boss that equals him....other white people? Fucking barf. I felt this way in 2012, I feel this way now. This show helped get trump elected and is why those racist dumbfucks want a wall. Fuck breaking bad.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Plus they synchronize their Every. Single. Movements they do. Not sure if Vince thought that was cool or trying to make a joke out of those two characters.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017

That show fucking sucks.
HAHAHAHA No. The show is fairly uncompromising in how it portrays Walter White as a narcissistic, manipulative monster who is no better than the cartel heads. You ignore how the main antagonists in the later series are white as well.

Regardless, the whole point is that there is no good vs evil struggle in the that world, just awful people vying for power and/or revenge

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Naw, it's just a racist show. I'm sorry. The poor teacher with a mean immigrant boss gets cancer. Is able to plow over the entire Mexican drug cartel because he's just such a special little boy that the rest of the world was wrong to ignore.

Oh and the best bit, after all the Mexicans are defeated he faces the ultimate final boss that equals him....other white people? Fucking barf. I felt this way in 2012, I feel this way now. This show helped get trump elected and is why those racist dumbfucks want a wall. Fuck breaking bad.

Actually Jack is a white supremacist who is specifically not equal to Gus. Jack doesn't want to be powerful. That's kind of the point. He's just a thug who is content to rest on his laurels while someone else does the work for him.

If the show has a "final boss", it's Walt himself.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

I laughed hard at this. Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
The show is fairly uncompromising in how it portrays Walter White as a narcissistic, manipulative monster who is no better than the cartel heads.

You ignore how the main antagonists in the later series are white as well.

Great. So I'll happily say this shit again.

1. He's no better? White is able to just decide to be better than people who spent decades in the cartel. Some white dude just shows up and shows them how it's really done!

2. That's the most outrageous part! He's un-fucking-stoppable until he faces off against his equals....other white people. That's right, white people were the only thing to match his abilities.

That show is fucking embarrassing

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It was pretty silly how the one cousin slowly walks over to Hank, dragging his axe along.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
MlhjASa.png

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

I have to admit, it's funny how every person seems to think every show is a shonen jump manga. If a character is scary looking an antagonistic, then they can only go down in an epic final fight of ultimate destiny, apparently.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But Walter doesn't take out the Mexican cartel, Gus does almost everything to bring about the fall of the drug cartel and Walt was often working agaisnt him during a lot of this. Did you even watch the show?

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great. So I'll happily say this shit again.

1. He's no better? White is able to just decide to be better than people who spent decades in the cartel. Some white dude just shows up and shows them how it's really done!

2. That's the most outrageous part! He's un-fucking-stoppable until he faces off against his equals....other white people. That's right, white people were the only thing to match his abilities.

That show is fucking embarrassing
Maybe you watched the Berenstein universe version of Breaking Bad. In this universe the cartel was taken down by Gus and Walt fucked up everything more complicated than barely staying alive.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

You were so close to your bait posts being perfectly executed trolling until this.

Trolling needs to be more subtle and you ruined it here.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
But Walter doesn't take out the Mexican cartel, Gus does almost everything to bring about the fall of the drug cartel and Walt was often working agaisnt him during a lot of this. Did you even watch the show?
Maybe you watched the Berenstein universe version of Breaking Bad. In this universe the cartel was taken down by Gus and Walt fucked up everything more complicated than barely staying alive.

Yes, I saw every single episode. How does Gus die? Who does that and who sets that up. Who is the genius and who is the creepy monster man with a bell? Who is the human being and who is the fucking terminator who walks around with half his face gone before falling over.

Watch that show and ask, who gets to be human? Who is given tragic deaths? Outside of white guys, pretty much no one.