• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Link's Awakening. Finally got to play it. After beating it, I'll play Luigi's Mansion 3, then go back to Sword/Shield.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Currently doing Metro Exodus on XB1X. I bought it at launch for $43 and then it went on Game Pass a few months later. At least I can play the game without putting the disc in - that's good, I guess?

Getting to TWD: The Final Season episode 4 next week. This season has some crazy twists.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally put down FE3H and began working on Dusk Over, I couldn't resist it as the lead just screams Yang Xiao Long and so has to play a game with the character design.

Simple but fun so far.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 15 and Dissidia NT.
The 3v3 isnt so good on dissidia though. Oki is meh on a lot of folks so it's mainly fish for knockdown and swap targets a lot trying to score the triple knockdown to be awarded a ko victory. Kos only coming from hp attacks is dumb and I think it limited them on how far they could've pushed the combat in this. It's far better balanced than playstation all stars was with it's only one move kills thing though.

Mainly it's that downed folk cant take damage and have delayed wakeups that makes its rhythm so stop start. HP attacks cant be blocked so you dont hover around a body after knockdown and many spells take too long to setup after knockdown. Generally they just hit jump and dash to fly then homing dash away if you try it and are at advantage usually vs an Anti air attempt if you wanted this scenario.

It's close. But it needs a few tweaks is all I'm saying to really make it sing.

Ff15 is a gem though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips? I feel like I'm still terrible. I don't know which mutations are best, which weapons I should lean toward or avoid, I never use shields but feel like I probably should. lol

Just keep plugging away honestly. The more deaths, the little bit more forgiving. Use lots of different things to see which you get along with and unlock all the flasks for health ASAP!

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I am seeing it on sale, but I am not sure if I am sold on the game. Is it really as grindy as some people say? Do I have to do dozen hours of chores to advance the story mid way through the game? I have been dying to play a witcher 3 like game for ages and this seems like its closest to it.

The grind complaints aren't really applicable to me because I do every single side quest anyway (except the gray "repeatable" ones that don't have a real story). I've never once had to go away and do something I don't want to in order to level up.

But I guess if you weren't someone concerned with missing story / lore and therefore not doing all side quests, then you may find yourself in a position where you have to go and do them.

Dr.Osiris

Oct 14, 2018
Started playing yooka laylee impossible lair ps4 and it's so good!
Bought tetris effect and this might be my favourite tetris game.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018
Currently I've not played much except a few rounds of Smash. I'll be jumping on Halo tomorrow evening and probably playing we Pokemon during the down time in the day.

I've got some time to myself next week so may try and finish up Fallen Order.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finished Spiderman and now on God of War. Idk why but I just couldn't enjoy it at release, now all of a sudden I notice and appreciate all the little things that Cory and SSM put into the game that I expected when I played at release, its a masterpiece

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Wow so weird - I'm also playing through Sword right now and intend to play Awakening after. AND I go back to work on the 6th!

How many badges do you have? I've just gotten my sixth, my team has totally changed as I had a lot of high level evolving Pokemon (Rhydon, Pangolin and Abomasnow just all evolved) and my team now feels mega! I might dump Abomasnow though if i find something cool or he doesn't learn any new moves. Maybe for a Steelix.

What do you do for work?!

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Continuing Assassins creed series. Dropped it after revelations. I beat black flag earlier this year and have unity, syndicate, origins, and odyssey purchased. Gold editions of origins and odyssey to boot. Currently playing the remastered version of III that came with odyssey gold.

I might finally start final fantasy xv as well if I get bored of assassins creed.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Busted through Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Halo Reach in the past few days.

Currently tackling Ape Out and GTAIV. Also started Chaos;Child - always wanted to play that VN, so here's my time to do it.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
I see most people saying Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I started Origins...really liking it.

After I'll tackle DMC5, Days Gone

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Bloodrayne, i'm loving booth.

Awakening DX is the first Zelda game that i, finally, can say i enjoy playing; Bloodrayne is just cheesy af and that's reason enough for me to love it, kek.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fininshed Untitled Goose Game and Gato Roboto today. I think I should be able to beat We Know the Devil, Heaven Will Be Mine, Rose of Winter, Frog Detective 1, Donut County, Chuchel, Pilgrims, and maybe 1 or 2 more games before the New Year.

