• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

I'm not even into Star Wars as a franchise but dang these are compelling. Was hoping for a 4000 word Wookiepedia article outlining the plot but they only offer single paragraphs for the expansions šŸ˜” Don't want to get corny and say 'these are better than the films!!!!" since again I'm not into the franchise but they do a good job of making you curiousI think.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah hese trailers made me want a animated star wars film in the style of these.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The hyper-flippy slowmo shit was always so fucking dumb, and the embellishment of that prequel-style fighting just turned me off so hard.

There's still good storytelling here, and Blur did amazing cg work. But it's that side of what sections of the fanbase wanted Star Wars to look like that just did not work for me at all.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The hyper-flippy slowmo shit was always so fucking dumb, and the embellishment of that prequel-style fighting just turned me off so hard.

There's still good storytelling here, and Blur did amazing cg work. But it's that side of what sections of the fanbase wanted Star Wars to look like that just did not work for me at all.
Yeah some of the earlier trailers were more extreme with that stuff and it seemed corny as hell lol. Maybe still good for SW fans but I found the two in the OP to be the most interesting.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah some of the earlier trailers were more extreme with that stuff and it seemed corny as hell lol. Maybe still good for SW fans but I found the two in the OP to be the most interesting.
Yeah these are far less egregious upon rewatching them. The fight on the bridge in the second one has a fair bit of punch to it still. I'm mostly thinking of these:

Just... ugh...

Oct 30, 2017

I hate that stuff so much. It's so cheesy/dumb/designed for nerds to go, "OMG so cool so dramatic!"
Star Wars needs to get more grounded on one hand, and more creative on the other. It's forever getting more flippy and slo mo dramatic, and it's always about some jerk with a dumb mask.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's wanted KOTOR 3 forever I really hope they create a next-gen version of TOR which includes all campaigns, expansions and allows a simple way to solo through the story.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hate that stuff so much. It's so cheesy/dumb/designed for nerds to go, "OMG so cool so dramatic!"
Star Wars needs to get more grounded on one hand, and more creative on the other. It's forever getting more flippy and slo mo dramatic, and it's always about some jerk with a dumb mask.

I actually quite like it. In something like The Mandalorian it'd seem out of place unless seen from a third person perspective (maybe seeing Jedis fighting from a distance, but I think they'll stick to more grounded characters and fighting styles).

For the jedi-focused stories though, gimme as much of that flippy dippy jedi fighting as possible, it's therapeutic to watch and is a huge part of modern Star Wars which I hope doesn't go away.

Oct 30, 2017
I actually quite like it. In something like The Mandalorian it'd seem out of place unless seen from a third person perspective (maybe seeing Jedis fighting from a distance, but I think they'll stick to more grounded characters and fighting styles).

For the jedi-focused stories though, gimme as much of that flippy dippy jedi fighting as possible, it's therapeutic to watch and is a huge part of modern Star Wars which I hope doesn't go away.
I doubt it'll go away, but I just want more samurai films, less over the top in my Star Wars.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I always wished they made an animated movie based off of these CGI video's. They are so good