• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one was more Hype?

• Thor in Wakanda

Votes: 438 42.6%
  • Everyone assemble in Endgame

Votes: 471 45.9%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 118 11.5%

• Total voters

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The scenes with Carol are great too.

"Something just entered the upper atmosphere"

DefiniteGlitteringIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my take...

The Infinity War Entrance had better lead up, composition, music etc. It fuckin nailed it.

The Endgame portals moment was great but a big part of that was just a decades long payoff.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I still remember my theater going absolutely ballistic when Thor dropped in with Rocket and Groot. It's still funny to me that Thor became #1 OG Badass after his two awful solo outings lol.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers assemble is wack and I can't believe you guys like it. He basically whispers it. Hardly any emotion.
Thor is the best part of the Avenger movies

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard disagree.

The portals scene is one of the hypest moments in movie history and it was preceded by Cap fighting with Mjolnir.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Still Avengers Assemble. From the lows of certain defeat with only Cap standing-up to Thanos and his army to euphoric highs of seeing formerly dusted heroes coming back to join the fight is a landmark fanboy movement that would be very hard to top even from similar dynamic entrances in the MCU (like Thor, Rocket and Groot in IW) or outside of it.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

Though I will say that the editing up until Thor's entrance was super tight. One of the best in the MCU.

Last edited:

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many great moments in both films.

Scarlet Witch unleashing her fury full force.
Thor's entrance.
Cap wielding Mjolnir.
Captain Marvel bodying...everyone (and no selling the headbutt)
The portals.
The entire football pass of the gauntlet.

The list goes on. None of the moments make any of the others lesser. They in fact all make each other MORE great.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Thanos about to kill Thor and Cap summoning MewMew and then beating the dog shit out,of Thanos is not going to be topped... until they adapt that scene from the X-Men comics where Cyclops, backed up by his Xtinction team, tells a Celestial to get the fuck off of his planet.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Man I felt almost no hype from the portals I don't know why. Maybe because i expected it to happen whereas Thor just comes the fuck out of nowhere like a badass. Instead of casually coming out of a portal

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Nah definitely not. The portal scene is much better. The leadup of Captain America facing off against Thanos and his army, then the first portal appearing, then all the rest with that music... an insane comic book moment come to life.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Bring me Thanos followed by fight on Titan, slightly edges out portals and the oner.

Edit: I'm sorry, Quill's reaction to Gamora's death is the worst.

Last edited:

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I recently rewatched most of the marvel films and some that I missed; I totally agree.

Capt wielding mjolnir was the second hyped moment in the avengers film.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This bothers me. He can't hold her back with the full power of the gauntlet but he can body her with just the Power stone?

He needs to be able to close his hand to use the gauntlet, remember the cape and the way it wrapped around the gauntlet in the previous movie with Dr. Strange in order to "disable" it?

edit: beaten

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Thor's entrance is definitely better but Cap picking up the hammer tops everything.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
This is awful. If this happened in a theater I'd walk out and just wait for the Blu-ray.

LOL. I hope I someday get to see one of you whiners actually leave due to people enjoying a movie. That would be hilarious.

For what it's worth, that's not what it sounds like in person, anyway. The mike is picking up the people well, the movie poorly. Notice how you can barely hear "Bring me Thanos" even though the crowd has quieted at the end.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
I like the the Thor moment because we didn't know what to expect. Also the endgame scene with everyone showing up was for sure hype but what made that magical was cap saying avengers assemble

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Both scenes are the most hype scenes of their respective movies.

Thor's entrance is great but the portal scene just has a lot more emotional oomph.

Oct 26, 2017
Portals was fan service where you knew how it was going to end before it began, there was a lot more drama built better in Infinity War

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think the Thor entering Wakanda moment is definitely a hype moment, but I think the Avengers Assemble in Endgame is even more hype, because it's a huge payoff comparatively. And I don't just mean because it's the "final" battle of the 24 films series, but because prior to this moment, the Avengers are at their lowest. Sure, they retrieved the stones and created a new gauntlet, but they lost important people, and Thanos had just beat the everloving shit out of Thor, Cap, and Iron Man. After Infinity War, an absolute victory for the Avengers was no longer certain.

Cap being Cap, and facing down Thanos and his army by himself is such an amazing moment. And then, just as tensions are at their highest: "Cap, it's Sam. Can you read me? ...On your left." Then the portal appears, and out steps Black Panther, Okoye, and Shuri. Then the floodgates open, and out pours the rest of the heroes, and the Sorcerers, and the Wakandans, and the Ravagers, and the Asgardians?

I've never seen an audience lose their shit like I did during Endgame. They certainly popped when Thor showed up in Wakanda, but nothing like the Avengers Assembling in Endgame. It's no contest for me, personally.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Thor for me. Portals felt Really hollow for me. They all show up do some flashy shit but ultimately do nothing I guess. Just one big fat CGI fest with nothing of note really going on other than pretty colours.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Thor scene should be better but it feels like very little comes of it. Basically dude makes a big shockwave then largely vanishes for the rest of the film.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It certainly made you forget for a moment that the Avengers were about to lose.