Last edited:

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dino Crisis! Having to write down the codes is a pain in the ass, but it's a pretty enjoyable game overall

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
First completion is Ori and the Blind Forest. I've got a lot I want to hit in the coming months so hopefully the start of a long list of backlog clearing.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
AC Odyssey. Over 100 hours in and now I just want to fully focus on quests instead of exploring every corner. I think I've uncovered the entire map now but this game just feels too big.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Finally playing Death Stranding (wanted to take my time for this game) and have been messing around in Dreams for the new Community Jam. It's been such a stressful December so it feels really good :)

Jun 20, 2018
Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess. I never had any Nintendo console before the Wii, and around a decade ago I decided to play through Nintendo's back catalogue, pretty much in release order. Usually play a mainline Mario or Zelda every Christmas, but I'm getting itchy fit to play Breath of the Wild and Odyssey so I've taken on two of them this year. Might speed it up even further and play Galaxy 2 in the summer, then 3D World and Skyward Sword next Christmas.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally playing through Days Gone, and I'm really enjoying it. There's not too much new but it's all very well done.
Then I'm hoping to finish off Outer Worlds; I stalled something like half-way through by not having enough time to play.

Last edited:

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Still finishing pokemon sword but I've got megaquarium and FF8 on the switch to get through too

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
After watching the series I'm retrying to play The Witcher 3 for like the eighth time. It definitely helps knowing the characters a little better now. The combat still sucks though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I still have Pokemon Shield on standby for when friends do raids (or whenever I feel like killing time breeding things) but I think in the new year I'll start swapping out for something else. Death Stranding's still on the PS4, I'm trying for the Platinum and I haven't found any of the post-game delivery stuff tedious yet so I guess that game really has a hold on me. (I worry about that last pizza delivery, though.) I think I might slip in the Persona dancing games after that just to get them out of the way; I picked them up for cheap and I don't expect much (didn't like P4D's gameplay) but it might be a good test for whether I have the energy for P5 Royal in the new year.

On PC I tried playing The Amazing Adventures of Captain Spirit to prep for Life Is Strange 2, I feel like that game can't be that long and it has lots of cute moments, and yet I don't really want to spend time in it. I also started up Jedi Fallen Order, and I don't know if it's a Souls-like or not but I keep dying a lot to dumb things so in that sense at least it reflects my minimal experience with Souls-like games. It's very pretty and surprisingly charming, though.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I've had dreams about Control twice now. This thing is so weird yet good! :D

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
I'm finally getting round to the Metro Redux games - finished 2033 and coming up to the end of Last Light and they're incredible! Just amazing world building - I love how some levels are basically walking simulators where they just tell a story. Incredibly ambitious games considering when they were made.

Ghostswillpass

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Played a lot of Hades over Christmas and finished my first run through yesterday, very addicting game and fantastic to play with a podcast in the background.

Moving onto Golf Story but also want to tackle the massive about of Yakuza games I still want to play. I finished the original Yakuza 1 and 2 on the PS2 this year and am going to slowly try and get through the rest on PS4.

I don't need to play the Kiwami games too, do I?

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I made a double mistake of going down a Destiny 2 rabbit hole and buying a load of stuff in the sale. I had good intentions too. If I can polish off Luigi's Mansion that would be good.

RedHand

Oct 27, 2017
Finally taking the time to play through Shadow of the Tomb Raider. At about 30% completion, I'm liking it just as much as I enjoyed the other two. The shooting mechanics are still pretty weak, but the platforming setpieces are fantastic so far.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
And I finally finished Crimsom Flower on FE. I'll probably start playing Yooka Laylee now to switch things up a bit.
Shame I get back to work on Monday.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many badges do you have? I've just gotten my sixth, my team has totally changed as I had a lot of high level evolving Pokemon (Rhydon, Pangolin and Abomasnow just all evolved) and my team now feels mega! I might dump Abomasnow though if i find something cool or he doesn't learn any new moves. Maybe for a Steelix.

What do you do for work?!
I just beat the game today! My team was Rillaboom, Gastrodon, Torkoal, Drifblim, Arctozolt, and Grapploct. Really enjoyed it, though the end felt a bit rushed.

And I work in university administration! You?

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro. hoping to beat Genichiro utop Ashina castle.

I'm pretty bad at this game.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Enjoying Control after playing DMC 5.

Next up trying to decide if I want to start Death Stranding, Ace Combat 7, or Hitman 2

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
I just finished Death Stranding. I'm working on the campaign in Tooth and Tail, but even in a simplified form, I'm realizing I hate RTS games. I was enjoying the missions until reaching the common folk or whatever they're called, and jesus christ it got hard. I think I'm going to drop it and work on some turn-based strategy. Battletech probably. I'm also finally getting back to God of War. I'm trying this third where I play 1 RPG and 1 standard AAA game at the same time.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
REmake 2 and it's incredible. They absolutely nailed the atmosphere of the original.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through Outer Wilds right now, then about to start playing through the Outer Worlds as well!

Just love how two GOTY contending games came out this year with only two letter different between the names haha.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Luigi's Mansion 3
AI: The Somnium Files

I hope i will have enough time to play those as well:

Raging Loop
Saga Scarlet Grace
The Touryst
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
DQXIS